[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 809FBD89-66B6-4C42-A764-3EE83411BE88.jpeg
    809FBD89-66B6-4C42-A764-3EE83411BE88.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 28
I’m not doing something right here.
you said you found the file in the file manager, if so then the path where that file is the installation path.

One thing to remember with Linux based operating systems is that you need / infront of the path when changing to a new directory
so in the terminal you need to type (for example)
cd /var/www/html

you said you found the file in the file manager, if so then the path where that file is the installation path.

One thing to remember with Linux based operating systems is that you need / infront of the path when changing to a new directory
so in the terminal you need to type (for example)
cd /var/www/html
So I wasn’t fully understanding how to open the text editor...but I did finally get what you were saying, apologies. However, when I got in there, it appears that changing it to contain in the file manager also changed it in text editor. Problem is, it didn’t change the image at all.

So I wasn’t fully understanding how to open the text editor...but I did finally get what you were saying, apologies. However, when I got in there, it appears that changing it to contain in the file manager also changed it in text editor. Problem is, it didn’t change the image at all.

Attachments

• 6C32B207-1931-4BE6-96E4-F63ACAB7742A.jpeg
    6C32B207-1931-4BE6-96E4-F63ACAB7742A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
Problem is, it didn’t change the image at all.
it sounds like you changes are saved, did you refresh the webpage after the changes were made?

Without the file itself it will be hard to tell you what to change. there are developer tools built into the browser but that may be a little advanced for you

it sounds like you changes are saved, did you refresh the webpage after the changes were made?

Without the file itself it will be hard to tell you what to change. there are developer tools built into the browser but that may be a little advanced for you
Yes. Refreshed page, logged out and back in a few times, rebooted pi a few times. Image is the same still. I’m 100% sure developer tools would be too advanced for me haha. Guess I’ll chalk it up to a loss. I appreciate all the help along the way though.

Guess I’ll chalk it up to a loss. I appreciate all the help along the way though.
one thing you could try is to shrink the image then add blank space under it to trick the browser to display the image itself and cut off the unwanted blank space

one thing you could try is to shrink the image then add blank space under it to trick the browser to display the image itself and cut off the unwanted blank space
I’ll give it a shot. Another thing I just noticed is that I don’t have the 3 tabs that I used to have (one was reboot) on the Home Screen of my page anymore. It’s just welcome message.

Attachments

• 6B372B76-28C6-4061-AD74-14DA2E0EBDA8.png
    6B372B76-28C6-4061-AD74-14DA2E0EBDA8.png
    683.7 KB · Views: 17
Another thing I just noticed is that I don’t have the 3 tabs that I used to have (one was reboot) on the Home Screen of my page anymore. It’s just welcome message.
Those only display if you have flowmeters configured because they use python to perform the tasks

Those only display if you have flowmeters configured because they use python to perform the tasks
So I just changed the image to a different one to see if it would cut it off too, logged out, rebooted pi, logged back in and it didn’t change the image, it’s still on the old image. When I logged back in it shows the background image saved to the new one.

Attachments

• 9735E215-7287-474A-812A-D90F003D0EB8.jpeg
    9735E215-7287-474A-812A-D90F003D0EB8.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 3E99D85B-DF6E-4A86-A766-334D942FD065.jpeg
    3E99D85B-DF6E-4A86-A766-334D942FD065.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
When I logged back in it shows the background image saved to the new one.
well thats odd, if you navigate to your install path then open the img folder the background.jpg should be the image RPints is using.

Im thinking the browsers cache is causing the old one to be used. I believe that control + F5 or shift + F5 will cause the browser to ignore cache and reload the page

well thats odd, if you navigate to your install path then open the img folder the background.jpg should be the image RPints is using.

Im thinking the browsers cache is causing the old one to be used. I believe that control + F5 or shift + F5 will cause the browser to ignore cache and reload the page
The background.jpg image in the install path is the default black image. Crtl +f5 did what you said and changed it to the new image, although it still loaded with the old image.

