update on equipment upgrade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker111

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just posting on the additions to my brewery. I do 10 gallon batches and recently, with advice here, added a riptide pump and a duda diesel (18" 20 plate) plate chiller to the system.

Only brewed once with all in place and everything went really smooth. I actually knocked a half hour off the brew day!

Used the pump to fill the mash tun, run hot wort through the chiller, and fill the carboys.
I actually had to reduce cold water flow as the wort collected in my carboys was in the 50's!!!
I will need to dial this in but not to worried much about it.

Flushed the chiller right away from both the in and out.

No more glass carboys as I went to fermonsters and time will tell but they are light and super easy to clean. Sold all my glass carboys and immerssion chillers to a new brewer . Kegged both yesterday and clean up on the fermonsters was about 20 minutes. Hope the beer turns out good as all numbers were hit and sample taste was good and very clear.

Cut some various size tubing and used hand turn clamps to affix.

Next step is to start doing closed transfers. Any suggestions on doing this with fermonsters is appreciated.

Hope to brew again Sunday.
Happy brewing all!

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. Didn't get to brew this weekend with the winter storm that blew in and running boys to sports so a day after work if I can be set up prior and start before 4.
Ordered 2 solid lids for the fermonsters and will adapt them for oxygen free transfers ( are close to it). if they work out I will get a few more as I went to 4 7 gallon fermonsters.

Lizard, nice write up as per usual. Need to pick up a few hardware pieces. Will let you know how it goes.

Back