[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are quite a few possibilities. Dodgy SD card, overheated SOC, something not solidly connected, etc.
What I am saying is if you're using a 9V 1A wall wart on an UNO that is plenty of capacity and you probably should look elsewhere for root causes of system misbehavior, especially anything that requires a reboot to clear. I would expect a problem on the RPi side in such cases...

Cheers!

Possibly the worst issue I have is the flowmeters not displaying anything. They register, can see it all happening in the logs (correct pin, count, calculation for ml), and the screen refreshes, but no pours are shown on the screen, nor in the top corner. But it is subtracting the total from the keg.
I have all the settings for showing pours turned on.
Try Getting Latest Rpints i found i had an issue with the new upper right corner code that may have caused the issue with no pours being displayed.

Every now and then, when making changes to kegs, taps, I get "Cannot execute query", but then I refresh the page and we're good.
Can you let me know when you see that and what you are doing? Im finding a few minor issues im working through that i can fix

The problem I find with it is that it works fine for a week or two but then the pours stop being registered.
When this happens check the Rpints log (either /var/log/rpints.log or the log screen) to see if there are errors

Any ideas on what I can do to get all the information to pull up when the program loads on startup so I don't have to go through the log in / log out step?
Check /var/log/apache2/error.log on startup to see if there are any errors at the end of it stopping the page from loading.

Though its odd that going to the admin screen fixes it

Any ideas on what I can do to get all the information to pull up when the program loads on startup so I don't have to go through the log in / log out step?
I found an issue with the new upper right logic that was causing issues if the fermenter was not the first fermenter.
I have fixed

Click the Get latest RPints from the manage install screen to update

Hi RandR+,
Installed the latest (using the script), still nothing with the pours. I have all the pour display settings on, but nothing on the main screen, and nothing top right. I have turned off the fermenters and gas from displaying top right just in case it was that, but no dice.
I went to the install page, clicked get latest, then clicked update. Got the following:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success Connecting to Database!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
Upgrading RaspberryPints...error in query 211[CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW vwFermenters AS select f.id AS id, f.labe] [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW vwGetActiveTaps AS SELECT t.id, b.id as 'beerId', ...' at line 39]

The cannot execute query error can no longer be triggered, at least not that I can see.
Pours are still registering
pi@rpints:~ $ tail -f /var/log/rpints.log
2021-06-03 19:31:03 RPINTS: Could not import RFID Reader, RFID disabled. Assuming SPI not installed/configured
2021-06-03 19:31:12 RPINTS: starting WS server
2021-06-03 19:31:12 RPINTS: starting device monitors...
2021-06-03 19:31:12 RPINTS: starting command server
2021-06-03 19:31:12 RPINTS: starting fan control
2021-06-03 19:31:12 RPINTS: Fan Control fanControl1 is Running
2021-06-03 19:31:12 RPINTS: Not Configured to run Fan
Pourpour on pin: 6, count: 462, conversion: 1500, amount: 0.308, amountUnit: ml, user: N/A

And pours are subtracting from the keg remaining.

Installed the latest (using the script), still nothing with the pours. I have all the pour display settings on, but nothing on the main screen, and nothing top right. I have turned off the fermenters and gas from displaying top right just in case it was that, but no dice.
I found an issue, if the pour didnt have a batch it would error on insert but still update the keg. Since there were no pours in the database there was nothing to display on the main page.
I found I updated my environment but didnt take it back to the scripts that is why you had the issue and i didnt

Upgrading RaspberryPints...error in query 211
I fixed this, had a missing ; in the sql

Hi RandR+,
I've recently installed your version of RPints using the process from install.rpints.com... tried installing Tobor's version but it just doesn't seem to work correctly, so I installed yours and it seems to work, ish... I can't seem to get rid of two glasses under ABV/CALORIES/GRAVITY on two of three beers. I must be missing a setting somewhere? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also is there a write-up/tutorial somewhere about what all the settings do, etc?
IMG_9490.jpeg

I can't seem to get rid of two glasses under ABV/CALORIES/GRAVITY on two of three beers. I must be missing a setting somewhere? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also is there a write-up/tutorial somewhere about what all the settings do, etc?
The number of glasses and how full the last one is, is a visible representation of the ABV, the higher the ABV the more glasses (the highest being 2 full glass and 1 tipped over). This was part of the original RPints that I took.

