Ugh...forgot to aerate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBJones

Reaction score
Brewed Jamil's English IPA today. Nailed all the numbers...everything went great -- until just after I pitched and realized I didn't aerate. Think it'll be OK? Did a starter, OG is 1.062. Using Wyeast 1028 London Ale, at 68º.

I call it the false "A Homebrewer's Razor."

If you fail to execute any step or process perfectly, your home brew is doomed, ruined, destination to be vile, undrinkable, an embarrassment to all things that are beery.

The counter is St Charlie P's pearl: RDWHAHB.

I say, "Take what the beer gives you. Drink up and enjoy."

I call it the false "A Homebrewer's Razor."

If you fail to execute any step or process perfectly, your home brew is doomed, ruined, destination to be vile, undrinkable, an embarrassment to all things that are beery.

The counter is St Charlie P's pearl: RDWHAHB.

I say, "Take what the beer gives you. Drink up and enjoy."

Just finished aerating. Unhooked everything and took the carboy out of the chest freezer, put a sanitized piece or saran wrap over the mouth of the carboy, holding it in place with my hand. Carboy across my knees as I rock it back and forth and get it all good and foamy. Put it back in the freezer, get it all buttoned up again with blowoff and insulated Inkbird sensor.

Full brew day and then that...man am I tired Yes, I'll take what the beers gives me. But it damn well better be good, after that! :D :mug:

Brewed Jamil's English IPA today. Nailed all the numbers...everything went great -- until just after I pitched and realized I didn't aerate. Think it'll be OK? Did a starter, OG is 1.062. Using Wyeast 1028 London Ale, at 68º.
I always oxygenate after pitching. It’s the way I was taught 10+ years ago and it’s always worked well. Since it’s been overnight it might be too late now.
You should be ok, especially since you made a starter.

I always oxygenate after pitching. It’s the way I was taught 10+ years ago and it’s always worked well. Since it’s been overnight it might be too late now.
You should be ok, especially since you made a starter.

Yeah...probably would have been OK. But to be sure, I went back and did it yesterday an hour and a half after pitching.

Back