[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say since I switched to using @kaljade's kegkalculator last year and being careful wrt taring, gross weights, etc, the actual keg kicks have never been tighter to the predictions :)

taplist_06jul2021.jpg

Cheers!

Yup, that's the one.
Before, I used simplistic math based on the SG of distilled water at room temperature + the beer FG with the keg tare and gross weight. So, a lot of factors not accounted for vs the kegkalculator, particularly temperature and then CO2 content. And to be honest I thought it was pretty cool just to have kegs kick within a full pour one side or the other of prediction. The refinement provided by the kalculator is just the cherry on top :)

Cheers!

you can hit the raw button then copy the text into a notepad file and save.

your file is going to be in <WWWROOT>/admin/includes/
where <WWWROOT> most likely is /var/www/html

just replacing the file should be enough, upgrade runs the sql script to update the database but you dont need to do that for this change
Ok that didnt go so well. When I upload a beer I now get this

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 7.47.24 pm.png

New Raspberry Pi user (RandR version) here. Got everything configured with the test data, and then deleted that and started to add in my own beers.

After a while, I tried to login in again, and can't. I'm not getting a bad login (I tried wrong credentials) - it just continues to go to the login screen (http://192.168.1.164/admin/index.php?ret=/admin/admin.php). Any ideas what is causing this?

(This is on Chrome and Edge)

I also notice that if I go to the "forgot password" link, then go back to log in, a successful login takes me to the "forgot password" page. There's some sort of looping going on.

Last edited:
Any ideas what is causing this?
remove the ?ret=/admin/admin.php at the end of the url.

That indicates to take you back to the login page. its a way of going back to the page you were on when your login timed out

remove the ?ret=/admin/admin.php at the end of the url.

That indicates to take you back to the login page. its a way of going back to the page you were on when your login timed out

I did, and it kept taking me back. A pi reboot appeared to fix it.

It may be an issue with my SD card - I've had it for quite some time. I'm going to get another one today and reinstall from scratch,

I did, and it kept taking me back. A pi reboot appeared to fix it.

It may be an issue with my SD card - I've had it for quite some time. I'm going to get another one today and reinstall from scratch,

I got a new SD card at lunch and reinstalled from scratch - the same thing is happening. A successful login take me to http://192.168.1.164/admin/index.php with the login page showing.

If I re-open the site and click the logo, it then takes me to the administration without prompting me for credentials.

So….I’m just trying to understand what’s happening to you…
You navigate to 192.168.1.164 and your RPints opens and displays the tap list?

You click on the logo, and it opes this page….
82B6EB97-0957-4DB8-BF2E-60571DD91597.jpeg

You enter your credentials, click log in and it takes you back to the same log in page (As pictured above)?

You close the page from your web browser, reopen, click the logo, and it takes you straight to the RPints Management Portal?

I got a new SD card at lunch and reinstalled from scratch - the same thing is happening. A successful login take me to http://192.168.1.164/admin/index.php with the login page showing.
So….I’m just trying to understand what’s happening to you…
You navigate to 192.168.1.164 and your RPints opens and displays the tap list?

You click on the logo, and it opes this page….
View attachment 734919
You enter your credentials, click log in and it takes you back to the same log in page (As pictured above)?

You close the page from your web browser, reopen, click the logo, and it takes you straight to the RPints Management Portal?

That's what is happening.

Guys. I changed my wifi password but cannot find a way to get Raspberry Pints out of kiosk mode and back to the desktop where I could update it. Tried CTRL =ATL and F1 and got a prompt but no desktop

Guys. I changed my wifi password but cannot find a way to get Raspberry Pints out of kiosk mode and back to the desktop where I could update it. Tried CTRL =ATL and F1 and got a prompt but no desktop

I don't run in kiosk mode, I run in "windowed" mode then use alt-F3 to full-screen the taplist.
So, try alt-F3 to at least change from full screen to window....

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick response. I could not get that to work. I was able to use CTRL-ALT-F1 to being bring up a CLI prompt and then was able to use sudo rasp-config to set the wifi connection. Thanks. All working now.

Going into Edge, it works as expected. Going back to Chrome, it works as expected. I dunno.

On a side note, how do I get the attached monitor to update?
Awesome! Glad I didn’t have to ”do anything” to help!

monitor update? Do you have a monitor attached to the Pi and running in kiosk mode?

Awesome! Glad I didn’t have to ”do anything” to help!

monitor update? Do you have a monitor attached to the Pi and running in kiosk mode?
Ha!

And yes - I have the browser open on my desktop that updates whenever I return from config, but the kiosk mode attached monitor does not update.