Ive been working on a help screen but not with a lot of effort so No there is nothing that shows what the settings do, I am working on a customization screen so you can just use a checkbox to enable or disable settings without knowing there names.

OK, good to know, thanks! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong... so it looks as if, 5.0% must be the max? Then spills over after that? Any way to change that?

I have always liked the way one glass represents up to 5% ABV, two for up to 10%, three for the bigly beers (like my 11%+ stout :D)
Wouldn't want that to go away...

Cheers!

Any way to change that?
There is no configuration control the breaking points of the ABV glasses. its done out of 100 so the ABV is multiplied by 20 then divided by 100 to get the number of glasses needed

If you want to only always show 1 you would have to manually change /img/abv/abvSvg.php line 18 to
$numCups= 1;//isset($_GET['fill'])?intval($_GET['fill'])/100:1;
1622752719504.png

Hi RandR+,
I've recently installed your version of RPints using the process from install.rpints.com... tried installing Tobor's version but it just doesn't seem to work correctly, so I installed yours and it seems to work, ish... I can't seem to get rid of two glasses under ABV/CALORIES/GRAVITY on two of three beers. I must be missing a setting somewhere? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also is there a write-up/tutorial somewhere about what all the settings do, etc?
View attachment 731149
Sorry to disagree, but my version of RPints is working fine. There was some other issue with the prerequisites or the install script used.

Settle down... I meant that somehow the install script wasn't working for me... all I know is that the install script didn't have a problem when I chose the RandR+ version... so something in the script wasn't working for me when I chose your version.

so something in the script wasn't working for me when I chose your version.
I found that the name of the zip that is downloaded either changed or i had the wrong one to begin with. So after extracting the zip the installer didnt copy the files out to the www directory.

It is fixed now

Hi @RandR+ Bit of stuffing around. I can get the pi to bring up the query error now. All I need to do is go to the taps, tick show pins, then change a flow meter count and hit save. Error appears, but everything seems to save ok?

Actually, just hit save, no need to modify anything.

Last edited:
Actually, just hit save, no need to modify anything.
I think I found the issue with a little help from others. The issue was saving the tapEvents when the tap changes, I had the fix on my database so it wasnt happening to me but I never pulled it to the scripts (again).

I put it in the scripts so now if you get latest it will fix the issue.

Just want to announce I finished initial work on the upper right corner of the main page and the customize tap list admin screen
the upper right will now scroll through update to date information for you without refreshing the page.

The customize tap display now allows drag and drop columns (both horizontal and vertical layouts) into position and see all the options to customize in one place and understand what each does without guessing.

1623186140613.png

1623186164808.png

I didnt remove the options from the personalize page yet, not sure if I should and force the use of this page instead as it is easier to understand what you are changing.

As always any issue let me know

Just want to announce I finished initial work on the upper right corner of the main page and the customize tap list admin screen
the upper right will now scroll through update to date information for you without refreshing the page.

The customize tap display now allows drag and drop columns (both horizontal and vertical layouts) into position and see all the options to customize in one place and understand what each does without guessing.

View attachment 731693

View attachment 731694

I didnt remove the options from the personalize page yet, not sure if I should and force the use of this page instead as it is easier to understand what you are changing.

As always any issue let me know
So how exactly do I updated again without losing everything like I have done in the past? Its ben awhile since I updated.

So how exactly do I updated again without losing everything like I have done in the past? Its ben awhile since I updated.
You shouldn't lose your info, but it will overwrite the mods you have made to the styling. I keep a list of the customisations, so I can pop those back in quickly.

curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

Always backup your card before you start though.

