[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens/what error when you add keg from scratch?

Please describe problems about deleting beers and I will analyze the code.

Sorry, I was mixing up the issues I've had with different installs.... I could add a keg, and I could add a beer, but when I try to add that beer to the tap list, the keg choice drop down menu has no kegs to choose from. I have to edit kegs from the "example" data and change the beer assigned to it on the tap list to one of my beers, and then it works...

On deleting beers, after I added my beers, I tried to delete the examples to unclutter the beer list. I click delete, the browser pops up an "are you sure" box, I click yes, and a green line of text appears above the beer list saying "your beer has been deleted". Except the beer is still in the list. This is the case for beers that are and are not on an active tap.

Sorry, I was mixing up the issues I've had with different installs.... I could add a keg, and I could add a beer, but when I try to add that beer to the tap list, the keg choice drop down menu has no kegs to choose from. I have to edit kegs from the "example" data and change the beer assigned to it on the tap list to one of my beers, and then it works...

I believe this is by design in the original Raspberry Pints. Drives my nuts too. I had to put the steps in my phone notes so I remember. Also, must make the tap (I'm typing from memory) available or it will not show up.

Here are my notes for setting up a new beer for the list.

1. Enter the new beer.

2. Create a keg (or use an existing unused keg). Do not select "Serving"! Serving causes the keg to NOT appear in the tap list. Set status to "Secondary".

3. Create a Tap using the beer and keg.

Hope this helps.

I am open to suggestions on improving things. Raspberry Pints is written in php, which is not much different than C#, which is not much different than JavaScript which is not much different than...

On deleting beers, after I added my beers, I tried to delete the examples to unclutter the beer list. I click delete, the browser pops up an "are you sure" box, I click yes, and a green line of text appears above the beer list saying "your beer has been deleted". Except the beer is still in the list. This is the case for beers that are and are not on an active tap.

Thanks for the input. I will research this item.

This happens using my modified Raspberry Pints? I've deleted beers from the tap list numerous times without encountering the described problem.

This happens using my modified Raspberry Pints? I've deleted beers from the tap list numerous times without encountering the described problem.

I'm not sure which version this uses... I am using the install command line from post #4778, which (I believe) links to RandR+'s Github, but gives me the choice to install your build.

[EDIT: This issue actually happened using the command line from LBussy at post #4652]

I did not try to delete beers I had added, but this was the result for deleting the "example" beers that were already there...

Last edited:
I'm not sure which version this uses... I am using the install command line from post #4778, which (I believe) links to RandR+'s Github, but gives me the choice to install your build.

I did not try to delete beers I had added, but this was the result for deleting the "example" beers that were already there...

Our code, between me and RandR, are significantly different. Please let me know if you have having the problem deleting with my code.

Blank screen except for the "your logo here" and "beers on tap". I tried changing everthing I could think of in the config page but nothing changed it
main page taplist is blank

My bad
if I committed all the files with my last change it would have worked.

Please try again.

if you rerun my script and you still have my broken version it will prompt if you want to update, hit Y and it will get the latest and fix the problem.
If you hit no to updating rpints, it will prompt to update the pi, hit no again and it will prompt to reinstall rpints from scratch (which is what you should do if you installed a different rpints trying to get it to work)

Our code, between me and RandR, are significantly different. Please let me know if you have having the problem deleting with my code.

I don't know how to do anything with the ZIP files you've attached, so I've been using the commands others have posted to install everything:

curl -L rpints-tobor.brewpiremix.com | sudo bash (post #4652)
curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rtlindne/RaspberryPints/master/util/installRaspberryPints | sudo bash (post #4778)​

I've installed your build using both of these commands (the second command gives me the choice between yours, RandR+'s, and the original RPints), but I can't speak to whether they are the most recent, etc.

The beer-deleting-issue was after an install using the first command, which includes the following:

It appears it is not the latest ZIP (raspberrypints-2-1-0-000-zip.640124) you've posted. Don't know if this is a recent fix or not.

