Tuning my burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantH

Reaction score
I brewed yesterday in what I was hoping to be my maiden voyage on my strut stand but ended up just going the other route. No worries really, just need to figure out how to get there for next time.

I have two BG14 burners, of which I was only going to use 1 to get a feel for it. I hooked up the gas and tried dialing in the gas and air. Any time that I opened up the gas a bit it would blow itself out or suffocate itself I guess. The bladder started fairly closed to start the burner then I opened it up a good ways if not fully. More air, more fuel, so I opened my valve a hair more. This got small blue flames but nothing more than that.

Should I be able to see the flames clearly in daylight or is this a matter or dialing in everything when its a little darker out so I can see what is going on?

I'm using this regulator.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_83441-95532...tor&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=regulator&facetInfo=

For BG14 burners, you need a 0-30psi reg. The one you linked from Lowes is only 10PSI. Also, did the burners come with their own Orifice?

I thought I just needed a high pressure regulator? Being it was 3/8" High Pressure stated on the box...figured it would work. Now I get to buy even more stuff! Is there not one I can buy locally with the hose and all on it already?

If that Lowes regulator is the same as the one that arrived with my Camp Chef on Wednesday (and it looks the same in the picture), then the instructions say that it has a safety feature that can put it into a low flow mode, which could produce the symptoms you see.

http://www.campchef.com/learning-center.html#lowflow

This describes the feature and how to avoid triggering it.

Back