Trying to finish off an IPA hop combo...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleC223

Reaction score
Just looking for some input here. I'm gearing up for my next brew, which will be an IPA. I have several varieties of hops at my disposal, though all are in somewhat limited quantity, except for El Dorado, of which I have quite a bit.

I would like to use a three-hop combo for this one and am pretty set on using El Dorado and Mosaic. However, I'm not sure what else to use to round off the batch, and as I don't have a whole lot of experience blending hops, I'm open to suggestions. FWIW, this will be a 3-gallon extract batch with pilsen DME and a small bit of CaraPils and C10 steeping grains.

Here are the hops I have available, sorted by quantity and AA:

10 oz - El Dorado (13.4)

2 oz - Warrior (17.9)
2 oz - Nugget (14.8)
2 oz - Jarrylo (13.2)
2 oz - Calypso (12.8)
2 oz - Mosaic (11.2)
2 oz - Azacca (10.7)
2 oz - Centennial (9.2)
2 oz - Willamette (3.6)

1 oz - Citra (13.8)
1 oz - Cascade (6.4)

Thanks for the input.

I haven't used some of those but I like to balance the citrus hops with some pine. So I would use the warrior for bittering and add some centennial. Willamette to me says Lager

I think I'd go with the Citra. One of the best pale ales I ever made was a blend of Citra, Mosaic, and El Dorado - it was amazing and everyone who tried it loved it

Back