[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It loads up fine and looks good but then after a while the screen goes black (I think the pi reboots or something), the little raspberry icon shows at the top but not much more happens.
This sounds like a brownout. Do you have a good Raspberry Pi power supply?

This sounds like a brownout. Do you have a good Raspberry Pi power supply?
Not heard of a brownout before! What does that mean? I think I just bought a power supply on Amazon. My pi is mounted on the pack of the screen and is fed from the screen itself via a usb.....

Attachments

• 12EF35C6-1BA0-4F7A-8DF2-EE0135627BAE.jpeg
    12EF35C6-1BA0-4F7A-8DF2-EE0135627BAE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
Try a larger dedicated power supply.

A brownout is where the power supply is not capable of supplying the power required for the device. It may boot, but when doing something more intensive, it will reset and possibly not reboot.

I knew this kick was coming. Tapped this keg a month ago so I did a quick check of the database for any ghost pours.
Found just one (couple of ounces), deleted it, then pulled the last pour. Pretty tight! :D

taplist_13may2021.jpg

Cheers!

Hello, I have the @RandR+ version installed and operating quite nicely. I cannot for the life of me find where the feature for importing a beer using Beersmith XML format is actually implemented. I can see that others have been doing it but how?

Thanks

In the "Beers" tab, import xml at the bottom.

Edit: "Add a beer with XML" is the button.
Thanks for that, I thought it was for importing Beer Styles not Beers (Doh!) anyway tried it out (with a file from the BeerXML wiki page) and the page went blank and hung there forever. Looking in the apache logfile I see the following error.

[Sun May 16 11:52:10.634422 2021] [php7:error] [pid 1473] [client 192.168.1.2:39334] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php:46\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php on line 46, referer: http://192.168.1.30/admin/beer_form_xml.php

Any clues as to why this is failing?

Thanks

Thanks for that, I thought it was for importing Beer Styles not Beers (Doh!) anyway tried it out (with a file from the BeerXML wiki page) and the page went blank and hung there forever. Looking in the apache logfile I see the following error.

[Sun May 16 11:52:10.634422 2021] [php7:error] [pid 1473] [client 192.168.1.2:39334] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php:46\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php on line 46, referer: http://192.168.1.30/admin/beer_form_xml.php

Any clues as to why this is failing?

Thanks
I'll answer my own problem, seems the PHP environment was not properly set. So reloaded the correct php module with:
48 php --version
49 sudo apt-get install php7.3-xml
50 sudo systemctl reload apache2
51 php -m | grep -i simple

Now getting "Invalid XML

Error log gives:
[Sun May 16 12:32:12.306174 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 676] [client 192.168.1.2:42504] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /tmp/phpGgO5Bx:229: parser error : xmlParseEntityRef: no name in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php on line 46, referer: http://192.168.1.30/admin/beer_form_xml.php
[Sun May 16 12:32:12.306287 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 676] [client 192.168.1.2:42504] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): <CATEGORY>Bitter & English Pale Ale</CATEGORY> in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php on line 46, referer: http://192.168.1.30/admin/beer_form_xml.php
[Sun May 16 12:32:12.306313 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 676] [client 192.168.1.2:42504] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /var/www/html/admin/includes/upload_beer.php on line 46, referer: http://192.168.1.30/admin/beer_form_xml.php

Any thoughts?

Again - i'll answer my own idiotic question. The format was wrong, using the correct BeerXML stucture works perfectly.

Tried to add some Accolades but not having any luck.
acc1.png

This is my screen before i do anything (just hit the Accolades button) --^
acc2.png

This is what I entered to try to add an accolade --^
acc3.png

This is what happens once i've hit the save button --^

Naturally, when i try to apply an accolade to a Beer - there is nothing to choose from in the drop-down.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Tried to add some Accolades but not having any luck.
After trying it out, I see that the rank is Silver but RPints expects rank to be a number.

