User names are getting confusing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should at least get something for your use of the phrase "Palpable *****ebaggery". That's awesome.

Hrmm..if Evan! gets to push people around with similar usernames, I need someone to take out those 5 other jesters out.

Anyone know where I can rent a board ninja? :ninja:

Edit: anyone know where 98EXL found that ninja smiley so long ago?

jezter6 said:
Hrmm..if Evan! gets to push people around with similar usernames, I need someone to take out those 5 other jesters out.

You need to out do Jester369 to earn the Jester title. But you need a paid membership to find out why.

Jester369 rocks.:rockin:

I decided to check out my user name.

Baron von BeeGee
baronvonnekots
beer baron
BeerBaron
BeerBaron1234
beer_baron
cbaron0185
CBBaron
rbaron123
redbaron

Baron seems to be a popular user name. Luckily only myself and Baron von BeeGee have more than a couple posts and there is not much chance of confusion there.

Craig

On a semi-related note, I took a look at my brother-in-law's profile (heterodox - also interesting, the only member with "hetero" in his moniker... ;)).

Anyway, his one post was in the "how did you find us thread?," where he said "my brother-in-law".... and linked to someone else's profile. :confused: :eek:

Maybe "the_Bird" wasn't memorable enough for him.

magno said:
Theres magno, and Magnus, but no mango which Ive been getting called a lot lately (hence the user title).

- maGNo

You know I had that right...until I saw this post. Now I can't get THE MANGO out of my head...

mango.jpg

(It's just what happens when somebody digs up ancient posts.)

There is also:

Yooper
YooperBrew

I've changed mine in the past, but can never be just plain Yooper. It's taken!

Also, confusing to my little mind is this:

The_bone
Thebone2
Tbone
tboneindaegu

Although the first two names belong to the same guy, I understand.

I've meant to ask about this - Are there purge procedures in place? Or is it bad server practice to purge an account that has any number of posts (except 0)?

Seems like a lot of "good" names were grabbed, and then abandoned with a post count of 1.

I need a good witty handle, don't you think? Chriso is pretty boring, and well... that's what people call me IRL. Then again, it's short, and SO far I don't have any direct imposters. 69 total "Chris"es.... with about 5 real ones.

Now this whole Evan / Evan! monstrosity...... I think Evan! should have rights to both.

YooperBrew said:
There is also:

Yooper
YooperBrew

Also, confusing to my little mind is this:

The_bone
Thebone2
Tbone
tboneindaegu

Although the first two names belong to the same guy, I understand.

Can you register 2 accounts?
Why would you want to do that?

orfy said:
Can you register 2 accounts?
Why would you want to do that?

I think he said that for some reason he couldn't relog in to the original, and so started the second. Then he became a paid subscriber on the second account. He's on everyday- maybe can chime in with the details.

YooperBrew said:

If you can lure the bugger out into the playground, the rest of us will have a talk with him. I'm sure he'll see, uh, reason.....:cool:

Silviakitty said:
*runs off to register 'hydrophobicgerbil'*
Well then, mine would have to be hydrophilicgerbil, as I LOVE the water. I love to be on the water, near the water, or in the water. We went down to Arizona this last summer with some friends, and I spent every minute that I could in the pool. I keep trying to convince the wife to let me put in a full size pool in the backyard. So far I am losing that one.

rabidgerbil said:
Well then, mine would have to be hydrophilicgerbil, as I LOVE the water. I love to be on the water, near the water, or in the water. We went down to Arizona this last summer with some friends, and I spent every minute that I could in the pool. I keep trying to convince the wife to let me put in a full size pool in the backyard. So far I am losing that one.

EF didn't even sway her decision? ;)

I was dumb, I got a house on too small of a lot to put a pool in. Hot tub maybe. Oh well, whenever we finally move, we want an acreage. Then it's divin' time.

Kevin Dean is a rather common name in meatspace but few people register their full real name as a forum handle. :) Triple reverse psychology!

Hell, I just want to change mine, I paid for a premium Mambership and Im still a senior member, Does somebody know how long it takes to kick in?

RICLARK said:
Hell, I just want to change mine, I paid for a premium Mambership and Im still a senior member, Does somebody know how long it takes to kick in?

It's usually pretty quick, unless your paypal account took a while to go through. If you don't get upgraded soon, send a PM to TXBrew, and he can upgrade you, if you can explain that you paid but it didn't upgrade yet. Sometimes it has to do with how your paypal account is funded.

YooperBrew said:
It's usually pretty quick, unless your paypal account took a while to go through. If you don't get upgraded soon, send a PM to TXBrew, and he can upgrade you, and explained that you paid but it didn't upgrade yet. Sometimes it has to do with how your paypal account is funded.

Thanks yoop I paid with my credit card and my Ebanking shows it pending.

Then there are people that change their names like I did, but I was barely known before so I don't think it made much difference.

There is a pretty obvious clue if anyone was paying attention.

chriso said:
EF didn't even sway her decision? ;)

I was dumb, I got a house on too small of a lot to put a pool in. Hot tub maybe. Oh well, whenever we finally move, we want an acreage. Then it's divin' time.

EF?? oh... Edmund Fitzgerald...
no, not taking into account the innuendo, that is in my Coming Soon list...
I picked up all the ingredients, I have just not had time to brew it yet.
I also have all of the stuff for the Blue Moon clone. Those two will be my
last extract brews before I jump to AG.

the other half of that, again not taking into account the innuendo, is that the wife is not a big beer fan, the EF is actually for her sister who is a major fan of porters, and whose husband occasionally brews with me.

Back