Turbo Lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnoodle

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using alcho tech's 48 hour turbo yeast for a 5 gallon batch of hard lemonade. I want to know if anybody has ever used turbo yeast before? I really don't want to hear from someone who says that their friend used it or someone they know, that is all just hear say unless you drank what was made with it. I want to hear from some people that have tried it before, not just in a lemonade but any other type of brew.

Thanks

Thank you for that, I'm using the iPhone so when I use the search it brought up every post that had the words turbo or yeast in it, and that is about every post on this site.

Tnoodle said:
Thank you for that, I'm using the iPhone so when I use the search it brought up every post that had the words turbo or yeast in it, and that is about every post on this site.

Put phrases, like "turbo yeast," in quotation marks in the search box.

Yep did some heavy reading and sounds like the lemonade would be a considered dorm hooch. Not really looking to get hammered, just have a refreshing drink. I'm on my 3rd 5 gallon batch of lemonade, I was just wanting to experiment but sounds horrible.

How hard are you looking to make the drink? Turbo does not just refer to ethanol tolerance, but to the nutes and acids added to the pack. Mainly for sucrose and sugar washes. You can buy just the yeast and figure out your own nute/acid blend to suit your ingredients and water.

I consistently get around 10% which is good for me I was just wanting to speed up the process a bit.

Back