Attachments

• barlist_new.png
    barlist_new.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 19
So how exactly do I updated again without losing everything like I have done in the past?
You can rerun the installer with the command beerNBikes mentioned.
This detects a current install and prompts with the option to update Rpints.

The installer makes a copy of your html before pulling the latest then shows a Kompare of your changes (stashed in git) and the newest version for you to manually see the differences and manually take the changes you still want to keep

You can also hit Get Latest RPints on the install admin page to update but it doesnt do the compare for you so you will loss all of the changes if you dont manually back them up.

Yeah...I'm at a crossroads concerning my RPints modifications....
1. Don't update anything and stay on my current forked branch for ever and ever.
2. Buy another RPi and use as a developmental Pi to see where the recent merge goes wonky, and try to get the latest build to work with my modifications
3. Install the newest RandR master on a new SD card and start over adding my modifications back in.

Looked through the forum and can't find how to change the date/time format.
I finally found time to implement system wide datetime formatting.

The latest code has the setting in the admin/includes/conn.php file. It supports any PHP date time format.
the installer will now prompt for which basic time format to use when installing new.

For those that want to use this without reinstalling you just need to get latest and add the following as the second to last line (inside the ?>) of /admin/includes/conn.php
$timeFormat = '<DATETIME FORMAT>';

i.e. $timeFormat = 'Y-m-d H:i:s A'; //for year-month-day Hour:minute:second am/pm
1623269669126.png

The installer makes a copy of your html before pulling the latest then shows a Kompare of your changes (stashed in git) and the newest version for you to manually see the differences and manually take the changes you still want to keep

I've never seen this. Do I need to install another package to the default Pi, or do I need to got looking for this manually? (I've seen the html folder, no Kompare tho).

Cheers!

I've never seen this. Do I need to install another package to the default Pi, or do I need to got looking for this manually? (I've seen the html folder, no Kompare tho).
Kompare is a software that will run during the update from the script on the pi (ssh will not show it because it doesnt have a screen)
Check if kompare is installed on the pi by typing kompare into the terminal if it opens a prompt for files then it is installed.

When you update at the end you will see something like :
1623328467347.png

Kompare is a software that will run during the update from the script on the pi (ssh will not show it because it doesnt have a screen)

Ah, that's why. I manage the pi completely remotely. Hence the following:

qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Could not connect to any X display.

I'll have to figure something else out.

Cheers,

Adam

Ok, it looks like I'm going to have to jump into this new version with both feet as my live system running R'Pints "classic" has issues and may not last much longer, and my backup cards were not viable (!)

Lee B. had helped me through his Remix installations and then the new RaspberryPints and I have that working on a test system. But when I try to use "Get Latest RPints" in the gui there's a brief lengthening of the vertical scroll bar that then restores its original length leaving no trace of what caused it. Nothing else evidently happens, and when I check var/log/rpints.log here's what I see:

[2021-06-10 21:57:44,320] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake: Client's opening handshake resource: '/rpupdate'
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,321] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake: Client's opening handshake headers: {'origin': 'http://192.168.1.215', 'upgrade': 'websocket', 'accept-language': 'en-US,en;q=0.9,it;q=0.8', 'accept-encoding': 'gzip, deflate', 'sec-websocket-version': '13', 'host': '192.168.1.215:8081', 'sec-websocket-key': 'XA+1xiG+bClDl/VLYawBGg==', 'user-agent': 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.77 Safari/537.36', 'connection': 'Upgrade', 'pragma': 'no-cache', 'cache-control': 'no-cache', 'sec-websocket-extensions': 'permessage-deflate; client_max_window_bits'}
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,321] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake: Trying protocol version RFC 6455
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,323] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake.hybi.Handshaker: Extensions requested: ['permessage-deflate']
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,324] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake.hybi.Handshaker: Sec-WebSocket-Key: 'XA+1xiG+bClDl/VLYawBGg==' (5c 0f b5 c6 21 be 6c 29 43 97 f5 4b 61 ac 01 1a)
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,324] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake.hybi.Handshaker: Sec-WebSocket-Accept: 'HTazXzobbR2WtHeaREmdNOGGQDA=' (1d 36 b3 5f 3a 1b 6d 1d 96 b4 77 9a 44 49 9d 34 e1 86 40 30)
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,325] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake.hybi.Handshaker: Protocol version is RFC 6455
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,327] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.extensions.PerMessageDeflateExtensionProcessor: Enable permessage-deflate extension (request: server_max_window_bits=None; server_no_context_takeover=False, response: client_max_window_bits=None; client_no_context_takeover=False)
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,328] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake.hybi.Handshaker: Extensions accepted: ['permessage-deflate']
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,329] [DEBUG] mod_pywebsocket.handshake.hybi.Handshaker: Sent server's opening handshake: 'HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols\r\nUpgrade: websocket\r\nConnection: Upgrade\r\nSec-WebSocket-Accept: HTazXzobbR2WtHeaREmdNOGGQDA=\r\nSec-WebSocket-Extensions: permessage-deflate\r\n\r\n'
[2021-06-10 21:57:44,330] [INFO] mod_pywebsocket.handshake: Established (RFC 6455 protocol)

