[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain,

I have been working on the solenoid valves over the last couple of weeks and finally got those working. Using the admin console I went in and set up tap 1 for gpio port 21. When I click on save it will flash and revert back to a blank field. This is Just like when I was having problems saving the flow monitor speed.

From what I learned from you I went in and edited the tapconfig in phpadmin and changed the value there which resolved my problem.

Since I am using the uno I then updated the board manually.

Do I have a sql problem or is it something I am doing? Should I revert my tapconfig back to the zero and send an error file? Could it have been somethin I messed up during installation

Matt

Yes, attaching the rpints log file would be really helpful.

BTW, you don't have to reflash the arduino unless there is a new release in software for it (I'll note that if thats the case). All the parameters should be now uploaded to the alamode/arduino automatically when needed, so it's not really necessary.

It's ok to change the DB via phpmyadmin as long as the correct datatypes etc are used. Not sure whats going on in your case, so the rpints log file is needed. And your tapconfig and config table sql files would help too.

Cheers,
-Th

Since you mentioned 'kick', that's probably caused by too low a kick trigger count. In your case it should probably be at least 65 or 70. Basically the idea here is that when your keg kicks and only gas rushes thru the line, the flow count per millisecond goes way up. The software uses that to sense a kicked keg. I'd be interested to see what a sensible value for the swissflo is in that case (along with the other values too)

That makes perfect sense. Blowing through the swissflow caused the code think CO2 was rushing and kicked the keg for me. I was experimenting with smaller "puffs" and was able to watch it drop a little slower (still a 1/4 keg at a time!).

I am now burning another image. Will backup my beer and keg list DBs and reinstall one more time from scratch using your latest zip file that you pushed. This will then turn into the final install notes.

each relay has 3 contacts on the output side: The normally-open (NO) contact, the normally-closed (NC) contact and the movable contact that switches between the two. If you look from the top on each relay, NC is left, NO is right, and movable in the middle.

You go from your 12V supply (X5) to the movable, and from NO to one contact of the solenoid. The other side of the solenoid goes to ground (X4).

Also, one thing I did not mention (but which is standard practice for anything that switches a inductive load) is to add a flyback diode across the two solenoid contacts - otherwise, when opening the relay contacts the coil in the solenoid acts like the ignition coil in your car and creates a large voltage spike. The flyback diode limits that. Attached is a small diagram for illustration, but google helps too. You can get 100 of them for 2 bucks, need one for each solenoid:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LUJFFAU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Make sure the polarity is correct.

Cheers,
-Th

EDIT: make sure that the solenoids work for your beer lines before you wire all this up. Connect the beer lines to your solenoids and flow counter, use the 12 power supply to open the solenoid, and make sure the beer pours to your liking. Hate to see you go thru all this and then it only creates foam...

Could you just review for me?

On your pictures where does the green ground go that comes in from the DC power jack socket?

From the power jack white goes to port 1 on x5 (12v)

From the power jack black goes to port 1 on x4 (ground)

Power converter red input cable goes to port 2 on x5 (12v)

Power converter black input cables goes to port 2 on x4 (ground)

Power converter output (5v) red cable goes to x1 port 1 (5v)

Power converter output (5v) yellow cable goes to x4 port 3 (ground)

Thanks

Mafoley

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you just review for me?

On your pictures where does the green ground go that comes in from the DC power jack socket?

From the power jack white goes to port 1 on x5 (12v)

From the power jack black goes to port 1 on x4 (ground)

Power converter red input cable goes to port 2 on x5 (12v)

Power converter black input cables goes to port 2 on x4 (ground)

Power converter output (5v) red cable goes to x1 port 1 (5v)

Power converter output (5v) yellow cable goes to x4 port 3 (ground)

Thanks

Mafoley

Yes, looks good. The green is ground, since I used a plastic enclosure it's not hooked to anything. If yours is metal, hook it to your enclosure.

Cheers,
-Th

EDIT: Did you ever flow beer thru your solenoid? How'd it flow?

First install note:

please add

sudo apt-get install git

to the install notes in the 2.1.1 repository - I have missed that twice during installs.

Edit to add: github has been down for maintenance tonight but as it comes back, the link to the zip file is still showing an error. That may still be there problem - I am signing off tonight on this step

edit to add #2: belay my last - downloaded!

