Two Brothers' Tap House Opening!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thats great to hear. Haven't checked their web site in a while, I heard they were opening a resturant but didn't think it would happen this soon. I'm really pumped up for this.

This sounds like a great place to meet up with the MACBG board people too.

If they are open on the saturday before the super bowl I might be out there in the afternoon.

Not only will have the Two Bros. stuff on tap, but they'll also have stuff that Windy City distributes. This should be a stellar lineup.

Can't wait to see what types of pub brews they come up with. Hopefully they will be selling growlers.

rdwj, didn't you say you'd been there recently and the brew shop was pretty much bare? Or, maybe that was Rhoobarb that was saying that.

srm775 said:
rdwj, didn't you say you'd been there recently and the brew shop was pretty much bare? Or, maybe that was Rhoobarb that was saying that.

I believe Alan (Snakebone) stopped there recently. The last time I went, they were still in their old shop (and that was pretty bare too).

Does anyone know if they are still only taking cash or check?

Joe Dragon said:
OK, I have no excuses if there is a Snizzle meeting there. It’s literally 200 yards from my shop. I drive by it at least twice a day. The new building is at least 10 times bigger than the old one- it used to be a gymnastics studio. If you guys want me to stop in I’ll drop by for particulars.

That would be cool - let us know what's up

anyone take a look over there yet? I might actually take a ride over there for lunch and a few tap pulls on 2/2 as a friend might be visiting and it'd be a good excuse to check it out. Though it might be crazy packed that opening weekend.

jvh261 said:
anyone take a look over there yet? I might actually take a ride over there for lunch and a few tap pulls on 2/2 as a friend might be visiting and it'd be a good excuse to check it out. Though it might be crazy packed that opening weekend.

If you do, please report back to us what you find! Last time I drove by there it was under heavy construction. These pics look pretty, cool, particularly as you scroll towars the bottome of the page.

The offical opening of the Tap Room is the 5th - a Tuesday. I propose a possible SNIZZLE meet there that weekend - either Friday evening, the 8th or Saturday, the 9th. Any interest?

Rhoobarb said:
The offical opening of the Tap Room is the 5th - a Tuesday. I propose a possible SNIZZLE meet there that weekend - either Friday evening, the 8th or Saturday, the 9th. Any interest?
Yes. Very much interested.:ban:

I'd likely be in, but my wallet might be afraid to go. Last time I was out there and took a tour at the old location, I ended buying a case of Cane & Ebel bombers, a few pint glasses and a few other bottles. They gave me a little discount on the case though.

I guess I'll call out there on 2/2 and see if they're open or not. I'll post if we head out there if anyone wants to get a preview before an official SNIZZLE outing.

ps - anyone run into any of those Cane & Ebel 4-packs yet? It'd be nice to have a few of those in the fridge on Super Bowl sunday. I haven't spotted them anywhere yet.

jvh261 said:
... ps - anyone run into any of those Cane & Ebel 4-packs yet? It'd be nice to have a few of those in the fridge on Super Bowl sunday. I haven't spotted them anywhere yet.

Nope; not yet. Agreed, it would be a nice addition to any Stooper Bowl party.

That sounds great. Maybe we could try for a saturday in Feb. (9th?) and take a tour of the new brewery. I'll be doing that on some saturday sooner than later anyway, may as well give it a shot.

bgrand281 said:
I hope you guys don't mind if I crash along,
No, that would be great!

That Saturday afternoon would be ideal for me. I forgot that I have an 8:00am appointment that morning, so Friday evening would be out for me.

jvh261 said:
ps - anyone run into any of those Cane & Ebel 4-packs yet? It'd be nice to have a few of those in the fridge on Super Bowl sunday. I haven't spotted them anywhere yet.

On the UKG email forum, we get pretty regular updates from the owners (Jason) and they've mentioned that their efficiency is much higher than expected and their first run of Cane & Ebel is actually an Imperial Cane & Ebel. One other batch turned out that way also.

PS - I'd be interested in going to.

srm775 said:
... their first run of Cane & Ebel is actually an Imperial Cane & Ebel....

Oohh, droooll yummm!
drool20.gif
:drunk: :cross:

Yeah, I heard the story about the Imperial Cane & Ebel. The version I heard is that it was actually an error with too much sugar and thus a higher than expected alcohol content. Not sure what else they did to it... but yeah, its been on tap Map Room and Hopleaf I think. I'm not sure if it still is. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out to either spot the last few weeks.

Hopefully they'll have the IC&E on tap at the new taproom. I don't think they're bottling it, are they?