How to determine if one is running my code or RandRs code? Simply view the code. For example, the index.php
/*********************************************************************************
* Description: Display the tap list.
* ----- Modification Log -----
* Who: kaljade and Tobor_8thMan collaboration. Both are members of HBT.
* When: January 2019
* Why: Update the logic to successfully run in Debian 9.x, php 7.x and MariaDB 10.x.
**********************************************************************************/

If don't have this comment, then probably running RandR's code.

Using the @RandR+ install, everything seemed to go okay on a clean Buster install. Trying to get the flowmeters to work and I get this error in the log:

RPINTS: reflashing alamode failed, moving on anyways, error was: Command '/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -patmega328p -calamode -P/dev/ttyACM0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/www/html//arduino/raspberrypints/raspberrypints.cpp.hex:i' returned non-zero exit status 1

I'm using an Uno connected to the Pi via the usb cable. Any ideas?

Using the @RandR+ install, everything seemed to go okay on a clean Buster install. Trying to get the flowmeters to work and I get this error in the log:[...]
I'm using an Uno connected to the Pi via the usb cable. Any ideas?

If you're using an Uno via USB you shouldn't be running anything that purports to set up an Alamode.
You just need to load the original ino files (which are the same whether Uno or Alamode) then configure R'Pints to look to the Uno device instead of the Alamode.

Edit /var/www/html/python/flow_monitor.py and enable (ie: uncomment) "port = '/dev/ttyACM0'" and disable (ie: comment out) "port = '/dev/ttyS0'". And if using an Uno clone with a CH34X USB/serial bridge chip use "port='/dev/ttyUSB0'" instead.

Cheers!

I've deleted beers from the tap list numerous times without encountering the described problem.

I did a fresh install, and the beers deleted normally, but I inadvertently did not do the exact sequence as before. When I had the delete issue before, I wasn't "kicking" the kegs on the tap list before deleting the beer -- I simply reduced the tap list from 10 to 4, and then tried to delete the beers that no longer appeared on the tap list. This time, I "kicked" the keg, and the beer deleted just fine.

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know what John Guest fittings are included with the SwissFlow SF800 flow meters? I assume the push-in side is 3/8" ID, is that correct? I am trying to purchase a John Guest adapter that will mate with the fittings provided with the sensors and my existing Bev-Ultra Barrier tubing with 5/16" OD.
I am thinking it is this fitting but again I cannot find any information on what John Guest fittings are included with the SwissFlow SF800.
https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/john-guest-reducer-stem-polypro-3-8-od-stem-x-5-16

Also, how long has it taken people to receive their SF800's from SwissFlow? I just ordered 6x of the SF800 to start down the path of RaspberryPints.

In my opinion John guest fittings are junk. I also try to minimize the amount of plastic parts I use in my brewery. I just hooked up my Swissies and used these parts instead:

US $6.90 | 2Pcs 6mm Hose Barb Tail To 3/8" Inch BSP Female Thread Connector Joint Pipe Fitting SS 304 Stainless Steel Coupler Adapter

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c8H5NUN2

6PCS Rubber/silicone washer G3/8" Connector Water pipe Seal Ring Gasket 3 Point

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332860374076

The silicone washer fits perfectly into the 6mm stainless barb fitting. No thread tape needed. My liquid lines are all 3/16 ID. I have no issues with foam
IMG_0921.JPG

I did a fresh install, and the beers deleted normally, but I inadvertently did not do the exact sequence as before. When I had the delete issue before, I wasn't "kicking" the kegs on the tap list before deleting the beer -- I simply reduced the tap list from 10 to 4, and then tried to delete the beers that no longer appeared on the tap list. This time, I "kicked" the keg, and the beer deleted just fine.

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, the original designers of Raspberry Pints expect things to work in a certain order. For my next update I will put better error trapping and feedback into the logic.

