[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how hard would it be to create the ability to enter ‘manual’ pours?
there now is a allow enter of manual pours, when check there will be a enter pour button displayed
1603894211189.png

1603894329959.png

@RandR+ 2 Quick Questions
  1. When I click 'Update' in the Admin page, do I have to go and rerun the installation script?
  2. I've been messing with some of the .php files and styles.css. Will an update remove all those changes?

1. When I click 'Update' in the Admin page, do I have to go and rerun the installation script?
  2. I've been messing with some of the .php files and styles.css. Will an update remove all those changes?
1. the get latest Rpints button automatically runs the install script and does the update. No need to run the installation script afterwards
1603905265257.png

2. I suggest running the installation script on the Pi, it will stash your changes, pull latest which will overwrite your changes, BUT then it will open compare so you can see the differences and then you manually have to decide what changes you want to put back in. I also suggest making a copy of your Rpints before updating to make absolute sure you don't lose anything

I also suggest making a copy of your Rpints before updating to make absolute sure you don't lose anything
Thanks! Is that just copying the html folder as a backup? Or using the backup tool in the admin page?

Can any CSS wizards help me figure out how to make this header shorter? I've tried everything possible using Inspect Element, but haven't been able to make it work.
1603910067251.png

I've tried everything possible using Inspect Element, but haven't been able to make it work.

check the Drinks/remaining Header, it has a height of 75px, when I disable that the header shrinks to only be as tall as the tallest text (AGV/Calories/Gravity in this picture)
1603910633877.png

check the Drinks/remaining Header, it has a height of 75px, when I disable that the header shrinks to only be as tall as the tallest text (AGV/Calories/Gravity in this picture)
Thank you! I guess I didn't look hard enough :D

One more php/css question: I'm trying to increase the size of the beer images. I can change it using Inspect Element and it works fine, but I can't find it in any of the php or css files. Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    558.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    790.2 KB · Views: 16
@RandR+ No i am sorry sir, the issue havent been fixed. If i pour 300milliliters, calibrates it to 300 milliliters in the tap section it still subtracters around 1 litre from the keg everytime a pour registered. If there is anything i can do to showcase this issue i would gladly help.

If there is anything i can do to showcase this issue i would gladly help.
if you could get a screen shot of your admin taps page with pin settings shown (check show pin settings) that would help would help I need to see the count per L/Gal (you can also change that textbox and hit save to manually update the count instead of using the calibration screen)
1603997612687.png

The other thing that would help is having whats the unit for that taps in your tapConfig table
run this from the terminal (replace RaspberryPints with your database name)
sudo mysql -e "SELECT countUnit from RaspberryPints.tapconfig"

but the picture still comes in as 100px wide.
I tried on my test system and it work
did you verify your file saved?
Im guessing you check element inspector to see its still 100,
did you try cntrl + f5 to force refresh?

I tried on my test system and it work
did you verify your file saved?
Im guessing you check element inspector to see its still 100,
did you try cntrl + f5 to force refresh?
Hmm - weird. It's definitely saved. If I reopen my beerListTable.php file, it shows 150px. In my inspect element (with Ctrl + F5) it still shows 100px.
1604015356082.png

1604015399107.png

If I reopen my beerListTable.php file, it shows 150px. In my inspect element (with Ctrl + F5) it still shows 100px.
I see I gave you the wrong information...my bad
you need to modify includes /functions.php line 120
1604020055497.png

the lines earlier for the brewery image

Yet another question...sorry! If I want to show my last pour in the right hand corner, but not the list at the bottom, is that possible?

My configuration looks like this: but I see the last pour at the top right and the pour list at the bottom. Or did I break something messing with the php files 😅

1604064528974.png

1604064554533.png

Attachments

• 1604064523852.png
    1604064523852.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
but I see the last pour at the top right and the pour list at the bottom
I see my code is setup that if you have Show Last pour On it will show the pour in the upper right and in the list on the bottom.

I changed it so it wont display the list if Show List is off, but show last is on

its a small change in index.php line 276 keep $numberOfPours at 0
1604065634696.png

If I wanted to copy my entire install to a new SD Card and Pi, what would I have to copy to get minimal reconfiguring? Just the entire HTML folder? Is everything stored inside there?

