Venting....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reverb1983

Reaction score
Please excuse the unnecessary post.

Sticky and tired. (it's 0130 here).

I've been brewing all grain for 3y or so now. Tonight i'm kegging for the first time. I have two little 15L Sankey type kegs, which suits me perfectly. Just using one to start.

Filling the keg went really well, but trying to get the little keg in my brew fridge has not gone so well, and i'm at the end of my tether.

I've had a short beer shower, in the fridge, which has therefor required a thorough cleaning, major back ache from trying different positions for the keg as i don't have as much height as i thought (due to coupler and john guest fitting. Desperately trying to find a way forward.

No advice really needed. Just needed some sympathetic ears to rant at!

I know i know. RDWHAHB! I'm on it! :mug:

This is what I ended up doing. Th keg is tipped towards the door, but it is stable.

I'll have to sort out something more elegant in the future, but in the meantime now I can clean the fermenter and go to bed!

Thank you for your empathetic ear!

image.jpg

Not sure it if would buy you enough space, but Perlick makes a low profile sankey coupler. It's only 2 1/8 vs the 3 3/4

Last edited:
how the hell do you clean the inside of a sankey keg... (without CIP)

how the hell do you clean the inside of a sankey keg... (without CIP)

The spear comes out fairly easily with the right tools, or you can use caustic-water-acid-water which will get just about anything sparkling.

Lots of guys use sankeys....not near the leakage problems of coneys. Only real negative is dry hoping.

Nice job figuring it out how to get it done! I'm sure you'll come up with something more permanent for future brews but for now, nice going! :mug:

John

Latest posts

Back