Unintellegent design award

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Goes to the Owen eyeglass frame company! I got new computer glasses last summer. Yesterday, the screw came loose on the right side. No big thing, right? Well, the folks at Owen had a better idea. Instead to putting the screws that hold the frame against the lenses in from the top, they put them in from the bottom. This accomplishes two things: First, the screw falls out when it loosens, rather than just sitting there. Second, just to be certain you never see the screw again, the frame has a high spring load. This propels the screw somewhere.

The frames are brown, as is the screw and my carpet. No, the screw is not magnetic.

Nothing a little super-glue can't fix, but I really hate bad designs.

Same here, I went to the eyeglass shop that I got them from and he ended up putting bolts all the way through and cut them flush.
For what you pay for frames and the number of people that make a huge profit off them you would think they could at least build them better.

I thought this was going to be a religeous rant, lol. Did an intelligent God create the idiot who designed those glasses lol? (not serious, do not respond, religeous topics are taboo and unwinable)

so, David, you're telling us you have a screw loose somewhere?

To that I say, well, duh!

J/k- I also notcied that today is your birthday. I'll lift my first pint tonight to you in honor of you making it this far!!!:mug:

Happy Birthday, good man!

I'm sure the Chinese people who made your glasses had to have dome something wrong. :D

Happy Birthday David!

I lost the screw to my glasses once in high school. I took them back to Walmart where I got them (I hate my crappy walmart glasses!) and they said they couldn't fix it but give this guy a call. So I called this glasses repair man and he said come on by. I went over and he was like "yeah sure i can fix it...$30" So I paid up. Turns out the dude just soldered the earpeice straight.

That sucked. Having stupid gimpy glasses in high school. I would just NEVER take them off...

Good luck with your glasses!

Back