unequal carbonation with gas distributor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattCharleston

Reaction score
2 kegs run from one gas bottle via a gas splitter. One keg being deliciously enjoyed, the other keg just sitting there gettin bubbly...sorta. Fridge was just under 40F, regulator set on 11psi. Serving keg was put in the fridge solo and carbed up, and when I started serving it, I put the second keg in to carb. 3 weeks go by, serving keg is done, I go to enjoy the carbing keg and NO bubbles. Im no engineer, so am I missing a concept of carbing 2 kegs at once from a splitter? Thanks guys.

-Matt

I have a regulator that has a 2-way Y splitter on it, and I have a second gas setup on another tank that goes to a 3-way distributor.

All 5 kegs carb at the same rate and keep the same pressures.

I'd check for blockage, swap the QD's around, but I also wonder what the FG is on each beer? 'Thicker' beers seem to take longer to carb in my experience (limited as it may be) so that's one thing to thing about too.

thanks for the response guys. The bottle is outside the fridge, and the 3 way splitter is inside. As far as both kegs being equal pressure, I don't have the equipment to check that. They both def. had pressure because when fidgeting with the carbing keg, I check the release valve, which let a healthy hiss out when I tugged on it for a split second. The serving keg was an ordinary bitter and the carbing keg is a pale ale (10 points higher than the bitter). I'll keep fidgeting and figure out whats goin on

Latest posts

Back