One thing I remember from the original was that kegs need to be in the correct status (i.e. must not be any of the following SERVING, NEEDS_CLEANING, NEEDS_PARTS, NEEDS_REPAIRS

I didn't like that so made a change on my version so that any active keg is available to select and when tapped it automatically transitions to the SERVING status

ok - yup - totally pilot error. that was it, i had no kegs in the right status - got that cleaned up and i think it's now working 100%. Thanks for the insights, very much appreciate your support, as well as this entire thread / forum. Great!!

Excuse my ignorance if this is obvious, but I'm basically overwriting the contents of var/www/html/ with the contents of the newest ZIP?

If Raspberry Pints is already installed and only need the ability to delete a listing then unzip the newest zip file somewhere. Copy includes/pours.php from the unzipped files into includes/pours.php (replacing the existing pours.php) in the already installed Raspberry Pints.

I get the following error when trying to restart flowmeters

restarting flowmon service: , return var: int(1) , output: array(9) { [0]=> string(0) "" [1]=> string(66) "We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System" [2]=> string(59) "Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:" [3]=> string(0) "" [4]=> string(38) " #1) Respect the privacy of others." [5]=> string(30) " #2) Think before you type." [6]=> string(52) " #3) With great power comes great responsibility." [7]=> string(0) "" [8]=> string(53) "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified" }

This makes some sense.... I'll try it out tonight. Thanks!

As a followup, the current keg logic to get all available kegs selects kegs from the database where the active flag is True and the keg status is not Serving, not Needs Cleaning, not Needs Parts nor Needs Repairs (meaning if the keg is not active, it will not appear. If the keg is active, but the keg status is one mentioned in the prior sentence, then the keg will not appear.).

You think a well-engineered fitting is junk, and then you purchase something different direct from China? I'm sensing a disturbance in the force.

Haha. I know they are well engineered. But I just hate plastic parts touchin my beer. Call me spoiled but stainless or bust. Stainless is stainless whether it’s Chinese’s or not (psssst: ITS ALL CHINESE THESE DAYS!)

Hey @RandR+, I have run your install script a couple of times this weekend (don't ask me why), and it seems to work flawlessly. Two questions for you:

1. When I ran the script a few months ago, I seem to remember that the script prompted you for an install directory in case you didn't want to use the default /var/www/html directory. Am I remembering that incorrectly? It no longer prompts you, so you're stuck with the default. I can easily use the mv command to move the files to a sub directory after install but I can't remember all of the config files I would need to modify to point to the new directory.

2. With an Uno connected to the Pi via USB, for the automatic uploading of the sketch, do I use the USB or the Serial option in the install script? It worked for me on one of the installs I did, but I can't remember which option I selected.

Thanks!

I hate to break it to you, but that flow meter is plastic, as are the ball lock connectors ... :)

Agreed. But there was no way around those. Aside from all stainless ball locks. Just trying to do everything I can to minimize plastic and thread tape. Are John guest considered food safe?

Are John guest considered food safe?
They are hot and cold potable water safe. With outr beverages it's possible that the lower pH would leech "something". The same is true of the metal fittings you are using now.

John Guest has a line of beverage fittings which are brass, which would likely be safer than either solution. Although I would hate to guess how many gallons the collective here have dispensed and consumed. Nobody has died yet that I know of. :)

Hi all,
Just trying to get Rpints up and running but came across the error below.
Anyone got any recommendations before i start again on raspbian jessie.

Cheers

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /var/www/install/includes/configprocessor.php:52 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 52

Hi all,

Cheers

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /var/www/install/includes/configprocessor.php:52 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 52

Hi all,

Cheers

I was hoping to make some changes that would permit the use of images instead of tap number circles, as discussed at Post #2980. Unfortunately, the base code has changed enough that I am not able to implement these ideas into the new index.php structure (I have very limited programming ability).

Would anyone who is programming-capable be able to help me out with some code to insert? I'm running Tobor_8thMan's latest version ([URL='https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/attachments/raspberrypints-2-1-0-002-zip.640232/']RaspberryPints-2.1.0.002.zip at Post #4812[/URL]).

TIA!

Back