Trying to get Dad into homebrewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewdogskip

Reaction score
Alright, my old man loves beer. The problem is that his beer of choice is Natural Light :confused: So, while I'm home for winter break I figured I'd show him how easy it is to get into homebrewing. He loves all the pale ales that I have brought him in the past, but really didn't like the hop levels (around 20-30 IBUs). Anyone have a good recipe to help me out in this situation?
I was thinking

8 # 2 row
1 # 20L Crystal
.5 # Munich

.75 oz Fuggles @ 60 mins.

Suggestions? Comments? Natural Light clone recipes? ;)

I was thinking

8 # 2 row
1 # 20L Crystal
.5 # Munich

.75 oz Fuggles @ 60 mins.

Suggestions? Comments? Natural Light clone recipes? ;)

If you want to try that, I'd switch the amounts for the Crystal and Munich. One pound of crystal in a 9.5lb grain bill is probably a little too much IMO, but I would second what Cheeto says as well....

If you want to try that, I'd switch the amounts for the Crystal and Munich. One pound of crystal in a 9.5lb grain bill is probably a little too much IMO, but I would second what Cheeto says as well....

What he said plus 1, thoubh I`d shy away from some of those recipes posted above as they`re probably too hoppy 4 your pops. I`d add ferment w/ notty or us 05 at 60 degrees, nice & cold.

Schlante,
Phillip

Back