Crtl +f5 did what you said and changed it to the new image, although it still loaded with the old image.
thats odd it should load the image file img/background.jpg can you try from a different computer/phone that hasnt connected to your RPints yet?

thats odd it should load the image file img/background.jpg can you try from a different computer/phone that hasnt connected to your RPints yet?
Loads old image when I go on my phone. I have 4 html folders, not sure why, but none of them show the old image when I click background.jpg, 1 of those 4 folders is empty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
Edit: I just rebooted and it has the new image on screen, but if I use cover, the image is too big like the old one. If I change to contain, it takes up about half the screen so it’s too small. I’m assuming this is an issue with the actual images themselves. Though I’ve tried changing their file size to no avail.

I have 4 html folders, not sure why, but none of them show the old image when I click background.jpg, 1 of those 4 folders is empty.
A new HTML folder is made when you reinstall or update as a precaution.

Though I’ve tried changing their file size to no avail.
it may not have to do with the size of the file, its more likely the size of the web page components displaying them. there may not be a way to get a perfect fit without a lot of changes to the style.css

A new HTML folder is made when you reinstall or update as a precaution.

it may not have to do with the size of the file, its more likely the size of the web page components displaying them. there may not be a way to get a perfect fit without a lot of changes to the style.css
Finally was able to get this (almost) right! Had to download an image converter and convert the image to PNG, then resize it with a different app made for that. Just have some minor tweaks left, thanks again for all the help!

Attachments

• 16474A5C-35DC-4907-9CEB-C726ADBA4F57.jpeg
    16474A5C-35DC-4907-9CEB-C726ADBA4F57.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
I’ve successfully changed some of the font color. Anywhere with an html code i changed. Some of the lines just have “white” as the color in the line, will changing that to an html color code work?

Ok so lets see here, I've been trying to use the YF-S401E flow meters but getting a lot of foam. I had them mounted as close to the keg as possible (where the 2cm hose is in this pic)
IMG_20210217_193155.jpg

but I was getting a load of foam, here are 2 pours to show the difference!
With flow meter:

Without flow meter:

As you can see it's a huge difference, so I bought a bunch of loadcells and started printing the bottoms from this project Callwater/Beerkeg-load-cell to switch to weight instead.
So here's my questions, on the config page the pins are called "Command pin" and "Response pin" but the hx711 uses DT (data) and SCK (clock) so what goes where?
Second question is "Scale ratio", I'm guessing that it to tare or calibrate the load cells but I never found any information what to put there?

Thanks in advance and thanks for doing a great job with the software!

"Command pin" and "Response pin" but the hx711 uses DT (data) and SCK (clock) so what goes where?
Data is the response from the load cell
SCK is the command pin

Second question is "Scale ratio", I'm guessing that it to tare or calibrate the load cells but I never found any information what to put there?
I had to look this up to remember, it was pointed out to me by another member that its needed. That value represents the number in the load cell that represents 1 unit (OZ/LB/MG/KG). So if you put 1 unit on the scale it is the number the scale will return when 1 of that unit is on the scale. This coverts the number the scale sends to a value with a unit.
for example the scale sends 672 when 1 oz is on the scale then you would put in 672 in which case the code would translate 672 to 1.

Data is the response from the load cell
SCK is the command pin

Sweet, thanks a million! Now I just need to wait for the printing to be done! :D
One last question, the pin numbers, is that the GPIO or the physical number? ie. should I use fill in (GPIO)17 or 11
pinout.jpg

Oh I was lying, one more thing... on arduino it's possible to use the same SCK for multiple connections, might not be your area of expertise but can I do that here to. ie. use pin 17 or 11 on all the scales?

btw, you should really get a patreon or atleast a Buy Me a Coffee so we can support all the great work you're doing!

One last question, the pin numbers, is that the GPIO or the physical number? ie. should I use fill in (GPIO)17 or 11
physical number

on arduino it's possible to use the same SCK for multiple connections, might not be your area of expertise but can I do that here to. ie. use pin 17 or 11 on all the scales?
in this case I would not use the same SCK for multiple connections. to be honest I got open source code to talk to the load cells and isnt setup to get data from multiple load cells at one time.

in this case I would not use the same SCK for multiple connections. to be honest I got open source code to talk to the load cells and isnt setup to get data from multiple load cells at one time.
Ok thanks! I'll hook up atleast 2 now and see how it goes :D

Finally back home in my apartment. Sadly the update you provided Randr+ didn't fix my issue :(.

