[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wouldn’t happen to have a link or a GitHub would you? I’m just curious if anything else changes besides what I did so I don’t run into more issues.. I think I have it working with my changes but I’m sure you guys found more errors I have t encountered yet. I. Making progress I used a particle photon to send pour messages to pints via Mqtt so now I’m just working on getting some flow sensor code in there and I should be in business. I’ll post here my work when I’m done of course. :)

Sorry, no. I believe I posted what was changed in this forum with recommendation to copy the new pours.php replacing the old one.
No additional problems with the version I modified. Latest is RaspberryPints-2.1.0.002

Woof. That rtlindne repository is yet another apparent contender and the first I've seen it mentioned.
It seems evident the owner has made all kinds of changes to the original RaspberryPints but the documentation of same is non-existent. No way to understand where this fork is at...

Cheers!

Right now the users are only registered if RFID is used and I'm not sure that is 100% working as I am still testing it.

If you have an idea on how you want to register pours in the web ui who based on who is logged in I can try to make a change
My thought was to try to figure out how to use Bluetooth le to register a phone to a user so if the phone is in proximity it would read, or even a scanner that you could swipe your phone , but just some ideas I am trying to work through.

Bluetooth le to register a phone to a user so if the phone is in proximity it would read, or even a scanner that you could swipe your phone
Bluetooth might be strong enough to catch someone in another room.

The right RFID reader can read the NFC of a phone and then use that to assign a pour to the user of the RFID code. I haven't got to testing that with my phone though so I don't know how well it works.

I guess I misspoke a little, I am still testing RFID with valves, meaning that you must use an RFID to pour a beer otherwise no pouring is allowed.
RFID by itself works, that if you hook up an RFID reader (like the one below) you can scan the RFID then pour and it should register the pour to that user. But that means if the RFID did not read, was not assigned to a user, or was never scanned then a pour can still happen and it wouldn't be registered to a user

https://www.amazon.com/IZOKEE-RFID-...ocphy=9018801&hvtargid=pla-564122493348&psc=1

There are a few problems I have encountered:

Getting the taplist to display the beer rating
It was set to only use untapped, I updated to use the local rating now
You can rerun my installation script, it should detect an existing Install and prompt if you want to update

Having the dotted line separating the bitterness column from the beer name/tasting notes column when displaying beer or Brewery images
Fixed

Brewery images are tiny when display is in rotated orientation
Fixed - maybe, It looks better on my screen.

When I do a test pour (My flow meters are in the mail) it goes from 0 gallons poured 5 gallons left to 0 gallons poured 0 gallons left
hmmm couldnt reproduce could you send screen shot of this.

Is there any way to handle screen orientation within the interface later on rather than having to edit config.txt?
You can rerun my installation script, it should detect an existing Install and prompt if you want to update RPints, if you say no it will prompt you if you want to reconfigure the pi, if you hit Y it will prompt for the monitor

Not sure if I missed something during install, but I had to manually add and edit /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart in order to get it to boot into chromium in kiosk mode otherwise it was just booting to regular desktop
The installer asks if you want to start chromium in kiosk mode, did you hit N to that? What version of Rasbpian did you run

It seems that when importing beer info from a beer xml generated from Beersmith that it won't import beers with names past a certain length and same thing with malt or other ingredients that have longer names.
Can you direct message me the XML you are having problems with? I tried with a long name it worked for me

Is there any way to adjust the font size for the beer names, style, and tasting notes? They are a bit hard to read at the current font size on the 32" screen I am using.
Not through RPints config. You would need to edit Style.css, look for font, it should be under each section you want to modify.
I might get the font size editing as part of my plan to allow customization of the tap list

Bluetooth might be strong enough to catch someone in another room.

The right RFID reader can read the NFC of a phone and then use that to assign a pour to the user of the RFID code. I haven't got to testing that with my phone though so I don't know how well it works.