Yes, looks good. The green is ground, since I used a plastic enclosure it's not hooked to anything. If yours is metal, hook it to your enclosure.

Cheers,
-Th

EDIT: Did you ever flow beer thru your solenoid? How'd it flow?
Oh boy they know me well at lowes after the 14 visits in two days.

First problem do not go the brass fitting route as I had so much foam.

I then switched out to PVC... Connected on both ends I added repair fittings so that I can take the flow meter and solenoid valve out so that I can clean the lines. Before the solenoid I also added a PVC shut off so that I can take off the flow valve and solenoid. Prior I had to open the keezer lid, turn the air off, then undo the coupler. This made life much easier. Though I do like lifting the lid for the freezer when friends are present as I press a keyfob which activates an electric 18" actuator which lifts the lid.

I have a 5 ft line that runs from the freezer to the keezer. Then have shut off valve to shut off solenoid. Between I reduce down to 3/8 barb and run 1 ft of beer line to flow meter. Back to 5 ft of beer line that I have coiled up to the tap. Prior I only had 1 ft. Adding the extra 4 ft was key for me.

Temp of freezer is 36
Keezer is 38

Also, laying the solenoid horizontal was better than vertical.

I did take the inline filter out of the solenoid as well.

Also, did you ever get a chance to play with the alamode I sent?

Matt

Just a heads up in case anyone had tried to download the .stp file for the raspberry pi case designed with for mounting an alamode board that the file for the bottom part of the case was not a true solid model and basically just a renamed .stl file, but I have since updated the thingaverse page with the correct file.

Thanks to dwygrsshpr for the heads up.

-Cheers!

Hi Captn,

I have just finished a completely new install based on your latest zip from github and there is still something amiss (I think). I followed all my install notes as I believe they are but I am not getting flow metering.

When I restart flowmeter service from the admin screen I get the following error in the header of the page:

Code:
restarting flowmon service: ,return var: int(1) , output: array(1) { [0]=>string(53) "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified" }

It's hard to read but I think I typed it accurately. I did not have this issue with my other install; still attempting to follow all the steps such that we can have that clean install directions for your edition.

I think we got two different problems here:
Hi Captn,

I have just finished a completely new install based on your latest zip from github and there is still something amiss (I think). I followed all my install notes as I believe they are but I am not getting flow metering.
This is the 1st one: I need to see the rpints.log for that - if possible from 1st boot thru tap config until you attempt a pour. Can't say 'til then for sure, but with the logs, I'm sure we'll get it to work.

Just to keep up with different installs: You don't have actual (physical) tap valves/solenoids, correct?

When I restart flowmeter service from the admin screen I get the following error in the header of the page:

Code:
restarting flowmon service: ,return var: int(1) , output: array(1) { [0]=>string(53) "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified" }

It's hard to read but I think I typed it accurately. I did not have this issue with my other install; still attempting to follow all the steps such that we can have that clean install directions for your edition.

Issue #2, yes, something I missed in the announcement about the reboot/restart stuff (I kept wondering at the time that there was something I was missing). There is a change you'll have to make to the /etc/sudoers file, but I'm traveling right now, so I don't have access to my dev system. I'm home for the weekend, I'll post here what needs to be added. No need to reinstall, just another relatively simple item for the install instructions to make this work.

I really appreciate that you're going thru this, and provide feedback and install notes. :mug:
There's things I did to my system just out of habit, but they're not necessarily default. That's why what you're doing really helpful!

Cheers,
-Th

I knew you were going to ask for the log file and I felt a little foolish not attaching it directly but I was getting frustrated. I enjoy working through this with you so I am glad you don't see our endless questions as a burden. Making this a simple and robust install is where I would like to end up for the community.

Attached are links for the error.log and the rpints.log.

I ran a new install tonight based on everything I have learned and I would say there is still something wrong in 2.1.1 Additionally, in this latest install when I try to restart the flowmeter service I see some more notes in the page header; basically three golden rules for the Admin.

This latest install was not without trouble - I have no idea why the Pi can be so flaky when I am executing the exact same CL prompts as before. I have noticed that traffic on my home network can play a role as well as trying to run simultaneous tasks on the Pi - it's just not built for that. I really need a quiet network to be sure everything is coming down as asked.

