Utopia Clone #3 Perfecting Nirvanha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not according to the HBT judges from this competition.

Ok. Time out.

(Taking off my d-bag hat and putting on my honest hat)

Before you go jerking each other off too much over beating the sour we did (which... The U1 probably should have anyway), I think you should be reminded that the jackass you brew with from time to time took a ****in' 750 of the sour, popped the effin cork on it, poured it into a 12 oz bottle and then re-capped it. SHOCKINGLY one of the score sheet comments was, "beer is flat and carbonation would have helped this beer a lot". Gee. Ya ****in' think?? He then took the beer, which had an OG of 1100 and an FG of 1024 an entered as straight Flanders Red... which... has a highest OG in the guidelines of 1052. Not even remotely effin close.

So... YES... U1 still probably should have won an congrats. Its a really nice beer. But, "ooooo. The judges didn't think so" is a huge pile of bull$&@#. U1 still probably would have done better but the sour would have made a much stronger showing if Einstein hadnt completely ****ed the entry up.

Wow is it just me or was that a whiny baby that wrote the above post? It was one step up from "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me"

Why would it be "freakin KILLING" me? Its a great beer. I've told you, and a lot of other people right in front of you, that it is a great beer.

So now that it did well in a comp I'm supposed to be dying in some way??? Why?

I told Yeager yesterday he better get his excuses in order about the gravity reading as PTN was probably going to come knocking any day. Wrong about PTN, right about someone asking. I will offer no excuses, reasoning or validation of Yeager's efforts in this adventure; he will have to speak for himself.

I would argue that anyone who has ever had the pleasure of logging into HBT and seen Paul brag... Or go as far as tell someone that their attemp to mirror Paul's ability would be "like trying to paint the Sistine Chapel with crayons" has the right to ask Paul, effin HOURLY, where he expertise currently has this beer.

Wow, I just want to know how this beer is doing, not take a flaming from you two. Do you guys not want to hear any progress of YOUR beer. I have no share in this, stake, or property. I am asking simply for curiosity. You can flame me on the other thread! JJJEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

Sorry cape, I misread your post.

Bird, behave, your still getting 3 bottles of U2. U3 may end up as drain cleaner or Paul is re-brewing this in secrete.

Paul or Yeager, is there any update? Is it moving at all? Do you need to repitch or rouse the yeast?

I thInk they've re-pitched several times. Havent heard any news in a while though between them both traveling. Yeager was in Florida I think and Paul was on his annual Thailand lady-boy lovefest extravaganza. Apprenrently he had a few "buy one get one free so you can make a sandwich" coupons. He was very excited.

Ummmm Sammiches. Yuummmmbo.

Dropped another ten points since our last yeast/yeast nutrient addition. Still far too high and not in a ruxh to drop lower but it hasn't totally stalled. (Thank you, Schweet Baby Jebus.) Clearly we (I) stepped on our dicks with this fermentation by messing with what worked the first few times. Lesson learned. But we haven't given up on this yet, it will finish sometime, somehow.

PTN

Paul does this get any kind of barreling? Smoke addition? Just wondering, I didn't see anything in the original notes. I was looking at Sacc's attempt at this also.

Ugggg... I'm gonna have to effin make my own aren't i?

Sonofa!!! My freakin' brew schedule is backed up for like two months as it is between group brews and the Norton International... Now I'm gonna have to squeeze in a freakin U brew??? Arrrg.

Back