Saturday afternoon 2/9 sounds good to me. I might have SWMBO with me. She's a big fan of their brews as well.

jvh261 said:
Yeah, I heard the story about the Imperial Cane & Ebel. The version I heard is that it was actually an error with too much sugar and thus a higher than expected alcohol content. Not sure what else they did to it... but yeah, its been on tap Map Room and Hopleaf I think. I'm not sure if it still is. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out to either spot the last few weeks.

Hopefully they'll have the IC&E on tap at the new taproom. I don't think they're bottling it, are they?

Saturday afternoon 2/9 sounds good to me. I might have SWMBO with me. She's a big fan of their brews as well.

That could be about the sugar, but apparently all their new equipment and set up is much more efficient. I think the other brew that was imperial was the domain dupage (seems odd).

By the way, Thursday Jan. 31 is the Urban Knaves of Grain monthly club meeting at John's Buffet in Warrenville. It starts around 7:30ish and is located in the back room. Homebrew isn't required but is strongly recommended. I'm planning to attend and will probably be there a little early (maybe grab a burger at the bar). PM me if anyone else is attending and we'll meet up.

a new update at the Two Bros site that answers my C&E question. Should be able to grab it before the Super Bowl. And plenty of time to stock up a little bit through March. Nice!

<<You should see our products refilling the store shelves. Thing are calming down here and we finally are catching up. The first bottling of 12oz, 4-pack Cane & Ebel Red Rye flew out in just a couple days. We bottled another big batch yesterday. So, if you missed it or have not seen it yet in your local store, you should see it very soon. We will be bottling this as our late winter seasonal until the end of March. >>

rdwj said:
What time are we looking at on the 9th. Cheese is interested in meeting us up there too.

I was about to ask if you'd contacted him. Otherwise I was going to.

What about lunctime - noon, 1pm?

Joe Dragon said:
I would say no at this point. The parking lot isn't even plowed. If I run out today I'll stop in.

I stopped in late last week (Jan 17) and the Brewer's Coop was open. They've got their CC machines up, but stock is very limited and, actually, very dusty and dirty.

Rhoobarb said:
I was about to ask if you'd contacted him. Otherwise I was going to.

What about lunctime - noon, 1pm?
I'm good with that timeframe.

There's got to be a better way of sending out SNIZZLE ALERTS so that everyone who's not aware of a specific thread will know about it. Any ideas?

FermentEd said:

There's got to be a better way of sending out SNIZZLE ALERTS so that everyone who's not aware of a specific thread will know about it. Any ideas?

We can always resort to email, but the advantage of threads is that new guys get a chance to see what's going on.

FermentEd said:

A SNIZZLE email list?

Edit: Oops, too late.

Joe, no specific questions. I guess I want to know if they are back at adequate stock levels at the Coop or not. Not going to drive over there to get some CaraVienne only to find out they don't have it.

BTW, I cross posted to the MA&CB board. I'll be bringing SWMBO along with me.

Binny's in Schaumburg has the Cane & Ebel 4-packs in stock. $11.99 which sounds steep but considering its $4-5 a pull on tap when you can find it and a bomber was $5.99 its not too bad.

I just picked a couple up over my lunch hour. I'll be knocking these back on Super Bowl Sunday.

jvh261 said:
Binny's in Schaumburg has the Cane & Ebel 4-packs in stock. ... I just picked a couple up over my lunch hour. ...

You work in S'burg?!! So do I! We gotta do a lunch or after work meet sometime at the Ram and invite Cheese! Looks like I'm going to have to stop by Binny's after work tomorrow!

I'm heading to the coop tomorrow afternoon, I'll be sure to report back here.

I also might want to work there part time if they've got openings... hmm....

Rhoobarb said:
You work in S'burg?!! So do I! We gotta do a lunch or after work meet sometime at the Ram and invite Cheese! Looks like I'm going to have to stop by Binny's after work tomorrow!

Yeah, my office is in Itasca. I'll hit that Binny's in Schaumburg every once in a while over my lunch hour just to get out of the office now and again. Cheese's place is about a 3 minute drive from my office.

We should hit the Ram or Lunar in Villa Park sometime for sure. I've still never been to Lunar actually.

Let me know if you guys plan to go to Lunar. I work in Bolingbrook and I could shoot up 355 on short order.

Looks like I'm a go for a tap house visit and a brewery tour on 2/9. Not sure yet if SWMBO will be coming along. Has a time been settled on? Tours are at noon and 2pm.

Wow, I got it at Binny's for $10.99/4-pk.

Yes Lunar is definitley worth the trip, I'm game for going there anytime.

Sometime right after noon we'll get there. Do we want to do the 2pm tour?

Back