I guess I misspoke a little, I am still testing RFID with valves, meaning that you must use an RFID to pour a beer otherwise no pouring is allowed.
RFID by itself works, that if you hook up an RFID reader (like the one below) you can scan the RFID then pour and it should register the pour to that user. But that means if the RFID did not read, was not assigned to a user, or was never scanned then a pour can still happen and it wouldn't be registered to a user

https://www.amazon.com/IZOKEE-RFID-...ocphy=9018801&hvtargid=pla-564122493348&psc=1

I have RFID reader ordered. This is going to be the next big feature for me as far as valve. I had to do some work inside my keezer a few weeks ago and as I was shutting the lid to walk away my shirt caught the tap and opened it a bit, I never noticed. about 20 minutes later I hear the sound of liquid going everywhere, went in and had dumped a new Corny that I had just tapped all over my bar. I told my girlfriend that tji is the next big idea to stop that from happening again. IT may be a pain to scan RFID prior to pouring but it will prevent that disaster from happening again. I have started documenting and taking pictures of my install in order to replicate in the future. I will be glad to share that with you or anyone else as needed when it get it all put together. I am not a documentation person but would be glad to share what worked for me with others.

I have RFID reader ordered. This is going to be the next big feature for me as far as valve. I had to do some work inside my keezer a few weeks ago and as I was shutting the lid to walk away my shirt caught the tap and opened it a bit, I never noticed. about 20 minutes later I hear the sound of liquid going everywhere, went in and had dumped a new Corny that I had just tapped all over my bar. I told my girlfriend that tji is the next big idea to stop that from happening again. IT may be a pain to scan RFID prior to pouring but it will prevent that disaster from happening again. I have started documenting and taking pictures of my install in order to replicate in the future. I will be glad to share that with you or anyone else as needed when it get it all put together. I am not a documentation person but would be glad to share what worked for me with others.

Also as an easier solution why not switch to an intertap for your taps and install these to make them automatically return to the closed position?

https://kegfactory.com/products/int...ukfwaPtP4MwE_eBm6anZ2AVJYr7g8GcMaAilAEALw_wcB

Getting the taplist to display the beer rating
It was set to only use untapped, I updated to use the local rating now
You can rerun my installation script, it should detect an existing Install and prompt if you want to update

So I reran the install command and it indeed prompted as to whether I wanted to update or not, but it didn't update the style.css which is why I think I still have the issue with the dotted line not showing up and the brewery images being tiny? here's the text from the CLI:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
style.css
Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.
Aborting
Updating 0310a88..2e98755
/home/pi

As for the issues I was having with some of the fermentables not importing as well as a whole profile not uploading due to the name. I was able to track down the problem somewhat, but not sure what the fix would be. Turns out it wasn't the length of the name that was the issue and both of the issues were linked. Apparently rpints is having an issue importing anything with an apostrophe " ' ". I'm not sure what other characters it may have a hard time with, but it definitely is hating those. Another issue for one of my fermentables was that rpints didn't like how high of an SRM my Carafa Special II had. When I changed the "COLOR" attribute to a value of 2 it imported just fine.

Also just a heads up that after the update all of the fermentables, yeast, and, hops info that was saved in my various beers were deleted. Not a big deal for me right now since I only had 3 and I am currently still just testing, but I can see that being a big deal for someone if they spent a lot of time manually filling that data out or just have a lot of beers. I'm not sure what this info is even currently being used for, but I think it's kinda neat as a way to answer questions about what all went into that particular homebrew and you can just pull it up real quick. I think it'd be even COOLER if curious drinkers could click like a "more info" button somewhere on the actual taplist rather than the backend and it would display the recipe info. Just a thought.

The update also seems to have gotten rid of beer images. I had one beer which I had filled out the Untappd beer ID for and it used to display the beer image for it, but not any more.

Manually-entered beer ratings still don't display, but that, too, may be related to the fact that my style.css file wasn't updated.

For some reason the update seems to have fixed my issues with the test pours making the keg show as 0 poured 0 left and works as I would expect now. I'll let you know if I can replicate the issue I was having.

I definitely remember it prompting about whether I wanted it to start in kiosk mode or not and hitting y for yes, but perhaps I somehow fatfingered it? I'm using Buster if I'm not mistaken.

Also some stuff I forgot. Both the "Reboot System" and "Shutdown System" buttons in the rpints control menu only seem to log me out rather than shutting down or restarting the raspberry pi.

This might be a noob question, but when I do need to go root around for files in the file directory or whatever else where I'd prefer to use the Raspberry Pi GUI desktop what is the best way to exit from kiosk mode so I can do that?