Not sure if I should just force number entry or allow any text in the ranking column....

Trying to run RPints without RPi. Loaded RandR+ fork and feel like I'm in the home stretch (so cheers to that) but get the below error. BTW, I am not using flow monitors, so I don't know if that's relevant. Very new at this and after a week of combing through 182 pages of this topic I'm ready to wave the white flag.

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success Connecting to Database!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
Update config files...Success!
Update admin config files...Success!
Creating RPints database...Success!
Creating RPints database user...Success!
Running Database Script...error in query 70[CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW vwIoHardwarePins AS (SELECT CASE WHEN tc.flowPin < 0 T] [Table 'raspberrypints.gastanks' doesn't exist]

**UPDATE**
Apparently it didn't matter because I was able to make it to the login page but now am unable to login. I'm using the admin username and the password I created in myphpadmin but its not being recognized.

1621355534232.png

Last edited:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW vwIoHardwarePins AS (SELECT CASE WHEN tc.flowPin < 0 T
Thats my bad, Im working on committing my update and had bad sql. Rerun the installer to get it to work correctly. Or wait a bit till i finish committing my update to get the very latest

Apparently it didn't matter because I was able to make it to the login page but now am unable to login. I'm using the admin username and the password I created in myphpadmin but its not being recognized.
Did in encrypt the password when you inserted it?

Thats my bad, Im working on committing my update and had bad sql. Rerun the installer to get it to work correctly. Or wait a bit till i finish committing my update to get the very latest

Did in encrypt the password when you inserted it?
I don't think it encrypted it but not sure. When I installed XAMPP I immediately went to the control panel and opened myphpadmin to change the password. Everything was working but now I'm just getting this error page.
1621359283523.png

**UPDATE**
Not sure what I did but it's working now....albeit with a few errors at the top.
1621360596543.png

Last edited:
I don't think it encrypted it but not sure. When I installed XAMPP I immediately went to the control panel and opened myphpadmin to change the password. Everything was working but now I'm just getting this error page.
Unfortunately i am not sure what password you changed.

The one needed to log into Rpints is in the users table. If you change any other passwords most likely you change phpmyadmin and broke that. The installer should set that all up for you out of the box

Trying to run RPints without RPi. Loaded RandR+ fork and feel like I'm in the home stretch (so cheers to that) but get the below error. BTW, I am not using flow monitors, so I don't know if that's relevant. Very new at this and after a week of combing through 182 pages of this topic I'm ready to wave the white flag.

Update config files...Success!
Update admin config files...Success!
Creating RPints database...Success!
Creating RPints database user...Success!
Running Database Script...error in query 70[CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW vwIoHardwarePins AS (SELECT CASE WHEN tc.flowPin < 0 T] [Table 'raspberrypints.gastanks' doesn't exist]

**UPDATE**

View attachment 729492
No flow meters then why not use my version of RPints?

RanR+, this is a little request and I don't know if it's possible, but I started kegging wine for my wife and I was wondering if it would be possible to add colors or SRM values to coordinate those wine colors as well on the tap list. My OCD is going crazy not being able to make a red wine red on the taplist.

if it would be possible to add colors or SRM values
Yes, the SRM list is maintained in the database so you can add or remove colors.

from the terminal run
sudo mysql
use <DATABASE NAME> (replace with your database name default is raspberrypints)
insert into srmRgb (srm, rgb ) VALUES(99,'255,0,0');
exit

this will add red at the end of the SRM list, you can change the order by changing 99 to -1 to get it on top
you can change 2550,0 to whatever RGB color you want

Maybe I will add an SRM screen to help with this

Announcing the latest update to my Rpints.
My testing was basic and limited to what i could test and since it is an overly large update that happened over a few months you will have to let me know if you see anything that is not correct or could be improved.

