[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is phantom pours from anything around 50ml and up to 15l pr pour.
Are your meters mounted horizontally? Vertical meters, especially the sensitive/accurate ones, are susceptible to bubbles causing phantom pours. It makes sense if you think about it.

Are your meters mounted horizontally? Vertical meters, especially the sensitive/accurate ones, are susceptible to bubbles causing phantom pours. It makes sense if you think about it.
That was my theory as well, since i was not aware of this issue when i installed them, my three flowmeters are mounted horizontal, 45°ish and vertical.
However i get ghost pours on all taps, the one being 45° is the worst, and the horizontal best but still not good.

RandR: ill check the logs when i get home.

You might think about even pointing them down, so there would be an "air trap" above them. You;d still want to understand why it's generating bubbles, but if that helps, that's one problem solved.

look at /var/log/rpints.log or the Log Admin page for the keg/tap to see when it kicked and if it was on a pour or kick detected.

Just restarted, so this is all there is, had one phantom pour after reboot.
image.jpg

Edit: no real pours after reboot.

Sure, but i also get phantoms of 7-15 litres...
unplug the meter and check for phantom pours.

One time i was getting them i unplugged for a bit then plug back in and they went away. i think it was a loose wire

The big ones just come on one tap, and that is the one being vertical, and normally within a couple of hours after its actually have been poured from, so i think maybe the placement is the real issue here. I will get some more beer line and move them horizontal.

So far so good, put all flowsensors horizontal and on a lowpoint at saturday, and still no ghostpours :).

However:

I've seen everything between 4.7K to 10K, I'm using 4.7 and it's working fine!
View attachment 721500

While i was at it, i connected a DS18B20 temp sensor like this, with a 4.7K resistor, but it does not show up i the temp probe menu. Do i need to change something somewhere to get it to display, or could it be a broken sensor?

While i was at it, i connected a DS18B20 temp sensor like this, with a 4.7K resistor, but it does not show up i the temp probe menu. Do i need to change something somewhere to get it to display, or could it be a broken sensor?
When installing Rpints did you specify to use Temp Probes? If not rerun the installer and select reconfigure Rpints that will reprompt you to use Temp Probes.

If so check /sys/bus/w1/devices/ for directories that start with 28 and contain a w1_slave file. If that doesnt exists then the temp probe isnt being looked at if it does exists then rpints isnt reading it.
either way Check /var/log/rpints.log (or the log admin page) to see if you can find anything about temp sensors or exceptions

When installing Rpints did you specify to use Temp Probes? If not rerun the installer and select reconfigure Rpints that will reprompt you to use Temp Probes.

If so check /sys/bus/w1/devices/ for directories that start with 28 and contain a w1_slave file. If that doesnt exists then the temp probe isnt being looked at if it does exists then rpints isnt reading it.
either way Check /var/log/rpints.log (or the log admin page) to see if you can find anything about temp sensors or exceptions
So just run the:
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash
command, and i will not loose all settings?

So just run the:
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash
command, and i will not loose all settings?
If you select the reconfigure pi/enable features
1625075538740.png

that only takes you through the prompts like pi password, time, monitor, Install Flowmeters, installer temp probes....

Ok, will try that.

The .../devices folder are empty, but in the log there are a line saying: 1wire temperature Thread 1 is running

1wire temperature Thread 1 is running
That sounds likes its enabled then

you can try running the commands to start one wire manual through the terminal
sudo modprobe w1-gpio
sudo modprobe w1-therm

Rpints runs those commands before trying to get temperatures. After that im not much help as i dont actually run temp probes.

Ok, so it will not accept a lot of letters from the keyboard, so i am not able to type the command, and i can not enter internet as my Chromium page does not have any adress bar....

Any other way to enter setup?

Got to run the command using copy/paste from a document...

But i get this error after running "update rpints"

image.jpg

The box translates to something like " cannot interpret out data from diff. "

I dont think that is an error as much as saying there isnt any differences you can probably ignore
Just realized i should use reconfig and not update... reconfiged with temp probe, and the "no temp probe detected" disappeared, but i dont find the temp displayed anywhere either.
"Use temp probe" is ticked.

Nevermind, seams like i need to check "show average temp..." as well, working now.

Thanks a lot!

After updating all my kegs vent back to 70++ litres, so i guess the convertion from galloms is of again like earlier...

, so i guess the convertion from galloms is of again like earlier...
Im looking through the update.sql and do not see anywhere that updates the unit unless the unit is current empty.

I set a keg to metric 4 liters ran update and it didnt change the unit.

If you could send me your sql/update.sql file and a backup of your database maybe i can get to the bottom of this

Yeah, i can still not access internet from the Rasp. so not sure how i can do that?

Any suggestions to why I cant upload beer xml files anymore
I think i found the issue and fixed it, if you get latest.
When the recipe has new ingredients that need to be added to RPints their id wasnt set so Rpints tried to associate the new beer to an invalid ingredient

I think i found the issue and fixed it, if you get latest.
When the recipe has new ingredients that need to be added to RPints their id wasnt set so Rpints tried to associate the new beer to an invalid ingredient
Ive noticed that the upload still works it just throws that error. Im reluctant to update as everytime I do I have to go back and change a heap of settings again. Ive kept my css file, my beerphp file and a few others but I still have to change a few things. I have no idea how to use Kompare and to save changes etc etc.

troyp42 said:
Ive noticed that the upload still works it just throws that error. Im reluctant to update as everytime I do I have to go back and change a heap of settings again. Ive kept my css file, my beerphp file and a few others but I still have to change a few things. I have no idea how to use Kompare and to save changes etc etc.

Going far off reservation is always a risk, and can be cumbersome to manage. My advice is to get another RPi, load RPints on it, make your customizations, and just play with Kompare. You won’t have any pressure with regards to messing up your production RPints and you can learn how to integrate your customizations. Hopefully you’re a quick study and after a few updates you’ll feel confident in updating your production build.

hpw do I get that file
you can hit the raw button then copy the text into a notepad file and save.

And then where do I find the original to replace it with in my Pi version
your file is going to be in <WWWROOT>/admin/includes/
where <WWWROOT> most likely is /var/www/html

Then is that all I do to upgrade?
just replacing the file should be enough, upgrade runs the sql script to update the database but you dont need to do that for this change

you can hit the raw button then copy the text into a notepad file and save.

your file is going to be in <WWWROOT>/admin/includes/
where <WWWROOT> most likely is /var/www/html

just replacing the file should be enough, upgrade runs the sql script to update the database but you dont need to do that for this change
Thanks again mate. Will give that a go.

Back