Using Bernzomatic Oxygen Cylinders for Oxygenating Wort

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Brooothru

Reaction score
I remember back in the day (55 years ago; my Gawd time "flies") when a student pilot soloed, his instructor would "cut the student's tailfeathers" by taking a pair of scissors to the tail of whatever shirt they were wearing. The more pelts on the wall, the more experienced the instructor.

When I started Navy pilot training, there would be a weekly Happy Hour on Friday afternoon where the student's primary instructor did a "cutting of the tie" for each student who had soloed that week. The instructor would slice the student's neck tie with a large Bowie knife, the student would then exchange that severed cloth for a bottle of the instructor's favorite libation.

The ceremony incorporated steeped tradition with copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and sharp objects. What could possibly go wrong?

Brooo Brother

Brooothru

Reaction score
I remember back in the day (55 years ago; my Gawd time "flies") when a student pilot soloed, his instructor would "cut the student's tailfeathers" by taking a pair of scissors to the tail of whatever shirt they were wearing. The more pelts on the wall, the more experienced the instructor.

When I started Navy pilot training, there would be a weekly Happy Hour on Friday afternoon where the student's primary instructor did a "cutting of the tie" for each student who had soloed that week. The instructor would slice the student's neck tie with a large Bowie knife, the student would then exchange that severed cloth for a bottle of the instructor's favorite libation.

The ceremony incorporated steeped tradition with copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and sharp objects. What could possibly go wrong?

Brooo Brother
Sorry for the thread drift. Aviation oxygen was also involved.

Fixed it.