Using a keg to ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edbeenbreto

Reaction score
Just got a keg from a cousin and I was wondering if I can use it to ferment beer in? The SABICO keg fermentors that you see on like looks exactly he same minus the tap portion. I figure if I cause the keg to either ferment or even pour from it's a win for me and him. (He drinks my beer). If this works or some has used share the knowledge.

Can you send a pic of that? I think I have an idea of what you are talking about. Just to verify

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't take a picture but this one is exactly what I do with mine.

lambic-solera-air-lock-carboy-cap.jpg

Nice I have one of those. I actually bought a size 11 bung for it today. But I'll use the what is shown in the picture looks way cleaner. Is your sanke all the way out too??

Yeah it's just a generic sanke the same as you would see at a brewery or a pub I think in imperial it's 15.5 gal or 50 litres in metric they make excellent fermenters the only pain is making sure you have cleaned everywhere since you can't see through it haha

Back