OK well I, for one, think integrating those controls into the Rpints GUI would be AWESOME! It fits with everything I think you are already doing as well as others to make the process of installing and using the rpints setup as minimally reliant on people manually editing files or running command line codes as these kinds of things really start to add up and make people feel like it's unapproachable for them. So I think for core use-ability it would be really beneficial to have things like connecting to a new wifi network (for if you are going to bring your setup somewhere new or change your wifi password), changing screen rotation or resolution (If you get a new TV or just decide you want to try out the vertical orientation. For me once I add more taps to my keezer I'll eventually need to flip the screen to have all taps be displayed at once), exit kiosk mode (if you can implement this then it may not be necessary to have something special for being able to connect to a new wifi network since you can just do it using the desktop GUI), a button for updating (So you don't need to refind and rerun the long command via the command line), being able to resize various aspects such as fonts and such (So there isn't a need to manually edit style.css).

I think these kinds of things would be extremely useful to 95% of users while RFID and automatically controlled valves will only be appreciated by the 10% or fewer that will likely run using that configuration. Just my .02 cents. Obviously either way I think everything you have done and are doing for the platform is just amazing.

reran the install command
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
Im wondering if this stopped all of the other changes from being got, otherwise you manual get from
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rtlindne/RaspberryPints/master/style.css
and update your local style.css with that tex
t

Apparently rpints is having an issue importing anything with an apostrophe " ' ". I'm not sure what other characters it may have a hard time with, but it definitely is hating those. Another issue for one of my fermentables was that rpints didn't like how high of an SRM my Carafa Special II had. When I changed the "COLOR" attribute to a value of 2 it imported just fine.
Yes the original didnt like some characters and i havent got arround to fixing all locations up. I will check on the SRM

Also just a heads up that after the update all of the fermentables, yeast, and, hops info that was saved in my various beers were deleted. Not a big deal for me right now since I only had 3 and I am currently still just testing, but I can see that being a big deal for someone if they spent a lot of time manually filling that data out or just have a lot of beers. I'm not sure what this info is even currently being used for, but I think it's kinda neat as a way to answer questions about what all went into that particular homebrew and you can just pull it up real quick. I think it'd be even COOLER if curious drinkers could click like a "more info" button somewhere on the actual taplist rather than the backend and it would display the recipe info. Just a thought.
Fixed

The update also seems to have gotten rid of beer images. I had one beer which I had filled out the Untappd beer ID for and it used to display the beer image for it, but not any more.
Check /includes/cache/img/ for files with names = to untappd id if there then can you send me one. I will retest

Manually-entered beer ratings still don't display, but that, too, may be related to the fact that my style.css file wasn't updated.
Will retest

I definitely remember it prompting about whether I wanted it to start in kiosk mode or not and hitting y for yes, but perhaps I somehow fatfingered it? I'm using Buster if I'm not mistaken.
It may be a buster change from Stretch, i havent got to buster yet to test

Also some stuff I forgot. Both the "Reboot System" and "Shutdown System" buttons in the rpints control menu only seem to log me out rather than shutting down or restarting the raspberry pi.
I will test

This might be a noob question, but when I do need to go root around for files in the file directory or whatever else where I'd prefer to use the Raspberry Pi GUI desktop what is the best way to exit from kiosk mode so I can do that?
i use atl+F4, but if you don't have a keyboard that's hard to do. I use teamviewer to get into my pi so I can access it from a computer with a keyboard and mouse

I will look into those ideas and see what i can do.

I just created a github account. Wouldn't let me use Tobor_8thMan so the github account is Tobor-8thMan

I uploaded version 2.1.0.002 zip file into the RaspberryPints repository.

Hopefully, everything is working at github as intented. Let me know if any github problems are encountered when attempting to get the code.

github.com/Tobor-8thMan/RaspberryPints

Last edited:
I will look into those ideas and see what i can do.

I first tried manually pasting in the contents of the style.css file, but it still didn't like that so I just deleted it and then updated and everything updated fine from there. That was definitely getting in the way of other stuff updating too because several things now looked fixed that didn't before such as:

Brewery pics look decently sized now
Beer images display fine now *EDIT* --But newly entered untappd beer ID's still result in the same default address. If I go in and manually change the url it seems to work fine so it's just the file it generates is generating it with the default image regardless it seems--
Beer ratings are now displaying

The update did seem to delete my fermentables and other info like that in my beer profiles so not sure if the fix only works for updates after the fix was implemented. I'll let you know if any future updates seem to have a similar effect.

