Upstate NY thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hudson Valley folk-
The Singlecut crew will be tapping 日本から来たネコ (some cat from japan): the kitten version of Weird & Gilly, along with some other dope-ass beers at Draught on Friday. I'm sure many cans and bottles will be poured, too.

Finally made it out to Industrial Arts, very cool building and facility. That complex is large, would be fun to see some of the artist studios during a future visit.
Enjoyed Zesty Enterprise, a refreshing saison made with rose hip, etc & the new State of The Art NE PA, very crushable.
Also, made a quick pit stop at District 96 in New City. They are putting out some quality brew and the owner seems passionate about this new venture; he owns The Burger Loft next door, which has a solid tap list.

Finally made it out to Industrial Arts, very cool building and facility. That complex is large, would be fun to see some of the artist studios during a future visit.
Enjoyed Zesty Enterprise, a refreshing saison made with rose hip, etc & the new State of The Art NE PA, very crushable.
Also, made a quick pit stop at District 96 in New City. They are putting out some quality brew and the owner seems passionate about this new venture; he owns The Burger Loft next door, which has a solid tap list.
Sorry I missed you today. Love the facility for IA, they actually have a larger area across the way. You can see some of the lines running above the entrance. I haven't even had a mediocre beer from them yet.

District 96 is a 5 minute walk from my house. I haven't visited yet because the beers I had at the burger loft weren't great, but I figured they are dialing in the recipes. Their head brewer was the assistant at Nebco before he took this job. The owner is very passionate about what he does.

Also not really upstate, but we don't have a thread.

Sorry I missed you today. Love the facility for IA, they actually have a larger area across the way. You can see some of the lines running above the entrance. I haven't even had a mediocre beer from them yet.

District 96 is a 5 minute walk from my house. I haven't visited yet because the beers I had at the burger loft weren't great, but I figured they are dialing in the recipes. Their head brewer was the assistant at Nebco before he took this job. The owner is very passionate about what he does.

Also not really upstate, but we don't have a thread.
Which one?

Hey Everyone, coming back home to spend some time up at THE GREAT sacandaga reservoir over labor day weekend. Taking thursday 8/31 to check out some breweries, beer bars. Was gonna head down to hudson to check out sloop, just saw suarez is closed on thursdays, any other recommendations in that area? As far as upstate goes did bier abbey in schenectady finally close? Any new recommendations for Albany, Troy , Schenectady or more North would be welcome as well. If anybody wants to meet up for a beer i'll be bringing some beers from colorado in tow.
Thanks!

Bier abbey was open then closed then open now closed

Don't know last time you were here, hill farmstead is almost always on tap at 2 or 3 bars in the tri cities, check out common roots in glens falls....will update when inthink of more

Bier abbey was open then closed then open now closed

Don't know last time you were here, hill farmstead is almost always on tap at 2 or 3 bars in the tri cities, check out common roots in glens falls....will update when inthink of more
When did that happen?

June, bad fire suppression system.

Look, I like the place but as far as this goes if you've been there it's a fire trap. And a fire trap with bad fire suppression is a tragedy waiting to happen
I've been there a few time. I'm kinda buddies with the owner but don't see him often, so I was wondering.

Technically not upstate, but still.

Don't know if I'm intrigued or.disgusted by a sour ipa with milk sugar raspberries and vanilla.....

Can Release // August 26

This Saturday 8/26 at 12pm, we will be releasing three new beers. 16oz cans of Ultrasphere and Hyperlight as well as 12oz cans of Incandenza will be available to purchase and take home. Our tasting room will be open and Beacon Pantry and Barb's Butchery will be serving up some delicious food! This time, we will be adding a new terminal at check-out to get you through the line faster!

We'll also have Tekus and t-shirts, including a limited edition Hyperlight // Ultrasphere t-shirt featuring artwork by Evan M. Cohen.

Ultrasphere (6%)

$18 // 16oz four-pack
Sour IPA with milk sugar, raspberries and vanilla beans, hopped with Citra, Simcoe and Mosiac dust.

Hyperlight (7%)

$18 // 16 oz four-pack
Double dry hopped IPA brewed with raw wheat and malted oat, hopped with Citra and Mosaic dust.

Incandenza (6%)

$16 // 12oz six-pack
Sour IPA with milk sugar, hopped with Citra and Simcoe dust.

Please consider arriving a little early because we expect to sell out quickly. Limits will be announced on the day of the release.

Getting Here
Parking is available in the municipal parking lot on Churchill Street. Our entrance is located in the back of the white cinder block warehouse.

GET DIRECTIONS

Technically not upstate, but still.

