Trying to build a ginger pale ale, how much ginger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasa258e

Reaction score
I've seen recipes anywhere from 1 oz. to 2 lbs. I don't know where to start. I'm making a 5 gallon batch. I want to use fresh ginger and I would like a strong taste and aroma of ginger but still clearly a pale ale. Can anyone help with amounts? I would really appreciate it

I've seen recipes anywhere from 1 oz. to 2 lbs. I don't know where to start. I'm making a 5 gallon batch. I want to use fresh ginger and I would like a strong taste and aroma of ginger but still clearly a pale ale. Can anyone help with amounts? I would really appreciate it

A little overboard asking the same thing in 4 different places. This is from Mitch Steele's presentation at the 2014 AHA conference. If you're an AHA member, you can access the whole thing and the audio from his presentation.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451829488.935484.jpg

No personal experience, because I've tried a few commercial examples and don't like them. Although I love ginger in food and use the fresh roots often.

Back