I did a pour for 315 ml, however 1,2 litres was subtracted from the keg.... Yes i know my keg is on -162 litres 😅 But that is another bug.....

The other bug that drives my keg nuts is the fact that every time I reboot my raspberry pi the units get changed back to gallons.

Let's say my keg says 10 litres. If i reboot my raspberry pi it now says 10 gallons. If i change it back to metric again it says it changes to 38 litres.

Anyone know how I can get the version from August last year?

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_230918.jpg
    IMG_20210226_230918.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210226_230955.jpg
    IMG_20210226_230955.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 12
About to fruit a lambic using blueberry, cherry and mandarin (separately). Do you know if there is any way to show an alternative color in rpints instead of just the spectrum of SRM ? I would love to show a blue color for the blueberry sour, for example

I did a pour for 315 ml, however 1,2 litres was subtracted from the keg
Can you verify admin\includes\managers\pour_manager.php has the following in it:
1614434665157.png

if so then i think we need to add logging to line 256
echo "Keg: " . $keg->get_id() . ", count: " . $PULSE_COUNT .
", conversion: " . $pourCountConversion . ", amount: " . $amount . ", amountUnit: " . $amountUnit .
", user: " . ($user?$user->get_id():'N/A') . ", Current Amount " . $keg->get_currentAmount() . ", Unit " . $keg->get_currentAmountUnit().
", subtract amount " . $kegAmount . "\n" ;
1614435025045.png

This will add the information to /var/log/rpints.log
1614435053760.png

If i reboot my raspberry pi it now says 10 gallons. If i change it back to metric again it says it changes to 38 litres.
That certainly sounds like there is a database update happening to just update the unit of measure of the keg to gallons along with switching to gallons volume unit of measure.
Not sure if its a code issue or a script issue. Do you do an update after a restart?
Also does it happen if you restart apache
Run
/etc/init.d/apache restart

and let me know

Anyone know how I can get the version from August last year?
in git hub you can view history
1614435293834.png

find the version you want and it the <> button on the right then you can download the code and place it in the installation location for your pi
1614435312391.png

Attachments

• 1614434657162.png
    1614434657162.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 4
I would love to show a blue color for the blueberry sour, for example
from the terminal run
sudo mysql
use <DATABASE NAME> (replace with your database name default is raspberrypints)
insert into srmRgb (srm, rgb ) VALUES(99,'0,0,255');
exit

this will add blue at the end of hte SRM list, you can change the order by changing 99 to -1 to get it on top
you can change 0,0,255 to whatever RGB color you want

Thanks very much for the response. I missed the semi colon off the first time. After that worked like a treat...

Now to decide if I like it that way after all that :) Again thanks...

1614438460419.png

Me again with the bloody pins... Tried adding a fan now using a mosfet connected to my proto-hat. The blue wire on GPIO16
1614518795953.png

So I've tried both using the GPIO pin (16) and also the physical pin (36) but it never seems to turn on. No voltage is going to the output on the mosfet. so have I missed anything. Do I need to restart raspipints after changing it?

1614518756454.png

Thanks very much for the response. I missed the semi colon off the first time. After that worked like a treat...

Now to decide if I like it that way after all that :) Again thanks...

Looks like a treat, and then you wont get a surprise what comes out of your tap! :D

So I've tried both using the GPIO pin (16) and also the physical pin (36) but it never seems to turn on. No voltage is going to the output on the mosfet. so have I missed anything. Do I need to restart raspipints after changing it?
it should be 16, look at /var/log/rpints.log and search for Fan. You should only see Fan Control ... is running. if you see Not Configured to run fan than that is the issue.

Also try setting the interval to run to more than 0. I know the comment says 0 should always run but looking at the code that doesnt seem to be the case. I will look at a change to make 0 always run the fan

it should be 16, look at /var/log/rpints.log and search for Fan. You should only see Fan Control ... is running. if you see Not Configured to run fan than that is the issue.

Also try setting the interval to run to more than 0. I know the comment says 0 should always run but looking at the code that doesnt seem to be the case. I will look at a change to make 0 always run the fan

It actually works with 36 and not the GPIO number after a restart so guess it's just a typo. Set it to run 10 minutes every hour now!

