Unboxing FTSs Temp Control for Brewmaster Chronicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I bought two 1bbl Brewmaster Chronicles from SS Brewtech not too long ago. My original plan was to DIY the pump and temp controller using the Glycol soda chiller I have. Well as I began researching and reviewing and pricing I realized I couldn't really come up with an alternative to the SS version.

Yes I could get cheaper but there were big questions on durability of the pumps and most of the cheaper DIY solutions I came up with involved no warranties or guarantees. For a little over $100 for each kit I'd get tried and proven gear backed by SS. In the end for me peace of mind won out over going cheaper.

So I order the box comes packed excellently of course but as I opened the components I was very happy I went this route. The controller is small and elegant. The pump just ooze quality they so solid and heavy for such tiny things. Now SS put a surprise in the box. I checked the description and it does not say the brackets that hold the controller to the conical are included. As a matter of fact they are a $10 add on that can be purchased separately and according to their website they aren't even available and say coming soon! Well they included 2 of them bad boys in my box! Free, Gratis! I did not order or expect them. So pics to follow and once I get everything hooked up and running I'll add a review.

So link to what I got:

http://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/ftss/products/ftss-temp-control-for-brewmaster-chronicals

IMG_20160930_230023.jpg

IMG_20160930_225300.jpg

IMG_20160930_225928.jpg

IMG_20160930_230051.jpg

IMG_20160930_230257.jpg

Back