Verdant super Krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elric

Reaction score
Day 8 of fermentation. Yeast has pretty much completely flocculated from in the beer and it is starting to clear very nicely, but there is still a great Krausen at least an inch to and inch and a half thick on top. I’m marveling at the beauty of it. Have upped the temp with a heat pad in proximity to do a diacetyl rest. If there is no sign of the krausen dropping in another couple of days guess I’ll move on to the cold crash and see if it takes care of it. If not, will have to see how easy it is to rack with a floating dip tube between the krausen and the trub :).
A9AC0672-07B7-4BCB-8016-96AE7CB521EF.jpeg

What a beaut!

I can’t see mine because it’s in my keg fermenter. But does the floating ball on the dip tube not normally live on the surface through our fermentation?

What a beaut!

I can’t see mine because it’s in my keg fermenter. But does the floating ball on the dip tube not normally live on the surface through our fermentation?
Thanks! As for the dip tube, good eye, let me explain.... I use this same lid for both my 1 gallon and 3 gallon fermonsters. I have a cut off diptube that is the perfect size to sit just above the trub on the 1 gallon, when it goes into the 3 gallon it will obviously be too short, so I cut just enough tubing to let it get to the bottom of the fermenter which means when it is full, the ball stays where you see it in the pic. It doesn't cause any problems as the point of the ball is to keep the intake off the bottom for as long as possible, not all the way at the top.

Back