UK beer pumps wtf!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavius

Reaction score
IMAG0335.jpg

My dear dad sent me these from the home country. Apparently, he saw them in an antique shop and immediately thought of his favourite son in the colonies.

OK, so how can I get it to work w/o buying a gold-plated beer engine. These are the real deal in brass - the pump arrangement weighs 6.6 lb! I'm not sure what that bottom bit is for.

I don't mind cheating a bit (I've the kegging equipment and a 2 corny keg kegerator)

Suggestions welcome!

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

Yeah! I wonder what the name of the pub was that these came from. Ha!

Best bet is to go on UK ebay and buy a hand pump for shipment to your dad, and get him to forward it on or pick it up on your next trip across the pond. You can get working hand pumps for about $80 in the UK - I must remember to buy one before my next trip to fill the suitcase on the way back (it'll be full of Texan red wine on the way out).

That's the ticket!
Nothing like watching a buxom barmaid doing the requisite 2 1/2 pulls on the pump to get me slobbering.
Thanks for the tip.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back