Using plums in a beer. Style advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepanik1986

Reaction score
So while camping and playing clue, my buddies and i got an idea. A Clue Series. However the one that i am having a hard time with figuring out is one for professor plum. What kind of ideas do you guys have?

Mrs. White - White Wheat
Colonel Mustard - Lager of some sort
Mrs Peacock - Blueberry Pale Ale
Miss Scarlet - Red Flanders or Red Wheat IPA
Mr Green - Probably a Double or Triple IPA

Belgian dubble or quad could work since they tend to have some stone fruit tastes to them anyway.

Or if you're open something other than beer I made a plum Mead that turned out pretty good.

Wait... "Clue"-based, and plum is what is giving you trouble?

Not mustard???

D:

Wait... "Clue"-based, and plum is what is giving you trouble?

Not mustard???

D:

Im going to make just a cheap lager and use some of that powdered mustard stuff. or maybe just a yellow fizzy beer seeing as mustard will taste pretty nasty in a beer

Googling mustard beer mostly brings back beer mustard recipes, except for Wostyntje.

As far as mustard, a saison with rye (perhaps munich as well) and a VERY careful hand of coriander, mustard seed, and fennel might work. Or may be disgusting.

On plums, my go-to for just about anything different is porter. Chiles, chocolate, coffee, most fruits and vegetables...one way or another I could see working them all into a porter. Think very dark crystal malts or Special B malt - raisins, currants...I think plum could fit in there as well.

Back