[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RasberryPints assist with the configuration?
the installer prompts if you want to use temp probes, if you enter yes then it will run the configuration for you.
If you don't remember if you did or you entered No, you can rerun the installer and select reconfigure pi to add in missing features without reinstalling

the installer prompts if you want to use temp probes, if you enter yes then it will run the configuration for you.
If you don't remember if you did or you entered No, you can rerun the installer and select reconfigure pi to add in missing features without reinstalling

Following the directions in that link I still use pin #4 for the sensor data or the installer will assist with the pin assignment?

So I am going through the isntall steps w/flow meters and am at the LAMP stack install (Step 4: Package Installation W/Flow Meters - RaspberryPints)

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get -y install apache2 php5 mysql-client mysql-server php5-mysql phpmyadmin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package mysql-client is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
mariadb-client-10.0

Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.

Package php5-mysql is not available, but is referred to by another package.

Package mysql-server is not available, but is referred to by another package.
However the following packages replace it:
mariadb-server-10.0

E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'mysql-client' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'mysql-server' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5-mysql' has no installation candidate

Is this correct?

Unfortunately, you're trying to follow the original RaspberryPints installation process, which is no longer viable, due to OS and package changes that have occurred since.

Fortunately, member @RandR+ has put together a comprehensive kit with a dead simple installation script resident on the interwebs.
All you have to do is run this command from a terminal session:

Code:
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

and everything will be installed for you. Then you get to learn how to configure it! :D

Cheers!

Unfortunately, you're trying to follow the original RaspberryPints installation process, which is no longer viable, due to OS and package changes that have occurred since.

Fortunately, member @RandR+ has put together a comprehensive kit with a dead simple installation script resident on the interwebs.
All you have to do is run this command from a terminal session:

Code:
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

and everything will be installed for you. Then you get to learn how to configure it! :D

Cheers!

Worked super slick!! No issues :)

Just curious where I can find (I have looked through this long thread) on how you assign flowmeters to Arduino Uno R3 pins.

how you assign flowmeters to Arduino Uno R3 pins.
in the admin page -> Taps page (make sure show pin settings is checked - it will be if you have a tap without the pin or count per gal set)
1605049339440.png

I am curious how the RFID works and users.

If I had an RFID device hooked up and some RFID cards assigned to users, how does the relationship and UI work with users?

Does the pour ask which user is making the pour?

Curious if anyone has noticeable pressure drop due to flow meters (or have accounted for it in line lengths)? I'm using these guys and the hole in the middle is much smaller than the beer line.

Curious if anyone has noticeable pressure drop due to flow meters (or have accounted for it in line lengths)? I'm using these guys and the hole in the middle is much smaller than the beer line.

I saw in a thread last night that someone disassembled them and drilled them out.

FYI, I bought those by accident. I later bought the quick connection version and they don’t have that smaller diameter hole.

I saw in a thread last night that someone disassembled them and drilled them out.

FYI, I bought those by accident. I later bought the quick connection version and they don’t have that smaller diameter hole.
Interesting - I think I would be worried that drilling them out might mess them up somehow. I'm going to replace them with the quick connect ones. I just got these quick for testing. That's good to know about the hole size. Thanks!

Hi guys,

Currently setting up a new bar at home and stumbled across this web site, installed the software to a pi.
Where do I find the pin locations for the load cell? I have my gas bottle currently hucked up to an Arduino load cell to see when it's getting empty.
is there a diagram I missed somewhere?

If I had an RFID device hooked up and some RFID cards assigned to users, how does the relationship and UI work with users?

Does the pour ask which user is making the pour?
by default my version will save the card id into the database for you to assign to a drinker account.

Before a pour you scan the card and that is registered for 30 seconds the first pour made in that 30 seconds will be registered to that user

Pi? or do I need an uno? this is kind of where I'm lost :)
in all honesty I don't have the scale, but I took the code and integrated it into RPints, someone else tested it for me.
But my logic relies on the connection being made to the Pi, its not impossible to have it connect to the Arduino but you would need to modify Rpints

I took my unused barbed sensor apart and the modification would be very easy.

Attachments

• 3F6779E0-AA1D-496E-A355-42C4707A1BFD.jpeg
    3F6779E0-AA1D-496E-A355-42C4707A1BFD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
From my own personal experience, if you're not using a flow meter, the longer length of beer line allows the beer more time "Settle down" before it reaches the glass. This allows you to carbonate the beer to the volume you desire, and not have a large amount of foam as you're pouring into the glass. On the other hand, a flow meter creates a bit of turbulence in the beer line, and that extra settling down time almost becomes mandatory. I myself at one time used beer lines about 4-5 feet long but I always had to keep my carbonating pressure a bit lower than I wanted because each pour would give me 2-3 inches of foam if I didn't. For example, whenever I make a Cream Ale, I like to highly carbonate it. With my 10 foot beer lines with no meter, I could serve beer at 14-16 PSI and still get a perfect pour every time. Beer was carbonated exactly the way I personally wanted it, and each pour finished off with about a half inch of foam. With a 4 foot line, I had to back that pressure down to about 10-11. Otherwise I would get too much foam. Now I'm using about 11 feet of line with a meter. I still had to back the pressure off a bit, but not much. 10-12 does the trick for me.

