use for unattenuated beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelero

Reaction score
I totally screwed a recipe awhile back(added way too much DME in a dunkel due to a typo in the recipe), and got some help from everyone here(pitch more yeast) on how to save it. but since I was away from home when I got the rescue info, I couldn't apply the knowledge until it had already been in primary for over a month. to make long story longer, I bottled anyway without pitching more yeast, and now have 45 bottles of wonderful tasting, if a little cloyingly sweet, flat dunkelweizen. is it worth it to uncap and add a little dry yeast to each bottle? I seared some sirloins the other day and used a bottle to deglaze the pan and make a mushroom sauce. that was pretty awesome. :rockin: now my question is-what to do with the other 44 bottles?! any suggestions??:mug:

Try blending it with something else as you drink. An IPA or APA may take a bit of the sweetness off. Adding some stout might make an interesting combination. Beer blending is something that used to be commonplace but has now fallen away. You will have to play with the variations and amounts but like you said you've got 44 bottles to burn. Good luck.
-Dan

Back