turkey fryer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George7845

Reaction score
can turkey fryer pots work for brewing?, saw a nice 28 quart pot and burner set up for like 50$ at wally world.

Absolutely. I use a 28 quart stainless steel pot with at Bayou Classic burner. Just make sure that you only use it for brewing. It's going to be very difficult to clean up enough for brewing if you fry a turkey in it.

Been using Aluminum turkey fryer set since I started AG. Works like a charm! Full boil 5 gallon batches reached within 15 mins usually.

Absolutely. I use a 28 quart stainless steel pot with at Bayou Classic burner. Just make sure that you only use it for brewing. It's going to be very difficult to clean up enough for brewing if you fry a turkey in it.

I'm on my third batch of beer with a turkey fryer that was used for turkey, chicken, wings, crabs, crab legs, clams, shrimp...I never heard I shouldn't use it. I cleaned and sanitized it before boiling wort in it and I haven't had any trouble so far.

Yes, they work great. At that price I am guessing the pot is aluminum so you will have to build a passive oxide layer (boil water in it for 20-30 minutes) and avoid cleaning with oxyclean, one-step and other caustic solutions.

Yes, they work great. At that price I am guessing the pot is aluminum so you will have to build a passive oxide layer (boil water in it for 20-30 minutes) and avoid cleaning with oxyclean, one-step and other caustic solutions.

+1 Totally! Using sanitizer on your boil pot is a waste of time and money. Use soap and elbow grease. The high temperatures will make everything sterile especially for a 60 min boil.

I use aluminum and did the water boil thing as well, have never had a single 'tin' taste.

Latest posts

Back