Truvia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetedone2

Reaction score
Does truvia (artificial sweetener) feed yeast? I’m making hard cider, ready to bottle and naturally carbonate using corn sugar. Cider is rather dry so I would like to sweeten it some but don’t want to blow up the bottles. I was read to use “Truvia” a natural artificial sweetener. Any experience?

Attachments

• 23A26BF5-EAA9-4B29-9487-E1D30F5F8904.jpeg
    23A26BF5-EAA9-4B29-9487-E1D30F5F8904.jpeg
    909.5 KB · Views: 1
Does truvia (artificial sweetener) feed yeast? I’m making hard cider, ready to bottle and naturally carbonate using corn sugar. Cider is rather dry so I would like to sweeten it some but don’t want to blow up the bottles. I was read to use “Truvia” a natural artificial sweetener. Any experience?
Well, I added one cup by volume of the Truvia to each 5 gallon carboy and 5 once’s by weight of corn sugar to each 5 gallon carboy. I share the results.

Just realize there's a percentage of the population who perceive a (sometimes unpleasant) licorice flavor from products made with stevia...

Just realize there's a percentage of the population who perceive a (sometimes unpleasant) licorice flavor from products made with stevia...
I reserved 3 gallons for an experiment. Put it in freezer and drained out the alcohol. It went from 5% to 10%. 3 gallons to 1 1/4 gallons. Yes I sampled it. I did notice a... different flavor. Not ruining it, just not loving it.

Back