Two beer posts fitted to keg - no gas post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
I hope this makes sense - my terminology may be a bit mixed up :
Ive got a 3-tap tower kit from Keg Connection. The first keg is hooked up and working perfectly. I tried hooking up the second keg and ran into a problem - it appears as if the keg was supplied with two beer posts instead of one beer post and one CO2 post. As a result the CO2 line doesn't connect properly and leaks.
Both posts appear the same and both take the beer line connector perfectly whereas on the other keg there is a clear difference between the two posts.
I tried using a beer connector on the gas line but the I/D of the lines is different.

The obvious solution is to replace the beer post with a CO2 post but is there another solution ?
I know it sounds like Ive answered my own question but Im concerned I may be missing something here...

A hose clamp should be able to seal a 5/16" line onto a 1/4" barb to get you thru. Other than that, new gas post.

Send them an e-mail and they'll ship a replacement post. Keep the extra as a spare. Having one keg with messed up posts is a bad idea and you would have to have an extra gas line with an out connector on it.

Back