OK let me know when/if you get around to fixing the issues with importing beer.xml files with attributes containing apostrophes and I'll be sure to test it out

I am actually using alt+F4 at the moment via VNC Viewer and when I do it just seems to make the whole screen black rather than take me back to the desktop. Luckily I've been able to get by by right clicking and opening programs and such like that.

Thanks again for all of your help! Let me know if there is anything I can do to contribute.

Last edited:
I hacked around and got my setup working and calibrated using a particle photon at the Fridge. This photon counts the tics from the sensors and sends it off via mqtt to a raspberry pi that is acting as a server for other things connected via Ethernet by my router. This has made it so I have simplified the hardware setup at the Fridge location. Ie one less pi and uno plus the photon is tiny so way easier to incorporate back in the hump where the compressor is. I’ve increased the reliability at least for me because before the pi was unreliable via WiFi in that location and sometimes I couldn’t even access the server cause the connection was so poor. Now it’s lightning quick and if the WiFi is kinda shotty In that spot at least it doesn’t have to serve up a web page it just needs enough signal to blast a simple mqtt message out. It works for me cause I never had a display connected to the pi. For my display I have a amazon fire tablet mounted in that location running fully kiosk browser. When I walk up the camera detects motion wakes up the screen. When a pour happens I hacked it so flow_monitor.py sends a web request to the tablet forcing the screen to refresh and an audio clip plays Homer Simpson sayin mmmmm beer. Needless to say I’m pretty happy with this setup and if anyone would like me to post the photon code I can. I’m not the best programmer though so I’m sure there’s better ways to do it and it’s kinda tailored to my three tap setup but could easily be adapted for more or less.

default image regardless it seems
That happens when it fails to get from untapped, there is only so many requests it can make in an hour before untapped rejects them.
Maybe I should just not create anything when that happens and let it request again until it works

fix only works for updates after the fix
Yes only future updates, it will not bring back what you had

whole screen black rather
Sounds like VNC is not applying the Alt+F4 to the right program or because its in kiosk mode it determines nothing should be displayed after the program closes, but it sounds like you have a work around

I hacked around and got my setup working and calibrated using a particle photon at the Fridge. This photon counts the tics from the sensors and sends it off via mqtt to a raspberry pi that is acting as a server for other things connected via Ethernet by my router. This has made it so I have simplified the hardware setup at the Fridge location. Ie one less pi and uno plus the photon is tiny so way easier to incorporate back in the hump where the compressor is. I’ve increased the reliability at least for me because before the pi was unreliable via WiFi in that location and sometimes I couldn’t even access the server cause the connection was so poor. Now it’s lightning quick and if the WiFi is kinda shotty In that spot at least it doesn’t have to serve up a web page it just needs enough signal to blast a simple mqtt message out. It works for me cause I never had a display connected to the pi. For my display I have a amazon fire tablet mounted in that location running fully kiosk browser. When I walk up the camera detects motion wakes up the screen. When a pour happens I hacked it so flow_monitor.py sends a web request to the tablet forcing the screen to refresh and an audio clip plays Homer Simpson sayin mmmmm beer. Needless to say I’m pretty happy with this setup and if anyone would like me to post the photon code I can. I’m not the best programmer though so I’m sure there’s better ways to do it and it’s kinda tailored to my three tap setup but could easily be adapted for more or less.

Can you share what you modified on theflo_monitor.py to play sounds. That would be awesome to add, I am still learning and wouldnt know what to modify.

I have a temperature probe that is set up and recording readings to the W1 slave file. How do I set up raspberrypints to use this. When I go to configure temperature probes it says NO ACIVE TEMPERATURE PROBES FOUND. There’s no documentation. For temperature probes.