These are from yesterday - I have not attached today's. one step at a time. Will probably start over again tomorrow with a new install.

error: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1jZ8P9yVbHQNkN1TGJVMTNlc1U
rpints: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1jZ8P9yVbHQYnRpU3ZaWERIcFU

Hi Cap,

Hope you had a safe return. I ran a fresh install just now. It hiccupped on the very first step of updating the wheezy install but just ran that CMD again and was GTG. Attached is a screen shot of today's rpints log as well as the link to the full file. Sorry I didn't get permissions right last night - it was late...

It looks like we have a pin problem? FWIW, I have the swisflow plugged into #5 and that is what is set in the tap config page. I have not messed with restarting/rebooting as you seem to know what's happening there.

I am NOT running valves at this time but would like to exercise that in the future once I get through this hurdle. I do have the one install that worked backed up to an image but I want to be sure others can follow my steps. You deserve a break!

2016-01-30-182018_657x392_scrot.png

View attachment rpints.xml

Hi Cap,

Hope you had a safe return. I ran a fresh install just now. It hiccupped on the very first step of updating the wheezy install but just ran that CMD again and was GTG. Attached is a screen shot of today's rpints log as well as the link to the full file. Sorry I didn't get permissions right last night - it was late...

It looks like we have a pin problem? FWIW, I have the swisflow plugged into #5 and that is what is set in the tap config page. I have not messed with restarting/rebooting as you seem to know what's happening there.

I am NOT running valves at this time but would like to exercise that in the future once I get through this hurdle. I do have the one install that worked backed up to an image but I want to be sure others can follow my steps. You deserve a break!

Got in this morning after getting delayed, so had to catch up on some sleep :)

The pin message you can ignore, that's for valve/solenoid configuration. It indicates that a valve pin is set incorrectly (0), but no harm is done. I should probably take that out, it just has the potential for confusion.

From the attached log file I can see that flow meters are not enabled (in the little gear config screen), so if it doesn't report flow, that's probably why.

In the rpints log from yesterday it showed that the python MySQLDB module was missing. Any chance you missed that during the install, or that the site where it gets downloaded from was not reachable?

The reason why I was asking about the valve/solenoids is that those have the potential to reset the alamode if there is no flyback diode installed. Everything else will work, but no flow updates in that case. I was just trying to eliminate that possibility.

As far as the shutdown/reboot command: Add the following at the end of your /etc/sudoers file using
sudo visudo

Code:
www-data ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Defaults:pi   !requiretty

You have to reboot after adding this. This is something that needs to go into the install instructions.
Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
-Th

welcome home and welcome back. I DO have the flow monitoring switched to "on" in the personalization settings (I assume that going through the gear and the personalization tab on the left hand side is the same thing right?)

I just shut the valves and fan off. I will add the shutdown and reboot commands now and report back. After the reboot I will check flow and also report back/

From the attached log file I can see that flow meters are not enabled (in the little gear config screen), so if it doesn't report flow, that's probably why.

Ok, I think I see something here. You may enable the flow meters, but it still doesn't update. That's b/c the flow mon service reads those 'enabled' values only once on startup, and then never again. Which means the part that does the flow counting never gets started in the service, but will get started on the next flowmon restart.

So, for now until I get around to fixing this, on first start (and only needed there), enable valves/flow monitoring/etc in the little gear config screen, then restart the service, before going ahead and setting up the taps and pins. I'll see what I can do about fixing this...

Cheers,
-Th

adding those lines of code to the sudoers file is now preventing me from rebooting from the CLI or GUI.

~$ sudo reboot
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 31
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

Now, I am getting wise in the ways of things. so I backed up the original sudoers files and also added a comment in the file I modified so I can comment out the recent addition. Based on the way the second line of code looked, I added three spaces between the "pi" and the "!". In days long gone, I seem to remember that spaces could be interpreted as carriage returns. Is that the problem?

Edit to add: It is also preventing me from copying my back-up back over top with the same error! Trust me, if there is a way to break something at the CLI, you've found your man

adding those lines of code to the sudoers file is now preventing me from rebooting from the CLI or GUI.

~$ sudo reboot
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 31
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

Now, I am getting wise in the ways of things. so I backed up the original sudoers files and also added a comment in the file I modified so I can comment out the recent addition. Based on the way the second line of code looked, I added three spaces between the "pi" and the "!". In days long gone, I seem to remember that spaces could be interpreted as carriage returns. Is that the problem?