If your pours are the way you like, then don't fix it if it's not broken. However, if you plan to incorporate meters into your system, you will most likely need to lengthen your lines to at least double, depending on how your system is set up.

All of my lines are 3/16's ID, by the way...

Sorry to dig up this old comment, but I am having the same issue with foaming because or turbulence. I initially used the go-to beer line length calculator and found that 5.5 should be the perfect length. I have about 2 ft of line before the meter so I can reach any keg I need and extended out to 5.5 feet after the meter and still have 2-3 inches of foam. I then went directly from keg to tap with 5.5 and the pours are near perfect. From what I saw you write in a post, you finally went with about 10 ft of line to allow the beer to settle down after the meters? I am using these meters https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RD4JXLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do vary the PSI depending on some beer styles and didn't want to have to swap out lines when I needed a longer/shorter line to support different pressures.

Minor issue on the RandR+ version ... when I attempt to upload a beer using xml, the beer info does actually upload, but it also generates a "Unable to execute query" message at the top of the screen. I'm not sure what the error is referring to, just wanted to mention it.

I had to convert it from .xml to .txt in order to attach it here, I hope that works. This is the third one that gave me the same error, all came as an export from Beersmith 3.

Attachments

• Light Hearted.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
I hope that works. This is the third one that gave me the same error, all came as an export from Beersmith 3.
It works, thanks.

The issue is there is a ' in the beer name. I will have to add logic to escape the name.

Sorry to dig up this old comment, but I am having the same issue with foaming because or turbulence. I initially used the go-to beer line length calculator and found that 5.5 should be the perfect length. I have about 2 ft of line before the meter so I can reach any keg I need and extended out to 5.5 feet after the meter and still have 2-3 inches of foam. I then went directly from keg to tap with 5.5 and the pours are near perfect. From what I saw you write in a post, you finally went with about 10 ft of line to allow the beer to settle down after the meters? I am using these meters GREDIA 1/4" Quick Connect Water Flow Sensor Food-Grade Switch Hall Effect Flowmeter Fluid Meter Counter 0.3-6L/min (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I do vary the PSI depending on some beer styles and didn't want to have to swap out lines when I needed a longer/shorter line to support different pressures.
Interesting, I just happened to drill out one of my flowmeters. In the one without the drilled opening, I can hardly get any foam - it pours so slowly. The one I drilled out pours really fast and foams up a little. I may have to mess with line lengths a little.

This is the third one that gave me the same error, all came as an export from Beersmith 3.
I just committed the fix, if you get latest it the XML should upload.
You can get latest by running the installer or going to the Install Page (under admin) and hit Get Latest RPints
1605649249915.png

Hello Everyone!!!
I just set up my first Raspberry Pints using the install script, but I have a few questions..
I am using an Alamode board mounted on a Pi 2B with the 2 swissflo meters. My issue/question I have is how can I get the pi to talk with the Alamode board? My flow meters aren't workingas can be seen in the screenshot from my rpints log.. I tried also compiling and uploading the raspberrypints.ino file in the arduino program using alamode board and tty/S0 as my options. Any help or walkthrough troubleshooting with me on this would be amazing!

Ok second weird item I have is whenever I open the file manager it pops up and immediately closes it only started doing this after I installed rpints on it... Has anyone else had this happen?

I have read quite a few posts on this thread but just can't figure out those two items..

The picture of my Alamode board wiring scheme is:
Yellow: 5V
Black: GND
Red: Flow Meter 1
Blue Flow Meter 2

Thank you for everyone who is maintaining this it is an awesome feature to add to my homebrewing setup!! once I get everything up and running I will post a picture!
PXL_20201118_190458582.jpg
Capture.PNG

My flow meters aren't workingas can be seen in the screenshot from my rpints log.. I tried also compiling and uploading the raspberrypints.ino file in the arduino program using alamode board and tty/S0 as my options. Any help or walkthrough troubleshooting with me on this would be amazing!
in python/Config.py change

#logging settings for flowmon
config['flowmon.debug' ] = False#True
#logging settings for pintdispatch
config['dispatch.debug' ] = False#True
to

#logging settings for flowmon
config['flowmon.debug' ] = True
#logging settings for pintdispatch
config['dispatch.debug' ] = True

then restart the python
sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon restart

This will log more information to the log

Next to upload to the alamode manually you need to stop the python first otherwise you will get weird errors
sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon stop

Looks like you have Rpints configured for pins 8 and 9, you should now be able to "pour" a beer and see a pour register in the pour list and the log
Pins 8&9 are D8 and D9 correct? If so nothing happened for either... I'm going to check connections, restart the pi and try again.

Latest posts

Back