I return from config, but the kiosk mode attached monitor does not update.
Tap updates do not trigger a refresh. Its something ive been thinking of changing, If you run flowmonitors pouring a beer would trigger the update, if not running flow meters then you need to use a timer to refresh the page because there isnt a connection from the monitor to the server to trigger the refresh

Tap updates do not trigger a refresh. Its something ive been thinking of changing, If you run flowmonitors pouring a beer would trigger the update, if not running flow meters then you need to use a timer to refresh the page because there isnt a connection from the monitor to the server to trigger the refresh

Makes sense. Thanks! I ultimately plan to put in flow meters, but that's still a little but down the road. Would it be possible to have a keg change force the refresh?

Would it be possible to have a keg change force the refresh?
I could put the logic in but it would require to at least run the python for flowmeters even without flowmeters (so install but not configure flowmeters either at install or by reconfiguring rpints when running the installer again)

I could put the logic in but it would require to at least run the python for flowmeters even without flowmeters (so install but not configure flowmeters either at install or by reconfiguring rpints when running the installer again)

That's not that big of an ask, I'd think (installing the flowmeter scripts). Thanks again!

What RPi are you running this on? Mine's an old 2.

I still get some ghostpours ranging from 1,5litres to 7litres. All the small ones seem to have gone away with changing the start pulses, but i was thinking; is it possible to add a "maximum pour limit"?
In my case i do not have any glass bigger then 0,6litre, so what if there was a limit of, in my case, 0,7 litres, and anything above would be ignored as a ghost?

Possible?

Ps: i have put all my flowmeters horizontal and at the bottom, so the beerlines is higher at both sides.

Ha!

And yes - I have the browser open on my desktop that updates whenever I return from config, but the kiosk mode attached monitor does not update.

If you can ssh into the pi, there should be a refresh.sh in the html directory.
cd /var/www/html
./refresh.sh

Whoops, Update - it's in the /var/www/html/includes directory.

Last edited:
Hi RandR+,

I just noticed that the temp value wasn't updating in the top right. I went into the Pi and it totally seems to be still reading the temp, cut not updating. I checked the temp history, and it stopped about 3 hrs after I installed it. Can you point me in the right direction to troubleshoot?

I've gone to cd /sys/bus/w1/devices/28-XXXXXXXXX
and cat w1_slave returns different values, so I'm sure it's checking temp.

Cheers!

I've had Raspberry Pints installed for a while. Today when I tried to log in from the admin screen in the web browser I got a series of question marks in black diamonds across the top of the screen (in the browser). I tried typing in the correct username and password and the wrong one and the screen afterwards is always the same. My tap list loads fine and even trying to reset the password seems to function properly, but I can't log in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Can you point me in the right direction to troubleshoot?
check /var/log/rpints.log for errors regarding temp

enabling debug information in the log may help also
to do that change this line in python/Config.py
config['flowmon.debug' ] = False#True
to
config['flowmon.debug' ] = True

then restart Flowmonitor

My tap list loads fine and even trying to reset the password seems to function properly, but I can't log in.

Any help would be appreciated.
what web browser are you using? Are you using the latest Pi and Pi OS?

from the terminal can you run (default database name is raspberrypints)
sudo mysql -D <Database name>
update users set password = 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e' where userName = 'Admin';

then try logging in without a password (the update statement removes the password from the Admin user)

In my case i do not have any glass bigger then 0,6litre, so what if there was a limit of, in my case, 0,7 litres, and anything above would be ignored as a ghost?

I just added logic for this. now on the personalize screen you should be able to configure the max pour value
1626098755722.png

That's not that big of an ask, I'd think
I reviewed the logic and when the tap config changes it triggers the python to reload the shield currently, but that didnt trigger a refresh of attached screens.

I added the logic that when the tap list changes the python refreshes the attached tap lists if you update to the latest and install the flow meters options for Rpints.

If Flowmon is restarted (either manually or a pi restart) the tap lists will need to manual refresh as they lost their connection to the pi and will not get the refresh signal

I reviewed the logic and when the tap config changes it triggers the python to reload the shield currently, but that didnt trigger a refresh of attached screens.

I added the logic that when the tap list changes the python refreshes the attached tap lists if you update to the latest and install the flow meters options for Rpints.

If Flowmon is restarted (either manually or a pi restart) the tap lists will need to manual refresh as they lost their connection to the pi and will not get the refresh signal
Awesome! Thank you!

What unit is this in?
the configured unit on the tap.
Essentially if the number of pulses divided by the count per unit associated with the tap is greater than that configuration the pour is ignored.

So if you have a 50 pulse pour and have the tap set to 100 per unit and the config value set to .4 the pour would be ignored (50/100 = .5 and .5 > .4)

Latest posts

Back