[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you add corny keg images to your drinks remaining list mate?
Change the make of the keg to Corny

1623672321953.png

I prefer the existing scrolling temperatures etc in the upper right corner, thanks:)

Cheers!
I‘m willing to bet he’ll give you the option to display anything available in the upper right corner.

I didn’t know how much I would like to see my last pour displayed, until he gave me the option to rotate it in.

Ok problem 1 is that whenever I try to do something in the admin page I get the error at the top "cannot execute query". Ive done this in terminal but still wont work.
sudo chmod +777 /var/www/html -R

Also when I go to the install page and click update I get the following error.

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success Connecting to Database!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
Upgrading RaspberryPints...error in query 101[ALTER TABLE pours CHANGE COLUMN `beerBatchId` `beerBatchId` int(11) NULL ] [Unknown column 'beerBatchId' in 'pours']

And I cant see any keg or ABV Images.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 8.08.58 pm.png

Last edited:
Try updating now, i think i fixed the update issue that should add the missing columns to the database
Thats fixed it Thanks for that. I noticed yesterday my clock time was wrong and I couldnt see where you change that. It said it was around 6:00pm on the 14th when it was 9pm on the 15th here in Australia. I assume it was on US time. Where do I change that?

Thats fixed it Thanks for that. I noticed yesterday my clock time was wrong and I couldnt see where you change that. It said it was around 6:00pm on the 14th when it was 9pm on the 15th here in Australia. I assume it was on US time. Where do I change that?
That will be a RaspberryPi configuration. So go to your raspi-config, Localization, and change your timezone there.

What is rotation time??
That is for how long you want a certain attribute to display. Let's say you want your temp to be visible and your last pour to be visible. If you set the Rotation Time to 30....Your temp will display for 30 seconds, then your last pour will display for 30 seconds....then back to your temps...and it cycles on and on........and on.

Can someone please show me a screenshot of what the fermenter and gas tank options look like on the screen when activated? Im at work now and it wouldnt work for me last night due to update issues.

That will be a RaspberryPi configuration. So go to your raspi-config, Localization, and change your timezone there.

That is for how long you want a certain attribute to display. Let's say you want your temp to be visible and your last pour to be visible. If you set the Rotation Time to 30....Your temp will display for 30 seconds, then your last pour will display for 30 seconds....then back to your temps...and it cycles on and on........and on.

Ahh ok thanks...I will check the pi settings.

My pours are shown at the bottom though and time at the top right and they are both shown at the same time anyway??

Whilst Im on a roll.....My flow meters are about 200mm line length from my keg posts and sit on top of my kegs. But the wires are always in the way so I was thinking of mounting the flow meters right up just before the tap shanks where they can actually sit inside a fridge door shelf just below the taps. Then have the beer lines extending out from that. Will they still work ok mounted close to the taps like this?

Or option 2 is to mount all the flow controllers in a junction box setup on the side wall of the fridge or the inside roof (My kegerator is a fridge freezer.)?

Any suggestions??

Years ago someone related their experience with the meters mounted very close to the faucets and it wasn't a reliable configuration with lots of pour errors.
In contrast, I've always run my sf800s nestled in the keg crowns with as short a lead-in as possible (~10" with the EVABarrier tubing I've been using for going on two years) and have awesome accuracy...

Cheers!

View attachment 732432

My pours are shown at the bottom though and time at the top right and they are both shown at the same time anyway??

In RandR+'s example...the temperature display is visible for 5 seconds, then the Digital Clock is visible for 5 seconds, and will rotate "cycle" between those two attributes.

Years ago someone related their experience with the meters mounted very close to the faucets and it wasn't a reliable configuration with lots of pour errors.
In contrast, I've always run my sf800s nestled in the keg crowns with as short a lead-in as possible (~10" with the EVABarrier tubing I've been using for going on two years) and have awesome accuracy...

Cheers!
It was from your suggestion that I mounted them close to the keg in the first place. I saw pics on how you had done it and did the same. But if accuracy is best as is Ill leave it alone and perhaps look at reconfiguring my wiring better to keep it out of the way. Cheers

Ok so back to where I was last year after my update.... When I try to add a beer xml file I get the error message "Cannot execute query"

It still works but m getting this error still on a few different things.

Also the beers list is in the middle and I tried editing beerlisttable.php to this from ($beerColSpan > 2?80:90) to ($beerColSpan > 2?80:99) but it didnt work like it did last time.

