Unknown yeast in brewing phone app

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
I recently got the home brew app for my phone. When I go to put my yeast type in it does not recognize my yeast. The yeast i am using is Wyeast NB Neobritannia in a 5 gal AG nut brown ale. Any body know what other yeast would be similar to the Neobritannia?

It also said to put two packs in. The one packet is 100 mil cells and the program states it will need 176 mil cells. Should I get another pack from my LHBS? By the way I will be
Moving into the yeast starter soon but not by the time I brew this batch.

I don't know which app you are using but they all let you add ingredients. You just add the yeast to the ingredients list and you can punch the attenuation numbers.

A starter is cheaper but if you don't have time then 2 packs will work just fine.

I am using brew pal. Cool app! Thanks for you help. It did exactly what you said.

Adding two yeasts packs In a 6.5 gal Carboy should I use a blow off tube? Already had one explosion ( 8% stout) don't want another although it was the best beer I have brewed so far.

Back