Up and Coming Homebrewer in North-Central Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightrain88

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a brand SPANKIN' new brew enthusiast living in Princeton, IL (a town of about 7,500 that is approx. 60 miles from anywhere).

Just boiled up my first "Let's-get-all-the-mistakes-out-of-the-way-on-the-first-batch" batch about 10 days ago. Was convinced that I had ruined it by pitching the yeast while the wort was too hot, but found evidence of a great deal of krausen (a good 2 - 3 inches up the side) when I opened the primary after 7 days (yes, like I said, I wanted to make any and all mistakes with THIS batch). It smelled really good, though, so I closed it back up and adopted a RDWHAHB attitude (although I don't have AHB to H yet).

I am looking forward to learning and experimenting and enjoying this mad-scientist hobby called brewing.

Hi!!
Lots of Northern Illinois folks here. Definitely the more the merrier. I just started learning to brew mead last fall, so I'm pretty shiny, too. So much to learn.
Hope you like it here, seems like a nice bunch.

Back