I don't think the spaces should be the problem. It's complining about a syntax error in that file, line 31. Could you paste what's on that line (which one of the two above). Also, I think the 2nd line may not even be needed, so try with just the 1st line that starts with www-data.

Also, it's possible that somehow the account that apache runs under is different. To check that, please paste the output of
ps aux | grep apache
for me. Perhaps I got the wrong account for that line.

Cheers,
-Th

I cannot command a reboot so will have to pull the plug. I assume on restart that I will not be able to get back into the sudoers file and undo what I just did.

Wait one....

Edit: I broke something for sure. All sudo prefixed commands report same error. Unix idiot right here <-- There was a comment line in the beginning of the sudoers file that suggested that changes get made to the sudoers.d file instead - does that make any sense?

I cannot command a reboot so will have to pull the plug. I assume on restart that I will not be able to get back into the sudoers file and undo what I just did.

Wait one....

Edit: I broke something for sure. There was a comment line in the beginning of the sudoers file that suggested that changes get made to the sudoers.d file instead - does that make any sense?

Yes, I guess I missed that you have to edit this via 'visudo', drats, I hope you got a backup of that file, sorry.
You can also add a file to the /etc/sudoers.d directory, the file cannot have a . (dot) in its name but otherwise you're free to pick a name. You can add the instructions there. But using 'sudo visudo' to edit /etc/sudoers will do too.

Cheers,
-Th

Also, did you ever get a chance to play with the alamode I sent?

Matt

Hi Matt, sorry I missed that post. I haven't gotten around to implementing flashing the arduino and playing with your alamode just yet, wanted to clean up my plate of pending/half finished projects first. It's next on the list, if nothing else comes along probably in the next two weeks or so.

Cheers,
-Th

Hi Captn,

Man, last night (read: this morning) took a lot out of me (;

I just installed from scratch again - I think the biggest problem I was having with some of the services not installing was due to flaky power. I was getting the intermittent warning of the little raspi splash screen in the upper right hand corner during reboots. That may have caused some interruption in apt-get.

I switched power supplies* and I got them all down one at a time and watched for errors throughout. I have not made changes to visudo yet. I am burning an image now that has (I hope) everything ready to go. I downloaded 2.1.1 without installing yet to this image so that will shortcut my time if we have to rebuild again.

Once I get back up I will do as you instructed about restarting the flowmon service on one tap.

*was using an apple iphone cube. switched to a wall-wart. haven't seen warning since. fingers crossed.

Captn,

We are 5 by 5!

The slow, methodic build of services, mods to visudo, and restarting the service have all seemed to work! I was getting some hiccups when I was changing the flow updates/kicks/pours but a cache refresh seemed to kick it back into shape. Also, all the home buttons: restart, shutdown, restart flow are working 100%

Would you still like an output of the rpints.log file?

I will keep you updated on status of instructions as well as rest of build.

must burn image now!

Captn,

We are 5 by 5!

The slow, methodic build of services, mods to visudo, and restarting the service have all seemed to work! I was getting some hiccups when I was changing the flow updates/kicks/pours but a cache refresh seemed to kick it back into shape. Also, all the home buttons: restart, shutdown, restart flow are working 100%

Would you still like an output of the rpints.log file?

I will keep you updated on status of instructions as well as rest of build.

must burn image now!

Glad you got it going! Just for kicks, send me the rpints.log if you got it, just to see if there are still any anomalies.

And yes, if you restart the service, or reboot you need to refresh the browser(s), the websocket connections get broken at that point. It shouldn't be needed for any other changes in config.

Cheers,
-Th

So flow meters are kind of out of the budget for me right now, and I'm not crazy tech savy so setting all that up seemed a little daunting. I know a little html and sql, I put some php under my belt and made functioning buttons to decrement the ounces left by selecting the type of pour and hitting a button. I got the idea from a reddit post but I'd thought I'd share it here. I'm still working on the code for a few things. Like keeping the selection after you submit the pour. And I was thinking about trying to integrate it with untappd somehow, but that might be way past my skill level.

rpints.png

rpintsResult.png

rpintsSelect.png

Captain

For flow meter setup:

Pour Shutoff count.