It actually works with 36 and not the GPIO number
sorry, yes you are correct. Board/Pin number vs GPIO number

This is the code that setups the numbering scheme
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD) # Broadcom pin-numbering scheme

Anyone set it up to work with hx711, just wondering if I should see any results in the log or if I'm missing something.
DT goes to green, SCK is yellow and then ofc power+/-
1614625093847.png

I've beeped it all the way to the pi and the proto-hat where the DT is on GPIO17(pin 11) and SCK on GPIO27(pin13)
1614625176631.png

When I put the pins in the load cell config not much more happens...
1614625416700.png

I've tried adding a weight but the "current weight" never changes?

just wondering if I should see any results in the log or if I'm missing something.
in /var/log/rpints.log or the log web page you should see towards the start Load Cell Checker ... is Running.

if you see Unable to run load cell checker after that or dont see that at all then there is a problem

I've tried adding a weight but the "current weight" never changes?
Try putting 1 for the scale ratio and 0 for the offset. you will also need to refresh the page after changing the weight, i dont have it setup to provide real time feedback

in /var/log/rpints.log or the log web page you should see towards the start Load Cell Checker ... is Running.

if you see Unable to run load cell checker after that or dont see that at all then there is a problem

Nope, nothing like that in the log at all just this, then the last part repeats
Code:
2021-03-01 21:11:45 RPINTS: No such device - Sleeping to try again
2021-03-01 21:11:50 RPINTS: No such device - Sleeping to try again
RPINTS: reflashing Arduino failed, moving on anyways, error was:  Command '/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -patmega328p -calamode -P/dev/ttyS0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:i' returned non-zero exit status 1
2021-03-01 21:12:06 RPINTS: starting WS server
2021-03-01 21:12:06 RPINTS: starting device monitors...
2021-03-01 21:12:06 RPINTS: starting command server
2021-03-01 21:12:06 RPINTS: starting fan control
2021-03-01 21:12:06 RPINTS: Fan Control fanControl1 is Running
2021-03-01 21:12:19 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...
2021-03-01 21:12:20 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2021-03-01 21:12:21 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it again with a blank config, just added some kegs, beers and the load cells. Installed without flowmeters and just temp probes.

So is the problem with my load cells or with my config?

Last edited:
nothing like that in the log at all just this, then the last part repeats
Ah i see whats going the part of the code that runs the weight check is failing but the log wont tell why unless debuging is enabled.

In python/Config.py
make sure flowmon.debug ,dispatch.debug , and loadcell.debug are true, then restart the service (sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon restart)
1614630408002.png

Ok did that and restarted flowmon and now the Log shows this, but just keeps repeating the last 3 rows over and over
Code:
2021-03-01 21:35:43 RPINTS: valve update: RPU:VALVE:0=0
2021-03-01 21:35:43 RPINTS: valve update: RPU:VALVE:1=0
2021-03-01 21:35:43 RPINTS: valve update: RPU:VALVE:2=0
2021-03-01 21:35:44 RPINTS: valve update: RPU:VALVE:3=0
2021-03-01 21:35:46 RPINTS: starting setup...
2021-03-01 21:35:46 RPINTS: resetting alamode to try to force it to listen to us...
2021-03-01 21:35:47 RPINTS: giving it a short break to wake up again...
2021-03-01 21:35:49 RPINTS: reflashing Arduino via:
/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -patmega328p -calamode -P/dev/ttyS0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:i
RPINTS: reflashing Arduino failed, moving on anyways, error was:  Command '/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -patmega328p -calamode -P/dev/ttyS0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:i' returned non-zero exit status 1
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: 
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: starting WS server
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: starting device monitors...
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: starting command server
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: starting fan control
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: global name 'logger' is not defined
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: Fan Control fanControl1 is Running
2021-03-01 21:35:55 RPINTS: fan update: RPU:FAN:36=1
2021-03-01 21:35:56 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2021-03-01 21:35:56 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...
2021-03-01 21:35:56 RPINTS: global name 'logger' is not defined
2021-03-01 21:35:57 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2021-03-01 21:35:57 RPINTS: serial connection stopped...

2021-03-01 21:35:56 RPINTS: global name 'logger' is not defined
that is part of the issue

Can you change logger to log.logger of line 23 of python/hx711.py
Left is what it should be right is what it was
1614632822948.png

then restart and let me know if the log changes

Back