Twin Cities Home Brew Hangout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
Im hosting a little home brew get together at my place on Saturday January 5th in northwest Minneapolis. Things will get rolling at or any time after 12 Saturday afternoon.

We are going to be drinking and sharing our brews, so bring some of your own home brew along. There will be some munchies and I will be cooking up a roast, or something along those lines.

With College and NFL playoffs right around the corner, we will certainly have the TV tuned into the games the entire day as well.

Good times and good brews.

PM me for more details, or if you would like to join.

Count me in, NW Minneapolis isn't too bad of a drive for me. I'll just have my wife do a dropoff/pickup. Then my intake of shared homebrew won't matter. ;)

Dang! Wish I could come but I it's a 1.5 hour drive and I shouldn't be drinking the homebrews then making the drive home.

Greg

mr_stimey said:
Its more like north west side of Brooklyn Park....169 and 610west...haha

Right on, I'm right off 169 and Excelsior for the most part so at least it's a straight shot. :D

shunoshi said:
Right on, I'm right off 169 and Excelsior for the most part so at least it's a straight shot. :D

Nice! I work right down there off Bren Rd and 169. Are there any neat pubs/brewpubs around there? Today is my friday and I think Im going to grab a pint after work.

mr_stimey said:
Nice! I work right down there off Bren Rd and 169. Are there any neat pubs/brewpubs around there? Today is my friday and I think Im going to grab a pint after work.

I haven't really checked out much of what's in downtown Hopkins. I know you'll at least be able to find Summit on tap most places though. I think Scoreboard off Shady Oak and Bren actually carries Surly Furious on tap if you like to have your face beat in by hops. Could be wrong though, they recently switched it out for Sam Adams Oktoberfest, but they should have switched back by now.

No brewpubs nearby that I know of though. :(

Other people at work here say the Scoreboard is a pretty decent place to go, maybe Ill swing in there.

mr_stimey said:
Other people at work here say the Scoreboard is a pretty decent place to go, maybe Ill swing in there.

1/2 price appetizers from 3-7pm as well. The nachos are HUGE! :rockin:

I go there all the time...of course my wife works there, so I have more reason than just beer and cheap apps. ;)

Wish I could tonight, but my wife has the night off and I have plans with her. I'll probably be up for it another night though. We should meet up there for a hockey game some night. There is a San Jose game on Tuesday the 11th and an Anaheim game on Friday the 14th if either of those work for ya. Hooray for late west coast games.

Puck drops at 9:30pm! :mug:

I think they have a second happy hour that runs from 10pm to close, so we may be in luck for those nachos yet. :D

To get back on topic...

There has to be at least one other HBT member in the metro area that wants to show up...come on! :(

Just an update for January 5th:

This is going to be an ALL day event guys. Well be snacking and drinking home brew and BSing then later in the evening we will be grilling up venison brats and steaks.

Our headcount as of right now is 6 with a few more who are maybes.

Remember if your interested just PM me and let me know!

:mug:

shunoshi said:
To get back on topic...

There has to be at least one other HBT member in the metro area that wants to show up...come on! :(

Oh there will be more than you two. He just neglected to mention he's contacted the rest of us by phone. Also in attendance: Seabee John, Nicksteck, Slnies (maybe), MattP, Dorf, And a few others sharing their first ever batch.

Seabee John said:
Oh there will be more than you two. He just neglected to mention he's contacted the rest of us by phone. Also in attendance: Seabee John, Nicksteck, Slnies (maybe), MattP, Dorf, And a few others sharing their first ever batch.

Yea, I fail to mention alot of things. Thanks John.

Alright! I'm heading out fishing and should be off the lake by late afternoon/early evening. Then the SWMBO and I will be heading out there. PM me your address with some user-friendly directions.

PM sent.

Its not too late to join the ranks, were gonna have a ton of food and stuff. Anyone else who gets to this post PM me if you want to swing by with some home brew and hang!

1 other home brewer showed up and by that time it had already turned into a Jim Beam and Windsor smash fest~

Shunoshi thanks for swingin by

Back