Turbo Wash Candy Infusion…

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk98

Reaction score
I had to try a Turbo Wash just to see what it is all about.
190 Proof.
Quantity… Impressive!
Fast… Yes.
Tasty… No.

3.25 gallons sitting around, what do I do?
Something for the ladies!
I tried 20 Tootsie Rolls per 1/2 Liter (1/2 quart) @ 80 Proof.
Didn’t care for it. That Turbo Wash taste came threw.

Next I tried Jolly Ranchers, 20 per 1/2 Liter @ 80 Proof.
WOW!
We had friends over for the Oilers hockey game and Everyone seemed to have a different favorite!
No Turbo Wash taste at all!
Personally, the Grape was Fantastic!
My wife liked the Green Apple.
I must say this is not a direction I thought I would ever go.

This is my Second batch.
40 candies for each 1 Liter (1 quart) jar @ 80 Proof.
  • Green Apple
  • Grape
  • Watermelon
  • Blue Raspberry
Ya, that’s Snow in the background…
B48F9853-0BCF-480F-B408-7C293287EDA4.jpeg

What was the recipe for your wash, OG and FG, and details of fermentation conditions (including temps, nutrients, yeast, etc.)? Also, what was your distillation process?

Brew on :mug:

What was the recipe for your wash, OG and FG, and details of fermentation conditions (including temps, nutrients, yeast, etc.)? Also, what was your distillation process?

LOL
I’m 5’11”
Brown hair
Brown eyes
55 years old
I like hockey and baseball
Enjoy candle lite dinners.
And usually don’t kiss on the first date.

Other than that…
I feel like I just got placed In front of a firing squad. 😬

Forgive me, I apparently misinterpreted your post. Very often, when someone new to alcoholic beverage making starts a thread along the lines of: "My (whatever they just made) tastes bad, funny, off, etc." they are looking for advice on how to get rid of whatever deficiency their beverage has. Such posts are often lacking sufficient, or even any, information on how the beverage was made. Obviously folks who want to help cannot do any diagnostics without detailed information about how the beverage was produced. In such cases, one of the early responses will ask for detailed recipe and process information, so there is a basis from which to start diagnosing. Getting as much detail, as early as possible, is much more efficient than playing 20 Questions over the internet. That's all I was attempting to do.

But, since you don't appear to be asking for advice, I will bow out.

No worries!
It was just a fun project that my wife and others enjoyed.
Just felt like passing it on.

Back