Why not use the Raspian SD Card Copier utility, clone the running card using a cheap SD card "reader", then sneakernet the clone to the new RPi. You just need to change system names and related stuff (unplug the original RPi while you're doing that), but otherwise it's a quick and easy way to expand a RaspberryPi fleet...

Cheers!

Why not use the Raspian SD Card Copier utility, clone the running card using a cheap SD card "reader", then sneakernet the clone to the new RPi. You just need to change system names and related stuff (unplug the original RPi while you're doing that), but otherwise it's a quick and easy way to expand a RaspberryPi fleet...

Cheers!
Thanks! I'll take a look. I should explain the full reason for my question though... Something happened to my install and I cannot get it to start at all. I was going to try a fresh install on a new SD Card and copy my HTML folder over. I did that, but clearly I was missing something. None of my beers showed up and most of my formatting was not correct.

Last edited:
I'll certainly defer to @RandR+'s take but from what I've been seeing the last few months you may be able to solve your problems re-running his installation script...

Cheers!

I'll certainly defer to @RandR+'s take but from what I've been seeing the last few months you may be able to solve your problems re-running his installation script...

Cheers!
I think I'm having a problem with MariaDB or phpmyadmin (or something). I get this error now when I try to Reconfig or Reinstall:
Code:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

EDIT: I got it back up and running on a new SD Card through a series of copying files from HTML and an old SQL Backup.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I've been using RandR+'s version for the last few months which generally works great but I did have two quick items I could use some help on. With regards to updating the software, do you have to download an updated version prior to clicking on the "update" button on the install page in admin mode? Or by clicking that button, does it automatically just pull the updates from an established database? Secondly, I can not for the lift of me get the motion detector to work. I did select yes when asking about motion detectors doing the initial install and I've gone into the motion detector settings on the admin page and put in pin 26 as my PI pin (as that what it's connected to) but my screen remains on all the time. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 175DF4C7-A98F-4FDD-B348-72C203A93731.jpeg
    175DF4C7-A98F-4FDD-B348-72C203A93731.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 0198729A-E2AE-41B9-B92F-BCCDFDB23A02.jpeg
    0198729A-E2AE-41B9-B92F-BCCDFDB23A02.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 26171335-ADA3-4780-B792-591B7B70B071.jpeg
    26171335-ADA3-4780-B792-591B7B70B071.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
I got it back up and running on a new SD Card through a series of copying files from HTML and an old SQL Backup.
Glad you got it working, just wanted to note that copying the HTML folder will only copy your customization, you still need get a backup of the database which you did

"update" button on the install page in admin mode? Or by clicking that button, does it automatically just pull the updates from an established database
update button update the database only, Get Latest RPints button should automatically pull the latest code from GitHub and run the database update, equivalent to running the install script and selecting update.

but my screen remains on all the time. Thoughts?
Either the motion detector is always sensing motion or your screensaver isn't kicking in.
Look at /var/log/rpints.log to see if there is anything about the motion detector in there.
You can check the screensaver setting by opening Screensaver under the preferences of the main Raspbian menu (start menu)

update button update the database only, Get Latest RPints button should automatically pull the latest code from GitHub and run the database update, equivalent to running the install script and selecting update.

I don't actually see a "get latest RPints" button

Either the motion detector is always sensing motion or your screensaver isn't kicking in.
Look at /var/log/rpints.log to see if there is anything about the motion detector in there.
You can check the screensaver setting by opening Screensaver under the preferences of the main Raspbian menu (start menu)

interestingly, there isn't a screensaver option under the preferences bar

there isn't a screensaver option under the preferences bar
ok from the terminal run
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver

I review the install script I tried it on a test machine and it did the same thing but that command is clearly in there

Tried doing that but I get the message “unable to fetch some archives”

also, there is not “get latest update” in my admin settings that I can see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
Tried doing that but I get the message “unable to fetch some archives”

also, there is not “get latest update” in my admin settings that I can see
try
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver --fix-missing

Get Latest RPints is under the Install Page. If its not there then you probably havent updated since i added it.
You can run
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash
and select the update options
1604580993722.png

1604581008862.png

try
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver --fix-missing

Get Latest RPints is under the Install Page. If its not there then you probably havent updated since i added it.
You can run
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash
and select the update options
View attachment 705454
View attachment 705455

worked perfectly! as always, thank you for helping us non-programmers navigate this whole thing

Back