ut oh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjramm

Reaction score
Brewed a pumpkin and put it in the carboy with a 3 stage airlock. Put it in a closet and came back a day later. It had exploded everywhere. Re-sanitized and re-capped. It exploded again. Any hints?

Also, how do you clean that wasted gold off the walls? It took a couple hours for me to notice and seems to have dried.

Brewed a pumpkin and put it in the carboy with a 3 stage airlock. Put it in a closet and came back a day later. It had exploded everywhere. Re-sanitized and re-capped. It exploded again. Any hints?

Also, how do you clean that wasted gold off the walls? It took a couple hours for me to notice and seems to have dried.

look up "blowoff tube". cleaning it up? soapy water

I just put some pumpkin ale in the primary last night.
I was worried about the same thing so when I was at the brew store I got an 8 gallon bucket for the primary.
Judging by the activity and the near lack of water in the airlock I think the big bucket was a good idea.
With the smaller bucket I would have had a blowoff tube, but that is a loss of beer!

For cleaning up? Move the fermenter out of the closet and use your favorite kitchen or bathroom cleaner that comes in a spray bottle with a Dobie pad or a lightly abrasive pot pad. If it ends up staining, a small amount of paint will take care of it.

Utah Ohio?

Yeah, I don't know many Mormans, but everyone I've ever met from Ohio acts like Ohio is the best place ever, yet 2/3 of the people from Ohio no longer live in Ohio. We have dozens of neighborhoods here in FL that could legitimately be called "Little Ohio." Buckeye flags everywhere. Apparently, Cleveland DOES NOT rock.

:off:

Latest posts

Back