Using a recipe from beer smith?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcmb

Novice Brewer.....Thanks to Covid
Reaction score
How often do you "borrow" someone's recipe from beer smith?

Thanks. I will check out those to get more recipes

The problem with other people's recipes in your brew software is you don't often have feedback. For all you know, it could have been a thrown together experiment that didn't turn out well....I've found that most brewers don't tend to go back and add tasting notes on those recipes, so you don't even know if they liked it.

The problem with other people's recipes in your brew software is you don't often have feedback. For all you know, it could have been a thrown together experiment that didn't turn out well....I've found that most brewers don't tend to go back and add tasting notes on those recipes, so you don't even know if they liked it.
that was one of my thoughts when I'm looking. They tend to never say....this recipe sucked lol

Ill use parts or a baseline for some when doing the research for my recipes...ive never actually taken one exactly and brewed it though. Gotta put my own twist to it ya know.

Good for getting ideas on recipes and process, but do your research and don't take their recipes as gospel. I was working on a very specific pilsner once using someone elses recipe and procedures that called for a 60 minute boil against my better judgement. So I gave it a try. DMS bomb, a real dumper! Pils malt needs a minimum 90 minutes. Never again!

Good for getting ideas on recipes and process, but do your research and don't take their recipes as gospel. I was working on a very specific pilsner once using someone elses recipe and procedures that called for a 60 minute boil against my better judgement. So I gave it a try. DMS bomb, a real dumper! Pils malt needs a minimum 90 minutes. Never again!
I have seen that exact thing on one of the recipes i've used

Back