Trying to make mango hard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

le-dc

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not quite new to cider, but I am new to adding new flavors to it. Here's what I've got going:

Just under one gallon of apple cider fermenting (been about four days at this point) with 2.5g of champagne yeast.
One mango that will ripen in the next few days.

I'm trying to make a mango hard cider, and have been ruminating on how to do it: cut the mango up and stuff it in the glass gallon once it ripens, blend it up and pour it in, etc. Should I boil the mango to kill off any bacteria that might infect the cider, or freeze it to break down the cells a bit? Would love any ideas or recommendations!

I usually spritz with a Kmeta solution first to get rid of any nasties. Then I let the fruit get so ripe it’s almost squishy (my bananas are nearly black before I chuck them in the freezer) and then dice it up and freeze it. I let it thaw and then add it to the cider. On a side note I prefer all my fruit in primary. But that’s just my personal preference.

Latest posts

Back