Note I have my existing/"working" R'Pints rooted at /var/www/html/rpints to avoid conflicts with other packages.

Do I need to use 'curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash' to do the update?

Cheers!

Separately...on the same system I tried using the "backup" button and this is what happened:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success Connecting to Database!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
backing RaspberryPints...
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 100064256 bytes) in /var/www/html/rpints/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 162

Tried it twice just for GPs, same error twice. Curiously, nothing related shows up in /var/log/rpints.log...

Cheers!

But when I try to use "Get Latest RPints" in the gui there's a brief lengthening of the vertical scroll bar that then restores its original length leaving no trace of what caused it. Nothing else evidently happens, and when I check var/log/rpints.log here's what I see:
Because the way the upgrade happens (in the python) nothing will log to the GUI. A downfall to the way its done.
The log should only show something like
1623416059110.png

The Get Latest uses the path to the RPints directory so it should update the correct one.

You can try the curl command to do the update

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 100064256 bytes) in /var/www/html/rpints/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 162

Tried it twice just for GPs, same error twice. Curiously, nothing related shows up in /var/log/rpints.log...
I will review but it probably has to do with the php code creating one big string to write instead of writing in pieces to avoid memory like this.
Since backup is done through the PHP there will not be anything in the rpints.log (that is only for the python code though i suppose i could have the python call the php to do the backup...)

I finally found time to implement system wide datetime formatting.

The latest code has the setting in the admin/includes/conn.php file. It supports any PHP date time format.
the installer will now prompt for which basic time format to use when installing new.

For those that want to use this without reinstalling you just need to get latest and add the following as the second to last line (inside the ?>) of /admin/includes/conn.php
$timeFormat = '<DATETIME FORMAT>';

i.e. $timeFormat = 'Y-m-d H:i:s A'; //for year-month-day Hour:minute:second am/pm
View attachment 731791

I have a question on this. So I know my current timeFormat is 'Y-m-d H:i:s A'. Am I able to change to any of the acceptable formats found in the installRaspberryPints file? Can I got off reservation with something like 'M d,Y g:ia'? (Jun 11,2021 4:14pm)

Am I able to change to any of the acceptable formats found in the installRaspberryPints file? Can I got off reservation with something like 'M d,Y g:ia'? (Jun 11,2021 4:14pm)
The installer just has some common formats in it, but any valid PHP date format will work.

I tested 'M d,Y g:ia' and got this
1623459826407.png

You shouldn't lose your info, but it will overwrite the mods you have made to the styling. I keep a list of the customisations, so I can pop those back in quickly.

curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

Always backup your card before you start though.

Trying to reinstall but getting the following error??
Any idea what Im doing wrong?

pi@rpints:~ $ curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 235 100 235 0 0 511 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 511
100 888 0 888 0 0 1204 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1204
bash: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
bash: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
pi@rpints:~ $

Back