NO ACIVE TEMPERATURE PROBES FOUND
Did you enable temperature probes by clicking on the settings button then click on the use temperature probe check box.

if that is enabled then check /var/log/rpints.log to see if there are any errors for temp probes

Can you share what you modified on theflo_monitor.py to play sounds. That would be awesome to add, I am still learning and wouldnt know what to modify.
Well I don’t have the raspberry pi playing sounds, which sounds like what you are asking, I imagine that would be doable as well if you added a speaker. I just have my flow_monitor.py send off a web hook when it sends off pour data. That webhook goes to the amazon fire tablet that acts as my display and causes it to refresh and play an audio clip. I posted that hack in here probably about a year ago or so. I can find dig it up if you are still interested. It sounds like you wanted the pi to play sounds though.

Im frustrated today, Thins were working great i had water flowing though flowmeters. I tuned the pi off, moved it to my keezer and installed on my liquid lines. Now I get no pours showing, logs look good but no pours registering. Any suggestions? I have full logging enabled.

FYI nothing changed except reboooting and hooking up liquid lines.

Hello everyone, I've been lurking on this forum for a while and have successfully installed R+R's version of RaspberryPints and am using an Uno for flow monitoring and everything works great. Thanks for all of your efforts to make a slick solution.

I'm now trying to finish the personalization/modification of my install and have three related questions:

1. I am unable to figure out how to post beer images for each of my taps. By beer images, I mean, an image that is related to each specific beer shown on the homepage of my RaspberryPints server. I figured out how to modify tap images as well as work with the brewery images, but I don't see where I need to place the actual images for the beer. I've got "show beer images enabled" on the admin page and there appears to be a column visible when I access the RaspberryPints home page...Does anyone have any advice?

2. Is it possible to modify the R+R fork to display the "new" SRM images as excellently documented by kaljade? I'm not a programmer by trade and the index.php that I can find in my root directory.../var/www/html does not match any of the examples I've found on the forum.

3. Same question on modifying the keg images. I'd like to display corny kegs vs. the default. Any advice/direction?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I've been working on getting a flow-measuring keg list implemented for the last 3-4 months. I've been messing with the original RaspberryPints with an alamode, Kegbot with a Mega, and finally R+R's version with an Uno was the solution that scratched my itch.

three related questions:
1. Beer images are based off untapped number, eventually I make an upload button to allow you to use your own images.

2. I just committed a change that Show SRM Image config option will now show the images if On or the calculated color if off.

3. I cant remember finding the change for that corny kegs, I wanted to incorporate it but couldn't find who originally did it.

Permissions were off but I fixed and rebooted but still no rpints.log
Did you setup the flow monitor service? the temp probes are run from that service so without it you wouldn't get temp probes nor rpints.log

Did you setup the flow monitor service? the temp probes are run from that service so without it you wouldn't get temp probes nor rpints.log

I have not. I don’t have any flow meters yet but will try to set up empty. Thanks!

That's still a work in progress, eventually there will be a login button that you will log into untapped and that will fill in your token

Awesome. I created a page for our "Home Brewery" and requested the access tokens for the API. But I doubt I will get it.

@RandR+ My flow meters finally came in and I hooked them up. I'm using an arduino Uno via USB and I can't seem to get it to work reliably. It's only worked a few times and doesn't seem consistent. I'll post the latest contents of rpints.log below. The last section just repeats over and over again.

Also some of the issues I was having before regarding not being able to cleanly exit chromium to the desktop using alt-F4 and it not opening in chromium, but rather just the desktop. You had guessed that might be due to using Buster, but I redid the install using a Raspbian Stretch image and I am still having the same difficulties. Is there a specific image or soemthing that you are using that is giving you different results? I think I'm gonna give the Tobor version a try and see if I maybe have more luck with that just to get things running. Otherwise I do love the improvements you are trying/have implemented, but I definitely want the flow meters to work.