<td class="name" <?php if($beerColSpan > 1){ echo 'style="border-left: none; width : '.($maxTapCol==1?($beerColSpan > 2?80:99).'%"':'50%"'); } ?>

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
When I try to add a beer xml file I get the error message "Cannot execute query"
Can you uncomment $showSqlState in admin/includes/conn.php then retry that will show you the query that is having the issue and that will help me figure out what is going on.
1623844993072.png

Also the beers list is in the middle and I tried editing beerlisttable.php to this from ($beerColSpan > 2?80:90) to ($beerColSpan > 2?80:99) but it didnt work like it did last time.

<td class="name" <?php if($beerColSpan > 1){ echo 'style="border-left: none; width : '.($maxTapCol==1?($beerColSpan > 2?80:99).'%"':'50%"'); } ?>

Any suggestions?
What are you trying to do? are you showing more that just the beer name on the main page? Do you have 2 columns of beers or just one (i.e. 2 beers per row or 1)

What are you trying to do? are you showing more that just the beer name on the main page? Do you have 2 columns of beers or just one (i.e. 2 beers per row or 1)
Im trying to move the beer name from near the middle of the screen over to the left side closer to the IBU column. Changing that worked for me last time. Im only displaying 1 column.

Ill do that other mod to conn.php tonight and report back.

Thanks again..

So, I like to have a two-column display, which before the latest RandR+ update displayed OK. Now it seems the right-hand side gets cut off a bit. And yes it shows like this on the Pi display not just in my Mac browser. And thanks again for that clock display!
Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 19.46.05.png

Can you uncomment $showSqlState in admin/includes/conn.php then retry that will show you the query that is having the issue and that will help me figure out what is going on.
View attachment 732542

Ok when adding a beer batch or going into an existing beer I get this error

Cannot Execute Query[ SELECT * FROM vwAccolades ORDER BY id ]

Im trying to move the beer name from near the middle of the screen over to the left side closer to the IBU column. Changing that worked for me last time. Im only displaying 1 column.
Do you have a picture of your current screen with markup of what you want so i can see? THe beer name is only in the middle of the column if the brewery and/or beer images are enabled (but if they are not setup then the space is just empty)

Cannot Execute Query[ SELECT * FROM vwAccolades ORDER BY id ]
apparently that view never was in or got removed from the update script so if you updated from before accolades were a thing you would get that error.

I added that view to the update sql so another update should fix that error

Now it seems the right-hand side gets cut off a bit. And yes it shows like this on the Pi display not just in my Mac browser.
Can i see a full picture of your list or get a database backup (through the install page hit backup and it will place the file in the /sql/backups directory.

My test system isnt doing it so i suspect its a beer name length issue that is causing it

apparently that view never was in or got removed from the update script so if you updated from before accolades were a thing you would get that error.

I added that view to the update sql so another update should fix that error
That’s fixed it. Thanks mate. What exactly are beers batches and where are they shown?

What exactly are beers batches and where are they shown?
Just a stab in the dark, but I imagine I can use that if I were to make 10-gallons of a base beer but I wanted to split ferment...I could now create two batches from 1 beer and track its consumption...and have a nice detailed log of what the heck I did.

What exactly are beers batches and where are they shown?
A beer batch is a specific brew of a beer, essentially a digital brew log.
The reason behind them was to allow iSpindels to update the FG of each different brew (as well as track temp) automatically without affecting the master beer record.
You could split a brew into different fermenters and track them as separate batches (i.e. with different yeasts or fermentation condition) and make notes on each batch.

Any batch that has a current amount greater than 0 will show up in any beer list to allow you to select it (i.e. keg, iSpindel, charts). If its on a keg the main display will show it as on tap as a specific batch so you can know what you are tasting and determine if there is a batch you like more and what you did differently

keg #2 kicked now, 1 and 3 still have around 5litres each. Spot on?

7170D1FF-DF51-43AD-A97D-313B0D409C82.jpeg

I am moving to loadcells for sure.

1 and 3 still have around 5litres each. Spot on?
Does the log show that they kicked or had phantom pours?

Im testing a change to the sketch to help prevent phantom kicks which may also help phantom pours but unlikely

How can i check that?
The problem is phantom pours from anything around 50ml and up to 15l pr pour.

Don't know what to say other than "results may differ" I guess.

Cheers!

I have little cheep-o flow meters and I’m always +/- 20oz. (and I don’t measure weight when filling a keg) …. all I need to know is when I’m in that danger zone and the keg turns red.

luckily, no phantom pours or kicks….. though I had the super weird double pours for a little bit at the beginning.

Back