Unpasturized apple cider questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyc1219

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first go at a hard cider and I had just a couple questions about he cider I just bought (got 5 gallons from a local cider mill in MI).

The cider i got is unpasturized and preservative free. Here are my questions I am hope you can help me with.

1) it says to keep it cold but I don't not plan on doing this for a week or two until I have room in one of my carboys. I certainly do not have the space in my fridge so I'll it be ok sitting at room temp?

2) since it is Unpasturized how to I get rid of the bacteria? I know Camden tablets will get rid of wild yeast but what about bacteria? The lady at the cider mill said to heat it to about 110F and that should do the trick. Is this correct?

I really appreciate the help here!

Cheers!

Just crush acouple Camden tablets and add them. Give it a good shaking to mix the camden. It will preserve it till your ready to use it in a week or two

Latest posts

Back