Ugly Junk got the job done.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaver

Reaction score
Awe yeah... 2nd AG brewday went great. I've been building my AG gear up since Xmas. I have one small batch under my belt and this was all in for a 10 gal batch of NutCastle (Newcastle clone from the Northern English Brown out of Brewing Classic Styles).
I hit ALL the numbers spot on. It was alot of work, and pretty sketchy on the balance but it all worked out.

IMG_4426.jpg

My brewing assisstants for the day.
IMG_4428.jpg

Yeah baby... loving that Blichmann.
IMG_4430.jpg

More pics.
Right on the numbers.
IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

Thats me.
IMG_4437.jpg

10gal's cranking away downstairs right now!
IMG_4439.jpg

That's not a lot of head space...Those carboys are gonna make a mess :)

I put Blow Off hoses on them right away. They dumped a half gallon of foam out the top and overflowed my blowoff bucket overnight (pitched @ 5pm). I swapped it off in the morning and by afternoon it was almost full again. But they have settled down and aren't blowing foam anymore, just CO2. I'll give them another day before I put Airlocks on.

This was the Cleanest wort I've ever put into a fermenter. The Extra wort @ boil and boil kettle/Keggle geometry worked great.

Back