Very active fermentation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyomingBrewer

Reaction score
I'm making a wheat beer, recipe from the complete joy of home brewing, and wow its active. Made this thing 10 days ago and the airlock is still bubbling, a lot! I had to put a blow off on it for 3-4 days then switched over to the airlock. Whats the longest this should keep going? This is my 5th full batch so bear with the dumb question but this is the longest I have seen yet. Going to keep it in the primary for minimum 2 weeks and if SG hits its going right to bottle.

What's the Yeast? I have had the WLP300 (hefe) go on forever at the low end of its temp range.

Until it thinks it's done. You may have a clock and a schedule but yeast doesn't.

Fair enough, I guess I was more curious on how long you have experienced. Whats the longest activity in a five gallon batch you have seen? It was us-safale yeast, I forget which exact one. I really need to start taking notes. It was the yeast the LHBS recommended.:drunk:

Back