Don't know if I'm intrigued or.disgusted by a sour ipa with milk sugar raspberries and vanilla.....

Can Release // August 26

This Saturday 8/26 at 12pm, we will be releasing three new beers. 16oz cans of Ultrasphere and Hyperlight as well as 12oz cans of Incandenza will be available to purchase and take home. Our tasting room will be open and Beacon Pantry and Barb's Butchery will be serving up some delicious food! This time, we will be adding a new terminal at check-out to get you through the line faster!

We'll also have Tekus and t-shirts, including a limited edition Hyperlight // Ultrasphere t-shirt featuring artwork by Evan M. Cohen.

Ultrasphere (6%)

$18 // 16oz four-pack
Sour IPA with milk sugar, raspberries and vanilla beans, hopped with Citra, Simcoe and Mosiac dust.

Hyperlight (7%)

$18 // 16 oz four-pack
Double dry hopped IPA brewed with raw wheat and malted oat, hopped with Citra and Mosaic dust.

Incandenza (6%)

$16 // 12oz six-pack
Sour IPA with milk sugar, hopped with Citra and Simcoe dust.

Please consider arriving a little early because we expect to sell out quickly. Limits will be announced on the day of the release.

Getting Here
Parking is available in the municipal parking lot on Churchill Street. Our entrance is located in the back of the white cinder block warehouse.

GET DIRECTIONS

2017 the year of "Will it ferment?"

scramin85 , also an oldie but a goodie...farms been there forever, but only recently started started their hard cider and brewing their own beer. Definitely worth the trip, especially if you like cider, their doing some Tetris barrel aged stuff

Thinking of hitting a place on my way back from Vermont in a couple weeks. Which would one recommend out of Suarez, Hudson valley, industrial arts, rushing duck, or other? Would like to hang for a few beers not just grab and go if that helps your recommendation at all, appreciate it yall

Thinking of hitting a place on my way back from Vermont in a couple weeks. Which would one recommend out of Suarez, Hudson valley, industrial arts, rushing duck, or other? Would like to hang for a few beers not just grab and go if that helps your recommendation at all, appreciate it yall
That's going to depend on where you're headed. Are you driving down 87 from Albany or north? Then Suarez and Sloop to start, but Suarez is significantly further north than the others you listed. If you're headed south on 91 through Vermont, mass and Ct, Suarez is out of the way I believe

That's going to depend on where you're headed. Are you driving down 87 from Albany or north? Then Suarez and Sloop to start, but Suarez is significantly further north than the others you listed. If you're headed south on 91 through Vermont, mass and Ct, Suarez is out of the way I believe

Probably going to be heading down 87 through from Albany towards PA. Looking at the route they all seem to be "close" to it and not too far out of the way.

Was unaware this place was opening, pretty close to work.

Think I'll stop by tonight

https://www.facebook.com/fortorangebrewing/

Who is thirsty Albany? Here is our tap list for opening day!

1-Fort Orange IPA – 6.7% ABV – Flights Only

A New England Style India Pale Ale, the way the Dutch would have brewed it today. Light in color with enough malt to allow the hops to come through without being astringent. Juicy with just the right amount of bitterness and floral, with hints of citrus and pine.

2-The Local Stout – 6.7% ABV – Flights Only

A stout that lives up to the name stout. Roasted with hints of chocolate and a pleasant spicy sweetness of rye is held up with British hops to give you a smooth hop aroma as well as a bit of American hop to provide bitterness.

3-Goldie – 4.7% ABV – Flights Only

A twist on a Belgian Golden Ale. Light in color with slight clove and some spiciness. A sweetness from the grain and hops will balance out the Belgian backbone. A late hop addition will introduce some floral and citrus in the nose.

4-Nipper IPA – 6.7% ABV

An India Pale Ale that is refreshing any time of year with a light malt profile. Lively, refreshing with tons of tropical fruit in the nose and palate. Just enough bite to dance well with the light malts.

5-Whistle Stopper Red – 6.0% ABV

A solid backbone of malt with a hint of caramel and a bit of spice from the rye is presented by American hops to make this red more aggressive than a traditional Irish red. Bold easy drinker.

6-Mo-Mentum Pale Ale– 5.4% ABV

Earthy fruit such as blueberry, tangerine and papaya come to the nose. A slight sweet malt profile balances with the mosaic hop to create a refreshing beer that can be enjoyed year round

They’ve made a killing doing those.

They did one here with a full tap takeover and it was, as expected, out of ****ing control.

I meant odd in the sense I haven't seen the city beer hall do this before, but I honestly didn't know oh was regularly doing this. Thanks for the info guys

Latest posts

Back