Release Notes:
Version 3.0.9.0
Add SRM form
1. No Database access needed to add new SRM colors
2. Under Personalize Menu
Motion Detection (UNTESTED)
1. Add LED Pin to light when Motion is detected
2. Added sound file to option to play sound when motion detected
3. Add MQTT option to send a command when motion detected
Gas Tank
1. Added Gas Tank Tracking
2. Allowed GasTanks to have load cells
a. Todo restructure so we have load cells with gas tanks in case the user switches gas tanks
Temperature Logging:
1. Added state pin to the log with the temp taken
a. i.e. log keezer on/off state
2. Added graphing state to temp log based on min/max of the temps recorded
Fermenter
1. Added Fermenters for tracking prekegged beer
Beer Batches
1. Added beer batches for tracking each brew
2. Allows for variation in the beer on the display (ABV/IBU)
3. Allows for fermentation tracking using different yest
a. TODO add compare function for different batches of the same beer
iSpindel Support
1. Option to add multiple listeners in RPints (not sure why you need more than 1)
a. go to advanced hardware -> iSpindel Connecters
b. enter Pi's IP
c. enter port to listen on (this can be any port open on the Pi i.e. 5003)
d. Enter IP and port into iSpindel
e. test.
2. Outputs to Rpints(SQL)/CSV/CraftBeerPi/Unidots/Forward(send to a url)/Fermenttrack/brewspy/brewfather
a. after iSpindel connects the first time you can configure through advanced hardware -> iSpindel Devices
3. Auto updates beer batches with latest information
a. you must assign a beer batch to the iSpindel through the iSpindel configuration
4. Graph fermentation

This also sets me up to implement a better upper right corner to display more information instead of just static temp/last pour, look for that as my next-ish update

This looks great. Thought that it would be a good use for my Gen 1 ( model A I suppose ) raspberry pi. Reading info seems not going to be able to upcycle that and will have to get a new one.
But it's another project to work on and looks a little simpler than BrewPi which obviously has a different role altogether.

Announcing the latest update to my Rpints.[...]

Awesome! So if I have an existing installation facilitated by Lee @LBussy's script, can I use the gui's "update" function with something approaching confidence? :D

Meanwhile...gotta love the combination of SF800 meters and a solid keg volume calculator. 2 oz of 640 is an 0.3% error (or, 99.7% accuracy) vs prediction...

1621996008095.png

Awesome! So if I have an existing installation facilitated by Lee @LBussy's script, can I use the gui's "update" function with something approaching confidence?
The update button is the old way of updating the database after you manually update the files.

Get Latest RPints is the new way to get the latest way to run the installation script and update RPints (including database) in one go

Announcing the latest update to my Rpints.
My testing was basic and limited to what i could test and since it is an overly large update that happened over a few months you will have to let me know if you see anything that is not correct or could be improved.

I updated, it's been a while, and whilst everything appeared to have gone well, the Beer batches page has a Cannot execute query" error at the top of the page. This is also present on the Kegs, Taps, Fermenters and Gas tanks pages.

I used the script to update, and no errors were reported. However, the update button on the install page (GUI) shows the following...

Upgrading RaspberryPints...error in query 104[UPDATE config SET displayName = 'Show the Last Pour in Upper Right Corner' WHERE] [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `log` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ...' at line 2]

I used the script to update, and no errors were reported. However, the update button on the install page (GUI) shows the following...
Try the script again now, i had an error in the update.sql that caused it to fail and now its fixed.

I will have to look at making sql error more pronounced as I missed it to with my update

OK, so everything went a bit pear shaped, and I ended up formatting and starting from scratch. New install of Pi Desktop, then the install script. It has since taken a lot to get everything up and running, and I still get odd behaviour.
Possibly the worst issue I have is the flowmeters not displaying anything. They register, can see it all happening in the logs (correct pin, count, calculation for ml), and the screen refreshes, but no pours are shown on the screen, nor in the top corner. But it is subtracting the total from the keg.
I have all the settings for showing pours turned on.
Every now and then, when making changes to kegs, taps, I get "Cannot execute query", but then I refresh the page and we're good.
Anyway, on a more positive note, I've added my two fermenters in, and, since I'm locked down, am awaiting my ingredient order so I can get another Motueka Hazy IPA underway.

