UK noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChillWill

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm Will from Sheffield in the UK.

Spent a year on internship at a craft beer bar in New York (2008) and since returning to the UK I have been disappointed with the lack of creativity and availability of really good beer (it's all pale ales or bitters... boring!).

So I thought... brew it myself! Started by reading stuff on here, watching videos, reading more internet articles on various things and really enjoying it. When I want to learn something new I usually read books, but thought it would be better to learn from peoples experience on this rather than theory.

Anyway, straight into all-grain. First batch was full of teething problems... the sort of problems I wanted to get out of the way quickly but still turned out drinkable. Second batch is bottle, seems to be much much better than the first... better balanced, clearer, better fermentation etc (recipe is my own and on the pale ale section of the recipes database on here). Third batch is an arrogant bastard clone, although I've cut it down to 6.5%... it's currently bubbling away nicely in primary, will be dry hopping all of it and oak aging half of it.

Cheers! :mug:

Latest posts

Back