Uneven beer flow between 2 kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradneal

Reaction score
Ok, I have a run of the mill 2-tap kegerator with a single regulator supplying both kegs. This is my first 2 batches to go in the kegerator, so I don't have any experience or history on how this should work. But I noticed that one of the kegs is pouring pretty nice, but the other is a very small stream. Is it possible that some of the junk at the bottom of the keg has plugged the output tube or something?

The beers are an English Pale Ale, and an Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest is the one pouring slowly.

If it is plugged, is there anything that I can do to unplug it?

Thanks,
Brad

Are your beer lines the same length? If one is significantly longer, it would affect the rate.

If that's not it, you might try swapping gas connections on the kegs - that would tell you if it is a supply side issue. Then try swapping the beer lines. That should tell you if it's a problem in the keg or in the beer line.

If it is a plugged dip tube, you could unhook the keg, gently purge it, and remove the dip tube post and clean everything, sanitize, and reinstall.

:mug:

Great suggestions! hadn't thought about switching the lines.

The gas lines are the same length, so I don't think that's the problem, and my beer lines are both 8' and identical as well.

If I do have to purge the keg and clean the tube, as long as I work fast, the beer should retain the carbonation shouldn't it?

Thanks,
Brad

Are your beer lines the same length? If one is significantly longer, it would affect the rate.

If that's not it, you might try swapping gas connections on the kegs - that would tell you if it is a supply side issue. Then try swapping the beer lines. That should tell you if it's a problem in the keg or in the beer line.

If it is a plugged dip tube, you could unhook the keg, gently purge it, and remove the dip tube post and clean everything, sanitize, and reinstall.

:mug:

Back