I know that the solenoid is working as it is open. But can not lower the pour shutoff count below 10000. If I do lower it I do not get pours registered.

I would like to set the shutoff at around 24.01 oz.

Captain

For flow meter setup:

Pour Shutoff count.

I know that the solenoid is working as it is open. But can not lower the pour shutoff count below 10000. If I do lower it I do not get pours registered.

I would like to set the shutoff at around 24.01 oz.

Hmm, what's the update count and the other parameters? And can you attach the rpints.log, please? I don't have the swissflo, so not sure what's tripping this, but I think with some fiddling with the settings, it should start to work. BTW, what flow count on the swissflo is the 24oz?

Cheers
-Th

Hmm, what's the update count and the other parameters? And can you attach the rpints.log, please? I don't have the swissflo, so not sure what's tripping this, but I think with some fiddling with the settings, it should start to work. BTW, what flow count on the swissflo is the 24oz?

Cheers
-Th

Will get you that shortly. For testing I am using a adafruit flow counter. My swissflow meters do not have valves hooked up yet

Will get you that shortly. For testing I am using a adafruit flow counter. My swissflow meters do not have valves hooked up yet

The defaults should work with the adafruit meters.

Do you have flyback diodes installed across your solenoid contacts? When testing, I noticed that w/o them, the solenoid spike can trip the arduino into a state where it doesn't report anymore. Can you cycle your solenoid off/on via the tap config screen and get flow count afterwards?

Cheers
-Th

Glad you got it going! Just for kicks, send me the rpints.log if you got it, just to see if there are still any anomalies.

And yes, if you restart the service, or reboot you need to refresh the browser(s), the websocket connections get broken at that point. It shouldn't be needed for any other changes in config.

Cheers,
-Th

Hi Captn,

attached is my latest log file. I have updated for four taps and things are still looking good. I have also added images for my tap handles. Looks sweet but need some cleaning up of the images such that the background is transparent (getting a rectangle around image). I am googling for the fix on that but might need some code help. Will update with an image so you can see what I mean.

I have blown thru the swissflows to get a keg dry and when empty it reports a negative number (in oz) and the keg switches to 'MT' I think this is normal? Isn't it supposed to kick itself? I will have to go back into this thread and read some more!

Thanks always!

View attachment rpints5feb16.xml

Hi Captn,

attached is my latest log file. I have updated for four taps and things are still looking good. I have also added images for my tap handles. Looks sweet but need some cleaning up of the images such that the background is transparent (getting a rectangle around image). I am googling for the fix on that but might need some code help. Will update with an image so you can see what I mean.

I have blown thru the swissflows to get a keg dry and when empty it reports a negative number (in oz) and the keg switches to 'MT' I think this is normal? Isn't it supposed to kick itself? I will have to go back into this thread and read some more!

Thanks always!

The MT is correct, and it doesn't kick b/c the flow meter said so (there could be still beer in there :). However it should kick if you get the kick setting right and it senses a high flow count.

Btw, at super bowl this weekend, so may not get to respond much. Just heading into the city now for pre party and fireworks :)

Cheers,
-Th

The defaults should work with the adafruit meters.

Do you have flyback diodes installed across your solenoid contacts? When testing, I noticed that w/o them, the solenoid spike can trip the arduino into a state where it doesn't report anymore. Can you cycle your solenoid off/on via the tap config screen and get flow count afterwards?

Cheers
-Th

I do have the diodes soldered in

So dumb question as I think the light bulb just went off in my head.

Am I correct by saying the solenoid valve does not count what is going through it? So the logic is the flow meter hits a specific pour amount and then sends a signal to the relay which will trip the solenoid valve off?

So I think I have this hooked up opposite as it is supposed to be. From the keg you should go to flow meter then to solenoid valve and then to tap????

Not going to touch this till I get a response.

So flow meters are kind of out of the budget for me right now, and I'm not crazy tech savy so setting all that up seemed a little daunting. I know a little html and sql, I put some php under my belt and made functioning buttons to decrement the ounces left by selecting the type of pour and hitting a button. I got the idea from a reddit post but I'd thought I'd share it here. I'm still working on the code for a few things. Like keeping the selection after you submit the pour. And I was thinking about trying to integrate it with untappd somehow, but that might be way past my skill level.

How difficult was this to implement? I implemented RaspberryPints via server instead of the RasPi.