2019-09-20 11:49:26 RPINTS: No such device - Sleeping to try again
2019-09-20 11:49:31 RPINTS: valve update: RPU:VALVE:0=0
2019-09-20 11:49:31 RPINTS: Could not import RFID Reader, RFID disabled. Assuming SPI not installed/configured
2019-09-20 11:49:33 RPINTS: starting setup...
2019-09-20 11:49:33 RPINTS: resetting alamode to try to force it to listen to us...
2019-09-20 11:49:34 RPINTS: giving it a short break to wake up again...
2019-09-20 11:49:36 RPINTS: reflashing alamode via:
/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -patmega328p -calamode -P/dev/ttyACM0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:i
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS:
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f
avrdude: reading input file "/var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (11352 bytes):
Writing | ################################################## | 100% 2.19s
avrdude: 11352 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against /var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file /var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:
avrdude: input file /var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex contains 11352 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 1.59s
avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 11352 bytes of flash verified
avrdude done. Thank you.
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: starting WS server
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: starting tap flow meters...
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: resetting alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: starting command server
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: starting fan control
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: Fan Control fanControl1 is Running
2019-09-20 11:49:41 RPINTS: Not Configured to run Fan
2019-09-20 11:49:42 RPINTS: waiting for alamode to come alive
2019-09-20 11:49:42 RPINTS: alamode alive...
2019-09-20 11:49:42 RPINTS: getting config data for alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:42 RPINTS: alamode config, about to send: C:1:8:0:300:200:30:250:0:0|
2019-09-20 11:49:42 RPINTS: Waiting for Config Response
2019-09-20 11:49:44 RPINTS: alamode says:
2019-09-20 11:49:44 RPINTS: listening to alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:44 RPINTS: alive
2019-09-20 11:49:44 RPINTS: alamode was restarted, restart flowmonitor
2019-09-20 11:49:44 RPINTS: closing serial connection to alamode...
2019-09-20 11:49:45 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2019-09-20 11:49:45 RPINTS: resetting alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:46 RPINTS: waiting for alamode to come alive
2019-09-20 11:49:46 RPINTS: alamode alive...
2019-09-20 11:49:46 RPINTS: getting config data for alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:46 RPINTS: alamode config, about to send: C:1:8:0:300:200:30:250:0:0|
2019-09-20 11:49:46 RPINTS: Waiting for Config Response
2019-09-20 11:49:48 RPINTS: alamode says:
2019-09-20 11:49:48 RPINTS: listening to alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:48 RPINTS: alive
2019-09-20 11:49:48 RPINTS: alamode was restarted, restart flowmonitor
2019-09-20 11:49:48 RPINTS: closing serial connection to alamode...
2019-09-20 11:49:49 RPINTS: flowmonitor aborted, restarting...
2019-09-20 11:49:49 RPINTS: resetting alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:50 RPINTS: waiting for alamode to come alive
2019-09-20 11:49:50 RPINTS: alamode alive...
2019-09-20 11:49:50 RPINTS: getting config data for alamode
2019-09-20 11:49:50 RPINTS: alamode config, about to send: C:1:8:0:300:200:30:250:0:0|

Is there a specific image or soemthing that you are using that is giving you different results?
I run the latest Stretch on a VM and an older stretch on my pi and don't have an issue, but I run my pi headless and use a wireless tablet to display the tap screen and remote to the pi for changes.

As for the USB UNO, I use the Alamode board and dont have an issue connecting, but I know others have had similar issues. I think part of it is the Uno is faster than the alamode creating a constant stream of messages coming into the pi that makes the code think the Arduino restarted when it didn't.

Others have had luck replacing delay(100) with delay(5000) in the ino file, (its a change I plan on committing when I get a chance)
removing ardunio/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex
stop the python (sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon stop)
then manually upload the change to the Arduino. From the ide hit the upload button
(NOTE: if you don't remove raspberrypints.cpp.hex then the python will upload that overwriting your changes when it start)
start the python (sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon start)

Then check the logs to see if it stops repeating.

A kick-fest is in the offing this weekend.

Been driving the current rack of kegs to their ends as my keezer has developed some rust spots on the floor and needs some attention units (dry out, sand the rust off, hit the spots with a reformer/primer, then a few coats of appliance epoxy paint). Gotta empty the works (except for the stout - that's a must-have-on-tap and will ride in one of my fridges with a picnic tap).

I shall see how the flow meter accuracy is these days - now a full five years in use.

taplist_20sep2019.jpg

I have another full rack of kegs waiting their turn so I just have to get through a few days :)

Cheers!

RandR+ I have your branch installed and just tried the arduino wired to a test Swiss Flow meter and I could not see any registered pour volumes. What is the best way to troubleshoot this? Are the Swiss Flow wires really red=ground, center is data, and the last wire is power?

Back