Unusual Corny Keg Lid shape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavpilot2000

Reaction score
I'll try to post a pic tonight, but I bought a few old ball lock corny kegs a few weeks ago to refurbish, and two of them have very non-standard lids. I was wondering if someone could help identify them and help find replacement lids, in case I should need one.

Whereas a normal corny lid is oval-shaped, these are more like a rounded-off rectangle. Definitely not interchangeable with "normal" lids.

Thoughts?

I think you're right. Unfortunately it looks like replacement lids are not available. Mine seem to be working fine, but I always like the option to be able to replace parts, and I keep a bin of spare keg parts around for on-the-spot repairs.

ChiCompany sells them.

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_1_3_89&products_id=513

Don't buy the ones that have the original valve in them. None hold pressure anymore. Buy the ones I linked above.

Here's the replacement valves for the lid I recommend.

http://www.kegconnection.com/a-valve-assembly-replacement-with-valve/

When I need something weird and beer related, I check ChiCompany first. 9 times out of 10, they have it!

:mug:

ChiCompany sells them.

When I need something weird and beer related, I check ChiCompany first. 9 times out of 10, they have it!

Awesome - thanks!
I'd never heard of them until a few weeks ago I needed a fitting for a spunding valve and nobody else had it but them. I ordered and it came quickly with no fuss. They seem to be a great source for oddities.

Awesome - thanks!
I'd never heard of them until a few weeks ago I needed a fitting for a spunding valve and nobody else had it but them. I ordered and it came quickly with no fuss. They seem to be a great source for oddities.

They definitely are amazing for odd stuff!

As for the lids you have now, the valves in them are no longer manufactured... at least from what I've found, and I searched everywhere. I ended up hole sawing mine to fit the valve I linked for you. I had to ruin multiple hole saws to make the hole... so definitely buy the pre cut ones. Lol!

They definitely are amazing for odd stuff!

As for the lids you have now, the valves in them are no longer manufactured... at least from what I've found, and I searched everywhere. I ended up hole sawing mine to fit the valve I linked for you. I had to ruin multiple hole saws to make the hole... so definitely buy the pre cut ones. Lol!

Thanks!

Back