I like the idea of being able to push a button and to help with keeping an eye on the level.

I do have the diodes soldered in

So dumb question as I think the light bulb just went off in my head.

Am I correct by saying the solenoid valve does not count what is going through it? So the logic is the flow meter hits a specific pour amount and then sends a signal to the relay which will trip the solenoid valve off?
Yes, the solenoid has no measuring device, it's just there to to enable or disable the flow thru the line. And yes, on the second part, that's how it is intended to work (in the case of a automatic kick, when it senses the flow rate changing rapidly; or when the max pour amount is exceeded). It doesn't "portion" the flow, or pour a single beer, if that's what you're asking. I guess it could be made that way, but that's not there yet (didn't have a need for it).

So I think I have this hooked up opposite as it is supposed to be. From the keg you should go to flow meter then to solenoid valve and then to tap????
I don't think it really matters in which order the solenoid and the flow counter are. I have them as: keg -> solenoid -> flow meter -> tap. Once the solenoid turns off, there is no more flow in that line, so the position of the flow counter relative to the solenoid shouldn't really matter.

Just to ask again: can you turn the solenoid off/on via the tap screen, and after it's back on, the flow counting still works?

Cheers,
-Th

The MT is correct, and it doesn't kick b/c the flow meter said so (there could be still beer in there :). However it should kick if you get the kick setting right and it senses a high flow count.

Ha! I had an Alec-Baldwin-shaving-in-the-mirror-why-do-you"want"to-get-off-a-nuclear-submarine moment today: Why the heck is thing telling me "Mash Tun". Why would it display Emm Tee. Ooooooh.

Derp.

And here is a pic of my tap list. I am working on the white rectangular boxes, but I would also like to get rid of the circles where the numbers would be. I assume it is around the area where I added the custom images but I don't know enough of what those lines are saying.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjkbqxu68tcxdk3/IMG_20160205_210319257.jpg?dl=0

Have fun at the Super Bowl!

Ha! I had an Alec-Baldwin-shaving-in-the-mirror-why-do-you"want"to-get-off-a-nuclear-submarine moment today: Why the heck is thing telling me "Mash Tun". Why would it display Emm Tee. Ooooooh.

Derp.

Yeah, had that same moment a few months back. :mug: It's from the original RPints implementation...

And here is a pic of my tap list. I am working on the white rectangular boxes, but I would also like to get rid of the circles where the numbers would be. I assume it is around the area where I added the custom images but I don't know enough of what those lines are saying.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjkbqxu68tcxdk3/IMG_20160205_210319257.jpg?dl=0
Around line 167 in 'index.php, there is:

Code:
<span class="tapcircle"><?php echo $i; ?></span>
remove 'class="tapcircle" ', the circle is drawn via css, this will remove it.

For your images, you need to add a alpha (transparency) layer into your image. jpg files don't support that, you'll need to use png (or gif)

Have fun at the Super Bowl!
Thanks! :rockin:

Cheers,
-Th

Thanks. I am using png files already - I thought having the backgrounds deleted was enough (ie it would have that transparent layer native in the file). I will read further.

I figured it had something to do with the tapcircle call - will play with it some more...

Yes, the solenoid has no measuring device, it's just there to to enable or disable the flow thru the line. And yes, on the second part, that's how it is intended to work (in the case of a automatic kick, when it senses the flow rate changing rapidly; or when the max pour amount is exceeded). It doesn't "portion" the flow, or pour a single beer, if that's what you're asking. I guess it could be made that way, but that's not there yet (didn't have a need for it).

I don't think it really matters in which order the solenoid and the flow counter are. I have them as: keg -> solenoid -> flow meter -> tap. Once the solenoid turns off, there is no more flow in that line, so the position of the flow counter relative to the solenoid shouldn't really matter.

Just to ask again: can you turn the solenoid off/on via the tap screen, and after it's back on, the flow counting still works?

Cheers,
-Th

Captain,

I am sending you the RPINTS log by email. Using RPINTS I can not shut the solenoid off. I know I have everything wired correctly.

Flow meters are working perfectly. I keep checking power at the relay and it still has power. Only way to shut the solenoid is to unplug the power.

Sounds like you have the solenoid wired up to the nc side of the relay. or you have one of those solenoids that need voltage to turn in both directions

Back