Upright fridge/freezer mod

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostfish

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm starting to build a draught system from a used stand up fridge/freezer and am having trouble fitting my kegs inside the fridge with the existing door panel in place (where the butter/condiments go sticks too far into the fridge space) Does anyone know if I can remove this plastic panel and just drill straight thru the door to place my shanks or if this will somehow affect the insulative capacity of the fridge? Thanks in advance for the advise, I've found numerous articles on keezer builds but not too many on stand up fridge conversions. :mug:

Shouldn't cause any problems. I think I've seen quite a few folks take a dremel to the plastic stuff on the inside of the doors.

Some folks remove the entire door liner and replace it with a sheet of hard plastic. The trick is making sure the door gasket is amenable to such a mod...

Cheers!

Thanks guys. I pulled the plug and hacked the entire inside of the door off, rasped the insulation flat and will glue a piece of white plastic to the inside today. Thanks for the plastic idea, was going to use plywood...this will look much nicer. Cheers!

So... how bout some pictures!!!

I actually forgot that I did the same thing to my mini fridge kegerator conversion. The crap on the door was too obtrusive so I yanked it off and replaced with a sheet of acrylic.

Latest posts

Back