Hi guys, Ive been using Raspberry Pints for over a year now. The problem I find with it is that it works fine for a week or two but then the pours stop being registered. I reboot the pi and it works again but will stop working again a few weeks later. Anyone else have this issue? Im thinking about removing the flow meters and not worrying about the ours aspect of it?

Hi guys, Ive been using Raspberry Pints for over a year now. The problem I find with it is that it works fine for a week or two but then the pours stop being registered. I reboot the pi and it works again but will stop working again a few weeks later. Anyone else have this issue? Im thinking about removing the flow meters and not worrying about the ours aspect of it?
No, mine have been running for several months. I did try running mine on an Alamode before I found this forum, and had all kinds of pain with that but now, with the USB Uno, I've had no problem at measuring pours. I run a separate power supply for the Arduino. I have my display controlled by the bar lighting, but the Pi and arduino run all the time.

No, mine have been running for several months. I did try running mine on an Alamode before I found this forum, and had all kinds of pain with that but now, with the USB Uno, I've had no problem at measuring pours. I run a separate power supply for the Arduino. I have my display controlled by the bar lighting, but the Pi and arduino run all the time.
Ive got a seperate power supply for the unit as well. What do you man by display controlled by the bar lighting? What power supply do you have for the uno?

Ive got a seperate power supply for the unit as well. What do you man by display controlled by the bar lighting? What power supply do you have for the uno?
The arduino has a 12v 1A plugpack via the voltage in. I had it lying around. I note that this probably not needed as it can also be powered from the Pi. However, the Pi's always seem to be power hungry, so I added the individual power for the Uno. By display, I mean the monitor that the Pi outputs to. That is plugged into a smart power point that activates with the bar lighting, so that the digital tap list shows only when I'm in the bar. Nothing fancy, but it means I can run the Pi and Uno all the time. Even if I duck in for a quiet beer on the weekends, without the lights, the pours still count and are subtracted from my kegs.

The arduino has a 12v 1A plugpack via the voltage in. I had it lying around. I note that this probably not needed as it can also be powered from the Pi. However, the Pi's always seem to be power hungry, so I added the individual power for the Uno. By display, I mean the monitor that the Pi outputs to. That is plugged into a smart power point that activates with the bar lighting, so that the digital tap list shows only when I'm in the bar. Nothing fancy, but it means I can run the Pi and Uno all the time. Even if I duck in for a quiet beer on the weekends, without the lights, the pours still count and are subtracted from my kegs.
Ahh ok yes that makes sense. Good idea. I’m using a 9v 1a power supply for my uno. I thought that might be enough. But perhaps not.

9V 1A is plenty for both an Uno, a dozen flow meters and an attached LCD display.
As well, using a 12V power source will result in the 5V regulator getting very hot...perhaps life-span threatening hot...

Cheers!

Hi All,

When my Pi boots up, it is automatically running the program and pulling up the page that says "Beers on Tap", but none of the beer information is displayed. If I click on the logo to go into the settings, log out, log back in and click on the logo to get back to the main display page, "Beers on Tap" is now displayed with all of the beer/keg information.

Any ideas on what I can do to get all the information to pull up when the program loads on startup so I don't have to go through the log in / log out step?

sorry, this is going to be very noob... I just installed the RandR+, thank you btw! But I am getting a "Cannot Execute Query" at the top of a lot of categories... How exactly do I fix that? TIA!

edit: I figured it out! I went to the Manage Install and updated

9V 1A is plenty for both an Uno, a dozen flow meters and an attached LCD display.
As well, using a 12V power source will result in the 5V regulator getting very hot...perhaps life-span threatening hot...

Cheers!
So then why would mine stop working every so often and need a reboot?

Back