Valve locations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsman20

Reaction score
I am reworking my brewery and was looking at a bunch of photos here and noticed some people put the valves low and some on the kettles. Mine are on the kettles now but moving the kettles is a pain because of the wires and weight. Is there any advantage or disadvantage of putting all the valve downn on the structure and just plumbing to the kettles? All the valves are bcs controlled so there are wk ires. I have 7 total. Thanks.

I am reworking my brewery and was looking at a bunch of photos here and noticed some people put the valves low and some on the kettles. Mine are on the kettles now but moving the kettles is a pain because of the wires and weight. Is there any advantage or disadvantage of putting all the valve downn on the structure and just plumbing to the kettles? All the valves are bcs controlled so there are wk ires. I have 7 total. Thanks.

Don't see an issue as long as you clean the line out after use. It would be an area to collect wort and forget it's sitting there, just put a step in your program that opens your valves at the end of the session.

Back